Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #2026
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
yeah I understand what you were doing and I have been saying that it doesn't bother me and we are all free to do that if we want...

have you hit on a starting RB doing that?

I tell you what, if you land Felix Jones after a Murray injury you can keep him

Bad example
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #2027
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Exactly why I agree it should be thursday, we have lives as PT said.
the way we have it now FA starts Wednesday and ends Thursday before the game

that is less than 2 days a week we have to grab a FA if we want one
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2028
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I'm fundamentally disagree with your league's particular rules, but you guys use some sort of pay site right? Yahoo doesn't offer that.
Yes, but then again I've always been in favor of this league using a pay site, too. It really doesn't cost much when you have 12 people chipping in and other sites are vastly superior to yahoo, not just with things like controlling rosters and other rules, but just watching a game while being updated.

CBSSportsline is the sh!t. Makes it so much more enjoyable to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #2029
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the way we have it now FA starts Wednesday and ends Thursday before the game

that is less than 2 days a week we have to grab a FA if we want one
nope. The way it is now, waivers will start when the first game of the week starts, that is usually Thursday at 820PM eastern.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:59 PM   #2030
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
nope. The way it is now, waivers will start when the first game of the week starts, that is usually Thursday at 820PM eastern.
yeah exactly...that is when "waivers" start

FAs start Wednesday morning?...and end when waivers start

that is the only time you can grab a FA

it should be you can grab a FA at anytime form Wednesday till before his game starts...IMO
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #2031
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yes, but then again I've always been in favor of this league using a pay site, too. It really doesn't cost much when you have 12 people chipping in and other sites are vastly superior to yahoo, not just with things like controlling rosters and other rules, but just watching a game while being updated.

CBSSportsline is the sh!t. Makes it so much more enjoyable to me.

Oh I know you have, and we should look into moving this league to a pay site, and hammering out every little detail in advance of next season. This year has been headache after headache and I apologize for contributing to that.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #2032
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
yeah exactly...that is when "waivers" start

FAs start Wednesday morning?...and end when waivers start

that is the only time you can grab a FA

it should be you can grab a FA at anytime form Wednesday till before his game starts...IMO
Right, so from midnight Tuesday, til almost midnight Thursday, almost 48 hours
Old 09-28-2012, 10:04 PM   #2033
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:

Regardless of what it is voted for, the settings MUST be changed back to what they were for this week. No one had any notice of this whatsoever. If people vote for First Game-Tuesday, fine, but that should start next week.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #2034
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Regardless of what it is voted for, the settings MUST be changed back to what they were for this week. No one had any notice of this whatsoever. If people vote for First Game-Tuesday, fine, but that should start next week.
Who voted to have it the other way? How was that decided?

Answer: it never was, I blindly picked it... not fair we should vote on whatever its going to be right now, its a 4-3 vote couple votes either way is most fair IMO
Old 09-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #2035
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Who voted to have it the other way? How was that decided?

Answer: it never was, I blindly picked it... not fair we should vote on whatever its going to be right now, its a 4-3 vote couple votes either way is most fair IMO

That's fine, I have no problem with people voting on it. But you can not change a setting in the middle of a freaking week, whether it was voted on or not. I had no freaking idea this setting was going to be changed and I'm sure I'm not alone there. You MUST change it back for this week or you are being sensationally unfair.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #2036
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
That's fine, I have no problem with people voting on it. But you can not change a setting in the middle of a freaking week, whether it was voted on or not. I had no freaking idea this setting was going to be changed and I'm sure I'm not alone there. You MUST change it back for this week or you are being sensationally unfair.
Actually it was changed before this week, and it was because a certain league member kept exploiting a loophole. Not sure if I changed it back would it take guys off waivers who haven't played yet (who's team hasn't played yet)... I can look into that tonight, but lets finish this vote so this can be fair
Old 09-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #2037
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

A lot of these pages haven't been a ringing endorsement to recruit new people for next year

Entertaining though...

Last edited by sunsfan1357 : 09-29-2012 at 07:11 AM.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #2038
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Actually it was changed before this week, and it was because a certain league member kept exploiting a loophole. Not sure if I changed it back would it take guys off waivers who haven't played yet (who's team hasn't played yet)... I can look into that tonight, but lets finish this vote so this can be fair

I had no idea the setting was changed until Tuesday I believe, and I'm sure there's members who have not been checking this thread who had no idea they would be locked out of pickups. I'm pretty sure I told you that you should change it back upon noticing it, then I carried on with my life and forgot about it. You should not be changing settings during the week, especially without a vote. That is way outside your power as commish.

I'll admit, I didn't realize the gravity of this until just now. Gronk is on the injury report and since you only changed this setting a few days ago, I never had time to realize I should add a backup TE. Self-serving? Don't give a damn, I'm in the right here. My opponent Dooms doesn't have a backup TE for Gates this week and we all know that's playing with fire. Several people don't have backup QB's. No one had time to adjust to this new rule that hasn't even been voted on yet. You have to change it back, it's grossly unfair to me and everyone else.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:02 AM   #2039
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's not FAIR that it was changed this week without any vote from the setting it was originally on last week. Literally no other yahoo leagues I'm in use this retarded ass setting. DEFUALT is when the player game starts. You are changing these settings (trade setting you changed back to commish review even after we voted on league review till someone caught that) to your preference until someone says something then you put it to a vote. Shady stuff.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #2040
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
It's not FAIR that it was changed this week without any vote from the setting it was originally on last week. Literally no other yahoo leagues I'm in use this retarded ass setting. DEFUALT is when the player game starts. You are changing these settings (trade setting you changed back to commish review even after we voted on league review till someone caught that) to your preference until someone says something then you put it to a vote. Shady stuff.
Illinois, I can assure you that no one is doing anything shady. Bb4l Was protecting the inexperienced members of the league who weren't even aware of what was happening. The issue got addressed earlier in the thread and he decided to be proactive and adjust the rule since no one said anything. As far as the trade setting is concerned that was done only to expedite 1 trade.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: