Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #2011
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I'd normally agree, but this is as simple/cut and dried as it gets. You either picked him up after the games started or you didn't. You either put him in your starting lineup or you didn't. There's nothing to argue over.
I don't want to have to police FA pick ups...and I don't want to have to worry about someone else policing correctly.

so what happens if someone grabs one and no one catches it and they don't play that FA?...are they punished?...do they lose money or something?

as cut and dry as it gets would just be going by the yahoo rules...that is truly nothing to argue over...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #2012
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
NO WAY

I'm really not cool with ANY rule that has to regulated in this thread in here and not just in yahoo...it's not only annoying but also starts all sorts of debates and arguements...

how about this, we just use the yahoo rules and if people want to injury fish then who gives a shit?
yahoo default rules, and for yahoo public money leagues they start the waiver process when the thursday games kick off... so if you want to follow yahoo that is what it is but that disagrees with what you want PT
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #2013
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
yahoo default rules, and for yahoo public money leagues they start the waiver process when the thursday games kick off... so if you want to follow yahoo that is what it is but that disagrees with what you want PT
yeah but you can change the setting to before the game starts right?

I should be able to sit down at home tonight and grab a FA if I want...because perhaps tonight is the only free time I have to research players out there and I work during the week.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #2014
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I don't want to have to police FA pick ups...and I don't want to have to worry about someone else policing correctly.

so what happens if someone grabs one and no one catches it and they don't play that FA?...are they punished?...do they lose money or something?

as cut and dry as it gets would just be going by the yahoo rules...that is truly nothing to argue over...

No punishment, the player's just put back on waivers. No one even has to watch it like a hawk, it'll be pretty obvious when it happens. MNF is Cowboys/Bears this week. Murray gets hurt, someone can't find Felix Jones on the waiver list, notices someone picked him up right before the game. Simple. If no one notices it, it wasn't a worthwhile pickup anyway.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #2015
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
No punishment, the player's just put back on waivers. No one even has to watch it like a hawk, it'll be pretty obvious when it happens. MNF is Cowboys/Bears this week. Murray gets hurt, someone can't find Felix Jones on the waiver list, notices someone picked him up right before the game. Simple. If no one notices it, it wasn't a worthwhile pickup anyway.
so when is starting cut off time?...what if Felix was grabed Saturday night at midnight?

can we grab Monday Night players on Sunday without having to play them?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 PM   #2016
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeah but you can change the setting to before the game starts right?

I should be able to sit down at home tonight and grab a FA if I want...because perhaps tonight is the only free time I have to research players out there and I work during the week.
yes you can, that is where the divide is right now. SCY agrees with you that it should be Sunday morning when everyone goes on waivers.... but he's offering a fair comprimise where there is a policing system - seems like a decent solution to me, that or keep it thursday waivers. Recall also before, I grabbed Ogletree because he wasn't on waivers, this situation is sticky.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #2017
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
yes you can, that is where the divide is right now. SCY agrees with you that it should be Sunday morning when everyone goes on waivers.... but he's offering a fair comprimise where there is a policing system - seems like a decent solution to me, that or keep it thursday waivers. Recall also before, I grabbed Ogletree because he wasn't on waivers, this situation is sticky.

it shouldn't be "Sunday morning" it should be like 15 minutes before that player's game starts

on Sunday night every player that plays Monday Night should be available to us
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2018
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
it shouldn't be "Sunday morning" it should be like 15 minutes before that player's game starts

in your opinion sure

edit: I think everyone can easily have there shit together by Thursday evening (before that thursday game kicks off). Week ends monday, you have both Tuesday and Wednesday and most of Thursday to. Easily should have plan B's in place etc. I'm with RBA on that one
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2019
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
no.
What do you mean, "no?"

I gave my vote. So, yes... that is my vote. You are entitled to your opinion.

These kinds of issues make me appreciate my two other big money leagues, with heavy roster restrictions making the waiver wire much more of a challenge and much more competitive/strategic. We don't run into these issues, because every roster spot is supremely important.

And, your point about "we have lives" is exactly why I prefer the strict waiver rules. It gives people who aren't around a computer every second of every day a fair shot at getting a big pickup.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #2020
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
so when is starting cut off time?...what if Felix was grabed Saturday night at midnight? can we grab Monday Night players on Sunday without having to play them?

The cutoff would be 12 CT Sunday when the games start, so no. The issue people have with what I was doing is not just fishing for injuries, everyone does that, but that I was getting a free shot to do so. I was dropping a player I knew was useless based on the results of his Sunday game, and picking up a player for free on Monday to see if they came into value. I was basically giving myself an extra roster spot that week.

Last edited by SCY : 09-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #2021
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Or not.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #2022
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What do you mean, "no?"

These kinds of issues make me appreciate my two other big money leagues, with heavy roster restrictions making the waiver wire much more of a challenge and much more competitive/strategic. We don't run into these issues, because every roster spot is supremely important.

And, your point about "we have lives" is exactly why I prefer the strict waiver rules. It gives people who aren't around a computer every second of every day a fair shot at getting a big pickup.
I mean "no" as in "that sucks"

roster restrictions don't do anything to the waiver wire...if someone is loaded with RBs then that means there are more WRs and TEs available...if someone loads up at WR then that means there are more RBs...etc

it all evens out

want deeper waivers?...make the bench 5 or 4 players instead of 6

there would be no "issues" if we just agreed to play by yahoo's settings
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #2023
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
What do you mean, "no?"

I'm fundamentally disagree with your league's particular rules, but you guys use some sort of pay site right? Yahoo doesn't offer that.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #2024
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
The cutoff would be 12 CT Sunday when the games start, so no. The issue people have with what I was doing is not just fishing for injuries, everyone does that, but that I was getting a free shot to do so. I was dropping a player I knew was useless based on the results of his Sunday game, and picking up a player for free on Monday to see if they came into value. I was basically giving myself an extra roster spot that week.
yeah I understand what you were doing and I have been saying that it doesn't bother me and we are all free to do that if we want...

have you hit on a starting RB doing that?

I tell you what, if you land Felix Jones after a Murray injury you can keep him
Old 09-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #2025
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
What do you mean, "no?"

Exactly why I agree it should be thursday, we have lives as PT said.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: