Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #1981
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I vote player are place on waivers once THEIR game starts.
thank you. everyone already posts in this thread, just take a quick second to make your preference known.

Vote for when waivers start

Votes for they should start when the player's game starts

Illini
SCY
SK

Votes for waivers to begin with the first game of the week

B4L

First to 7 go go go go
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #1982
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #1983
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^my vote
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #1984
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

5 to 1. 2 more votes and it will be changed. League Votes already in place for trades, not sure why it was different, I think it was back when Marlo made that Jordy trade with SK and it had to get pushed through I just never changed it back til now good lookin' whoever that was.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #1985
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

I vote for Romney.

In all seriousness though, I'm going to have a major issue if SCY or whoever keeps doing system exploits and adding/dropping players in the later games in the event that there is an injury that takes place. It completely defeats the purpose of using waivers.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:26 PM   #1986
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
I vote for Romney.

In all seriousness though, I'm going to have a major issue if SCY or whoever keeps doing system exploits and adding/dropping players in the later games in the event that there is an injury that takes place. It completely defeats the purpose of using waivers.
Everyone has the option to do it, so I don't think there needs to be a rule preventing it.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #1987
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Everyone has the option to do it, so I don't think there needs to be a rule preventing it.
alright then i will handcuff any of your backups prior to the start of SNF and MNF and if one of your guys gets injured, too bad you won't be able to pick them up on waivers..(isnt that the point of waivers?)
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #1988
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
alright then i will handcuff any of your backups prior to the start of SNF and MNF and if one of your guys gets injured, too bad you won't be able to pick them up on waivers..(isnt that the point of waivers?)
exactly. What SCY was doing was an exploit, and pretty sad, I mean I could do it so could Marlo or anyone else but ethics come into play. SCY great manager, great member, big fan of guy no homo, but exploiting is a no-go for me.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #1989
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You have to drop your own guys to do this. There is no guarantee of getting them back
Old 09-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #1990
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

I see where you are coming from Marlo, but it also help out the people who lose someone to injury in a late game (Sunday / Monday night) who may not have a good option to fill the spot. I guess I didn't realize that SCY was deliberately doing that, which seems like a dick move.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #1991
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

how is a speculative pickup on mnf or snf any different from a speculative pickup right before tnf?
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #1992
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
You have to drop your own guys to do this. There is no guarantee of getting them back

hyptothetical scenario: say the game bradshaw got injured against carolina had an 815 sunday night start. I know andre brown is on the waiver wire and serves as a clear back up to bradshaw, I pick him up knowing that if bradshaw were to go down, I have a new starter... low and behold bradshaw ends up getting injured in the game and due to my system exploit im now sitting on a fantasy goldmine. you on the other hand had the #1 waiver claim and are now not only down a rb2, but without even a chance to put a claim on his backup. sucks for you, win for me...there is nothing to prevent anyone and everyone doing that every game, that's a slippery slope to go down and needs to be addressed..wouldnt you feel slighted?

if thats the game we all want to play, then fine. i am sticking up for all of you less experienced owners, I am very hip/aware of how the waivers work and I could easily do this like clockwork on SNF/MNF but i choose not to.

Last edited by Playmakers Dad : 09-28-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #1993
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
how is a speculative pickup on mnf or snf any different from a speculative pickup right before tnf?
because it's not a speculative pick up?

its called a system exploit. its considered unethical. youre solely adding players with the hope that the player in front of them gets injured.

the whole idea of a waiver system is to allow every manager an equal chance to add a player. not just the ones who had internet access before you.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #1994
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
no one said it is, you are missing the whole debate lol
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #1995
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
because it's not a speculative pick up?

its called a system exploit. its considered unethical. youre solely adding players with the hope that the player in front of them gets injured.

the whole idea of a waiver system is to allow every manager an equal chance to add a player. not just the ones who had internet access before you.

Maybe things work different on yahoo, but my espn league locks players to your roster for the rest of the week after their game gets played.

ie - if you have a guy who played on thursday night, he is locked on your roster for that week (you cant drop him on monday for a free agent who plays on mondays game).

I guess yahoo allows you to drop players that have already played during that week?? If you can change that setting, it would solve the problem with speculative pickups since it wouldnt be possible to drop anyone on monday unless the player you are dropping has not yet played during that week.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: