Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-28-2012, 06:02 PM   #1996
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Maybe things work different on yahoo, but my espn league locks players to your roster for the rest of the week after their game gets played.

ie - if you have a guy who played on thursday night, he is locked on your roster for that week (you cant drop him on monday for a free agent who plays on mondays game).

I guess yahoo allows you to drop players that have already played during that week?? If you can change that setting, it would solve the problem with speculative pickups since it wouldnt be possible to drop anyone on monday unless the player you are dropping has not yet played during that week.
Nanners thats not what B4L and I are upset about.

What we're trying to come up with a resolution to is some owners who will remain nameless are making add/drops a few minutes prior to Sunday night football and Monday night football. they're adding clear back ups right before the game starts with the hope that the starter gets injured, they now have a viable fantasy play, and scooped them up instead of having to go through waivers like everyone else. it's a legal move but it's a system exploit and is considered an unwritten law in most competitive fantasy circles. i personally don't have a problem with it, but i know that there are a lot of inexperienced owners in this league, and a more savvy/experienced owner can clearly take advantage of this.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #1997
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Nanners thats not what B4L and I are upset about.

What we're trying to come up with a resolution to is some owners who will remain nameless are making add/drops a few minutes prior to Sunday night football and Monday night football. they're adding clear back ups right before the game starts with the hope that the starter gets injured, they now have a viable fantasy play, and scooped them up instead of having to go through waivers like everyone else. it's a legal move but it's a system exploit and is considered an unwritten law in most competitive fantasy circles. i personally don't have a problem with it, but i know that there are a lot of inexperienced owners in this league, and a more savvy/experienced owner can clearly take advantage of this.
I didn't realize he was using this to exploit the system. In this case, I don't like it at all. I would still prefer to make players locked after their game begins, and maybe people could agree not to exploit the system?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #1998
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
alright then i will handcuff any of your backups prior to the start of SNF and MNF and if one of your guys gets injured, too bad you won't be able to pick them up on waivers..(isnt that the point of waivers?)
^^^My biggest problem with doing waiver this way. Yes, it is perfectly legal, but more than a little scummy (and I like SCY).

I prefer having very strict rules on rosters and waivers, so I'm not crazy about any of these settings. But if an already depleted waiver system is going to be taken advantage of?

Yeah, the rule is appropriate. And I vote to keep things as they are.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #1999
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
^^^My biggest problem with doing waiver this way. Yes, it is perfectly legal, but more than a little scummy (and I like SCY).

I prefer having very strict rules on rosters and waivers, so I'm not crazy about any of these settings. But if an already depleted waiver system is going to be taken advantage of?

Yeah, the rule is appropriate. And I vote to keep things as they are.
what is "as they are" I don't even know what we're doing right now
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #2000
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
what is "as they are" I don't even know what we're doing right now
Waivers close prior to Thursday's game. If you don't have emergency backups in place, that is a risk you are choosing to take.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #2001
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Waivers close prior to Thursday's game. If you don't have emergency backups in place, that is a risk you are choosing to take.
Yes, I Agree with you. However I think 4 other members (Jail, Illini, SCY, one more I'm forgetting maybe its PT) think it should be when that players game starts, and not when the first game starts. Seems like SK is cool with either way, he'll be fine with it starting when the players game starts if no body exploits yahoo.

For the record we never "decided" which way it would be, that's why I was taking a vote

I think the tally is 4-4 now or 4-3 depending on SK
Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 PM   #2002
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol if someone wants to use up one of their bench spots to fish for injuries that is totally fine by me...most of the back ups to injury prone starting RBs are already taken in hopes of that as it is...

marlo you have Ringer because you are fishing for a CJ injury...if you drop him and decide to fish elsewhere righ before a game?...go for it, I don't give a shit

to me this isn't an exploit...I am not going to do it because my bench is full of players I value too much...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #2003
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no...we should have THURSDAY AND FRIDAY AND SATURDAY AND EVEN SUNDAY MORNING to grab a FA if we want...not just Wednesday and Thursday before the game...

people have lives...

not only that but someone could actually get injured or demoted or WHATEVER on a Friday or Saturday, calling for an emergency FA pick up
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #2004
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Come on guys this isn't hard...there are a billion people playing FA using Yahoo that have no issues...

FAs should all be available UNTIL THEY PLAY...not until Thursday Night

if SCY wants to swap out backups before every game just let him...I'm fine with it...we could all do the same thing if we wanted.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #2005
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really don't care if he does it, everyone else can do it.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:01 PM   #2006
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Here's a simple fix. We could make a rule that any owner who picks up a player after the Sunday games start has to play them in their lineup. That way people can still make emergency adds to replace a scratched player. It's very easy to check the transaction list for Sunday and then look at the person's lineup, so it's not like it's a pain in the ass to monitor. If the owner didn't play them, simply eject them from their team and they'll be put on waivers.

Guess this wouldn't stop someone from doing it for the Thursday game, but it's doubtful anyone would have a player they obviously wanted to drop on Thursday. The guys I was dropping on Sunday/Monday either didn't perform or were injured.

I've promised to stop anyway, but I think this fix would make everyone happy, no?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #2007
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

okay so Illini, PT, SCY, Jail want to start waivers Sunday... Marlo, RBA, myself want to start it at the first game of the week for fairness purposes. Then you have SK who seems fine with either. So 4-3 vote.... need GOBB, NuggetsFan, etc. to vote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #2008
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Here's a simple fix. We could make a rule that any owner who picks up a player after the Sunday games start has to play them in their lineup. That way people can still make emergency adds to replace a scratched player. It's very easy to check the transaction list for Sunday and then look at the person's lineup, so it's not like it's a pain in the ass to monitor. If the owner didn't play them, simply eject them from their team and they'll be put on waivers.

Guess this wouldn't stop someone from doing it for the Thursday game, but it's doubtful anyone would have a player they obviously wanted to drop on Thursday. The guys I was dropping on Sunday/Monday either didn't perform or were injured.

I've promised to stop anyway, but I think this fix would make everyone happy, no?

Seems like a fair comprimise.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #2009
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY

NO WAY

I'm really not cool with ANY rule that has to regulated in this thread in here and not just in yahoo...it's not only annoying but also starts all sorts of debates and arguements...

how about this, we just use the yahoo rules and if people want to injury fish then who gives a shit?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #2010
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
NO WAY

I'm really not cool with ANY rule that has to regulated in this thread in here and not just in yahoo...it's not only annoying but also starts all sorts of debates and arguements...

how about this, we just use the yahoo rules and if people want to injury fish then who gives a shit?

I'd normally agree, but this is as simple/cut and dried as it gets. You either picked him up after the games started or you didn't. You either put him in your starting lineup or you didn't. There's nothing to argue over.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: