Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #1966
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I'm in 4 other leagues and this is literally the only league that puts all players on waivers after the thursday game...

And it's not like I'm loading up at certain positions. If you have an injured qb or te, you really want us to carry 3 of that position just so you have a viable backup? Aaron hernandez is hurt...so I'm supposed to carry 2 other tight ends just in case? This is the dumbest rule change this league has ever implemented and I'm not sure why it was done in the first place.

Last edited by IlliniFan : 09-28-2012 at 01:59 AM.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:58 AM   #1967
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
so just keep it ?
I thought we discussed this earlier in the season and the prevailing theme was that we will likely change it next year, but it wasn't really fair to adopt a completely new system when the season had started?

I don't see it as being remotely fair to change the system now. I'm not a big proponent of this waiver system, but there is strategy involved in it. You blow your load on some low ceiling fill-in (one of the benefits of keeping backups to every position on your roster) and you pay the consequences... Many people have already made moves. I've purposely kept my waiver movement to a minimum.

Had I known the waiver system would change four weeks into the season, I would have adopted a completely different strategy.

EDIT: I see the vote isn't necessarily for a revamped waiver system, but when the waivers start. Still, it makes zero sense to me to change things now and I don't see a coherent reason why Thursday games should be different from Sunday games in relation to the waiver wire. You need to have a Plan B in place before the Thursday game. Doesn't seem that difficult.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-28-2012 at 02:03 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #1968
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
And it's not like I'm loading up at certain positions.
Don't want to be argumentative, but you sort of are... The only spot on your bench not taken up by a RB or WR is Hernandez, who is your injured TE. You don't even have a backup QB, which is your prerogative under our current rules, but there are potential consequences to that.

And, yes... I always keep a backup TE and backup QB on my roster in case of an emergency.

I'm in a league where you actually have an IR spot that you can fill if a player is officially ruled out for the week and you can temporarily fill his spot with a waiver pickup. Of course, there are heavy roster restrictions in that league.

Btw, I just noticed you are carrying a second defense.... Why didn't you just drop the defense and pick up another TE?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-28-2012 at 02:18 AM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #1969
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I thought we discussed this earlier in the season and the prevailing theme was that we will likely change it next year, but it wasn't really fair to adopt a completely new system when the season had started?

I don't see it as being remotely fair to change the system now. I'm not a big proponent of this waiver system, but there is strategy involved in it. You blow your load on some low ceiling fill-in (one of the benefits of keeping backups to every position on your roster) and you pay the consequences... Many people have already made moves. I've purposely kept my waiver movement to a minimum.

Had I known the waiver system would change four weeks into the season, I would have adopted a completely different strategy.

EDIT: I see the vote isn't necessarily for a revamped waiver system, but when the waivers start. Still, it makes zero sense to me to change things now and I don't see a coherent reason why Thursday games should be different from Sunday games in relation to the waiver wire. You need to have a Plan B in place before the Thursday game. Doesn't seem that difficult.
Fully agreed. That's why the current system is fine IMO.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #1970
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Are you serious? Those stipulations are not ridiculous at all. How would a bet on player performance go if the player in question is injured? **** most points from here on out. I declared Williams an RB2 because Beanie is hurt and he's getting all the carries. Never said he would be for the rest of the season. If beanie comes back and gets carries, you obviously downgrade Williams.

anyways, I'll do a month if that's cool with you Jailblazers..

Yep, thats fine w/ me.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #1971
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

Dean just changed it to the First Game-Tuesday setting, it is not the setting we've been using this season. Dean you should not be changing settings without having a vote. Literally everyone voted to change it to the previous setting. I'll stop doing the speculative Monday pickups if it'll keep people from complaining. I still don't see how it's any more douchey than picking up players at 3 AM on Wednesday when no one is awake, but w/e.

Really, if we want fair waivers we need to use FAAB and move to a site that lets you run waivers twice a week on Wed. and Sat. with it never being FCFS. Injury news/suspension news can come out at any time so FCFS is never fair.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #1972
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Dean just changed it to the First Game-Tuesday setting, it is not the setting we've been using this season. Dean you should not be changing settings without having a vote. Literally everyone voted to change it to the previous setting. I'll stop doing the speculative Monday pickups if it'll keep people from complaining. I still don't see how it's any more douchey than picking up players at 3 AM on Wednesday when no one is awake, but w/e.

Really, if we want fair waivers we need to use FAAB and move to a site that lets you run waivers twice a week on Wed. and Sat. with it never being FCFS. Injury news/suspension news can come out at any time so FCFS is never fair.

Just noticed the trade review setting is also set to commissioner even tho I believe the league voted for the yahoo veto system for trade reviews.

What other sites could we use other than yahoo?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #1973
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Just noticed the trade review setting is also set to commissioner even tho I believe the league voted for the yahoo veto system for trade reviews.

I think any free sites will have the same issues, but I'd have to look around. MFL (My Fantasy League) would work and cost about 5-6 per person, but I don't think everyone will go for that. Seems like it's only a handful of us that are pissed off over this.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #1974
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah settings need to stop being changed with absolutely no notice given. That's bullshit. We voted to have it go to waivers when the players' game started and b4l changes it all of the sudden when marlo makes one complaint. And yeah, why was the trade review set back to commish?
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1975
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

yeah I noticed that on the last trade

B4L set it up to a vote system please...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #1976
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and Illini is correct, waivers should start before the player's game...not on Thursday for EVERYONE

I should be able to snag a FA on a Friday or Saturday if I want for whatever reason...shit happens sometimes
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #1977
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
and Illini is correct, waivers should start before the player's game...not on Thursday for EVERYONE

I should be able to snag a FA on a Friday or Saturday if I want for whatever reason...shit happens sometimes
Agree with this.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #1978
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hakeem nicks

just admit it UJF, you are a trade-rapist
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #1979
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

someone show me where we "agreed" to have the waiver system start on the players first game and not the first game of the NFL week (we never voted on this or agreed to it, so what makes the previous setting the right one?). Trade review is league votes.

edit: because we haven't voted on where the waiver starts, we need to vote on that fairly. How are we going to have the setting one way just because 1 or 2 guys wants it that way? Everyone needs to vote on it only way to fairly decide because we never decided that option of the waiver system.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #1980
TheSilentKiller
3-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I vote player are place on waivers once THEIR game starts.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: