Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #2296
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
You're crazy if you think Spiller is a Top 5 RB at this stage.

Fred Jackson is a VERY good running back and he will get a lot of touches as long as he is healthy. Spiller also makes things tough for FJax owners, because they are likely to split touches as long as they are both healthy, but to act as though you are going to get the Spiller you did three weeks ago when FJax is also playing?

Crazy talk. Btw, FJax is also coming off of a pretty severe injury. He was rushed back onto the field, in fact... Probably a bit too soon.

You think FJax is heading to the bench next week?
I fully expect him to get the bulk of the carries from here out and go back to what he was the first 3 weeks...I see no reason to think he will be any different
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #2297
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
F*ck. My lack of depth of depth at WR killed me. Shouldn't have rolled with Blackmon. I could have used the extra 3-4 points. Guess that's what happens when you have 3 playable WR's and 2 of them are on bye week
If I would have played Mendenhall over CJ, which is what I really wanted to do but was afraid to pull the trigger on Mendy's first game back, it would be a non-issue.

This should be a very interesting 2nd half.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #2298
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I fully expect him to get the bulk of the carries from here out and go back to what he was the first 3 weeks...I see no reason to think he will be any different
Even though Fred Jackson was the starting RB at the beginning of the season and has been in every game during which both have played, including the last two weeks... And he's also received slightly more carries/targets in each game also?

There is no reason to believe Spiller will magically become a feature back unless FJax gets hurt again.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #2299
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If I would have played Mendenhall over CJ, which is what I really wanted to do but was afraid to pull the trigger on Mendy's first game back, it would be a non-issue.

This should be a very interesting 2nd half.

Is there anyway I can still win this thing? 19 points seems like nothing when you have 3 players spread out on both teams.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #2300
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Why do you ALWAYS post stuff you don't believe? It's halftime, you have the lead, and you still have Meachem and the Saints kicker and another player going tomorrow? Do you really believe in this reverse jinx shit?
what are you talking about? Meachem didn't catch a ball in 2 of 4 games if I'm not mistaken. Expecting something 2nd half out of Meachem would be retarded. Hartley may get a few points yes. But that would put me up like 7 or so, versus Daniels who has been consistent and good this year that isn't enough I would need a Schilens TD on MNF or a good game.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #2301
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Is there anyway I can still win this thing? 19 points seems like nothing when you have 3 players spread out on both teams.
That sequence of events was HUGE for you just now. Your defense got the pick, but set Rivers up perfectly to orchestrate a TD drive. It ends up being a run that gets it done.

I needed another TD pass there. My season encapsulated by that sequence.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #2302
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Even though Fred Jackson was the starting RB at the beginning of the season and has been in every game during which both have played, including the last two weeks... And he's also received slightly more carries/targets in each game also?

There is no reason to believe Spiller will magically become a feature back unless FJax gets hurt again.
Magically? Him out playing FJax isn't magic

Runners lose their starting roles to backups EVERY YEAR

Felix Jones got injured, now Murray is the starter...because he showed to be better

Exact same is happening in Buff
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #2303
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Sproles just not a big enough part of the gameplan tonight like I need him to be.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #2304
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:

Felix Jones got injured, now Murray is the starter...because he showed to be better

Except, it isn't happening.... Both are currently playing and FJax is starting and receiving slightly more targets. Why are you assuming things have changed so drastically when the facts don't back it up? If you are asserting that Spiller is still hurt, FJax was rushed back into the starting lineup even faster than Spiller. Both guys were hurt. They are currently EXACTLY where they were on the depth chart prior to the season.

I own Spiller in one league and FJax in another, so it makes no difference to me. But, I've been watching Buffalo exactly because I have both guys and those touches are being split right down the middle.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-07-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #2305
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Big difference between F-Jax and Felix Jones.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #2306
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Big difference between F-Jax and Felix Jones.
I feel for -pt-... Those few weeks of Spiller going nuts clearly made a huge impression on him and rightly so... He was really good. But FJax is also REALLY good... Too good to be relegated to backup status.

The kind of split we've seen the last two games will likely be how it will go for the rest of the season as long as both stay healthy... Which sucks for owners of both guys (as I said, I am one). I wish Spiller would take over as feature back, because I'd rather have that team in that league have a stud than the guys splitting the action... but it isn't going to happen like that.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #2307
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I need a TD from Rivers to Floyd. That is what it comes down to.

EDIT: Rivers takes some REALLY stupid sacks. He had enough time to get rid of the ball there... And that has happened several times. Just get rid of it.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #2308
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I wouldn't get the points if Sproles returned a punt for a TD, right?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #2309
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I wouldn't get the points if Sproles returned a punt for a TD, right?
You would.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #2310
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow. San Diego with the pick 6 but gets called back due to roughing the passer. That would have been massive
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: