Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #2116
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I debated putting Roberts in at the FLEX over Bush who's banged up. Really regretting not doing that.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #2117
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Impossible to "r@ped" in a trade this early in the season. We'll see when it is all said and done how these trades worked out.

I will say that I didn't understand the Charles, Maclin, Alf, Royster trade from Dean's POV. I was pretty shocked when I saw that one, because he almost always has me shaking my head due to a lopsided trade in his favor. Still, we won't know for a while how this thing really shakes out. Still a lot of time.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #2118
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fitzpatrick is starting to look like a better QB option than Rivers. Not that Rivers has been bad, but Fitzpatrick has been lights out the last three weeks in terms of FF production.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #2119
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Impossible to "r@ped" in a trade this early in the season. We'll see when it is all said and done how these trades worked out.

I will say that I didn't understand the Charles, Maclin, Alf, Royster trade from Dean's POV. I was pretty shocked when I saw that one, because he almost always has me shaking my head due to a lopsided trade in his favor. Still, we won't know for a while how this thing really shakes out. Still a lot of time.

Sure. That's the reason I'm staunchly against vetoing in most cases. We know a lot less than we think we do. But I don't see many scenarios where Dean wins this one other than a major injury to one of Jazz's guys.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #2120
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Dean directly influenced my loss this week, too... Both Charles and Alf had huge weeks and Maclin still hasn't even played yet.

Congrats, Jazz.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #2121
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Dean directly influenced my loss this week, too... Both Charles and Alf had huge weeks and Maclin still hasn't even played yet.

Congrats, Jazz.

Yeah, I lost to Jazz lost week. His team definitely looks like a contender at this point with no apparent weaknesses.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #2122
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Yeah, I lost to Jazz lost week. His team definitely looks like a contender at this point with no apparent weaknesses.
Scy does yahoo update the stats tonight? Or are these scores final? I know there are stat corrections later in the week but do they adjust stuff tonight?
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #2123
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Scy does yahoo update the stats tonight? Or are these scores final? I know there are stat corrections later in the week but do they adjust stuff tonight?

Not sure, I've never seen them do that so I'd guess no.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #2124
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So what's the deal with the rolling waiver wire, since all my other leagues are ESPN or NFL.com I'm not familiar with this, does it update once a week or does it not account for basic free agent pick-ups with nobody else claiming them?
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #2125
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
So what's the deal with the rolling waiver wire, since all my other leagues are ESPN or NFL.com I'm not familiar with this, does it update once a week or does it not account for basic free agent pick-ups with nobody else claiming them?

I still don't entirely understand it but if you make a claim you go to the bottom of the list unless someone higher than you also made a claim. It sucks. FA pickups don't affect it.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #2126
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It has a ton to do with Hasselbeck being in there. He looks so much more comfortable right now than he has all season with Locker. Quarterbacking is about more than just knowing where and when to throw the ball... it is also about knowing how to check into runs when the defense dictates it and to which side.

Sad thing is, this is probably just a one week thing. Then back to the 3.70 weeks.
Props to RBA for being Patient... I sold CJ for Ridley in one league, and for ALF in another. Still happy with those sales as both are VERY strong RB2s. But it appears CJ will atleast be a strong Rb2 as well. Props RBA
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #2127
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeah, well I thought Charles might end up in a RBBC with the way they were using all 3 RBs. Then he gets to face NO non-existent rush D with Hillis getting hurt, and obviously goes off as he should. Now the coaching staff will give him a ton of touches suddenly (didn't expect that off ACL, with 2 other RBs they were using). Bad read by me, especially since I thought a healthy Mathews is a sure-fire 1st round pick, but he's proving to be a useless scrub. I lost this week, not just lost got BLOWN out by JBs... definitely lacking in the RB1 and RB2 department from Ray Rice and Mathews both doing nothing much for guys I look at as elite, or atleast did in Mathews case before this week. Mathews is a flex now though behind Battle. It's pretty clear Charles >> MAthews. ALF himself >>>> Mathews. Maclin > SJ13 but that one is closer. As well my trade of SJ13+ Amendola for Nicks wasn't that great either, knew I was playing with fire with Nicks, doubt I'll get 12 games out of that guy.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #2128
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I still don't entirely understand it but if you make a claim you go to the bottom of the list unless someone higher than you also made a claim. It sucks. FA pickups don't affect it.

Not a fan of that, I think any waiver wire pick-up (unless you lose out to somebody ahead of you) or free agent pick-up should put you down on the list. Otherwise, the waiver list is going to be the same the whole year because there isn't going to be a bunch of guys every single week that will be up for grabs.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #2129
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Not a fan of that, I think any waiver wire pick-up (unless you lose out to somebody ahead of you) or free agent pick-up should put you down on the list. Otherwise, the waiver list is going to be the same the whole year because there isn't going to be a bunch of guys every single week that will be up for grabs.
Did we change the waiver system???
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #2130
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Did we change the waiver system???

I don't think it's ever changed, if it's possible I think the rolling waiver wire should be changed for ANY new player you pick up from free agency/waivers though.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: