Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #2641
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

More like Connor Barf, I suck at picking kickers this year.

You still want to do that trade SK?
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #2642
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
That is literally the only reason MJD left hurt

RBA whatever you touch turns to shit WTF.
I've honestly never had this kind of luck in FF. I don't know what is going on in this league this season. I was incredibly excited about my team after the draft. Everything has just gone to sh!t. I held onto Jennings this long for exactly the reason you saw today... I thought MJD may get hurt this year, but I could not hold onto him another week after being ravaged with byes this week. I had virtually no choice, other than just leaving a spot empty (and I already started Manningham this week and he didn't play).

Just one of those years, I guess. I've never been 1-6 in any league in my life.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-21-2012 at 06:26 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #2643
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
More like Connor Barf, I suck at picking kickers this year.

You still want to do that trade SK?
I've been thinking more about it and I think I am going to hold on to Tate. If the Texans keep winning he is going to get a decent number of carries starting in week 14 and he could be a solid flex play. Sorry for backing out, but I just can't get away from Tate atm
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #2644
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I've honestly never had this kind of luck in FF. I don't know what is going on in this league this season. I was incredibly excited about my team after the draft. Everything has just gone to sh!t. I held onto Jennings this long for exactly the reason you saw today... I thought MJD may get hurt this year, but I could not hold onto him another week after being ravaged with byes this week. I had virtually no choice, other than just leaving a spot empty (and I already started Manningham this week and he didn't play).

Just one of those years, I guess. I've never been 1-6 in any league in my life.
I've been paying attention man trust me. It's pretty ridiculous the kind of bad luck you've experienced this year.

There is always next year, and other leagues
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #2645
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I need Stafford, Forte, Bush and Jason Hanson to get me 26.3. I kind of like my chances
Old 10-22-2012, 02:36 AM   #2646
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

I'm up 102-76 in my matchup. My opponent has Calvin Johnson and Robbie Gould yet to play. Really hope the Bears secondary doubles Johnson. I'll be 6-1 if I win this week.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #2647
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I need Stafford, Forte, Bush and Jason Hanson to get me 26.3. I kind of like my chances
you won

had I started Shonn Green at Flex instead of Dez it might be a little interesting...

might not ever bench Shonn again...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #2648
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so B4L, would you retract the Nicks trade if you could?

he has had just one good game this year...

Amendola got injured, so that makes it a bit better looking for you I guess...
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #2649
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
so B4L, would you retract the Nicks trade if you could?

he has had just one good game this year...

Amendola got injured, so that makes it a bit better looking for you I guess...
Well obviously I would re-tract both trades I made. I wasn't a fan of either one at the time but the Nicks trade Marlo, RBA, etc. really thought I won. Stevie J has been consistent, durable and good. Amendola if healthy would have given UJF a massive win. Ingram was nothing as most suspected anyway. The other trade I gave up basically Charles + Alfred Morris for Mathews another rape for UJF. I really suck at trading.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #2650
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Yikes
Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #2651
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Well obviously I would re-tract both trades I made. I wasn't a fan of either one at the time but the Nicks trade Marlo, RBA, etc. really thought I won. Stevie J has been consistent, durable and good. Amendola if healthy would have given UJF a massive win. Ingram was nothing as most suspected anyway. The other trade I gave up basically Charles + Alfred Morris for Mathews another rape for UJF. I really suck at trading.
Still plenty of season left. I'm still very comfortable that Nicks will end up being the player we all know he is. His one bad trait over the course of his career is injuries, and it is admittedly a very bad trait. But, once he is healthy (and I just read an article indicating that he is almost completely back), he will be a consistent point machine once again. His track record is long enough to show his production will eventually come.

I say that as an owner of Nicks in one my other leagues. I knew when I drafted him that he would probably have a period of games where he was unhealthy or completely out. That just comes with the territory when you take the guy.

If you aren't completely out of the running by the end of that period (which you aren't), then you are probably going to reap tremendous rewards in the end. Watch and see.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #2652
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

So, the comically awfulness of the RBA's 2012 ISH Money League season continues to grow...

1. I had virtually all of my best players on byes this week and literally all three of my starting WRs (White, Thomas, Floyd) on bye weeks. Thus, I had to make a decision to put forth a complete starting lineup. Someone had to be dropped. The choice was obvious. Rashad Jennings has done nothing this year and MJD had proven -- once again -- to be the most durable back in the NFL. After six weeks, MJD seemed to only be gaining strength and Jennings wasn't usable in any way, shape or form. I mean, I had held onto this guy for six weeks with no production at all in the seemingly bleak event of MJD going down with injury. It seemed time to move on.

So, the choice was obvious... Pick up a fill-in receiver for the week and drop the useless Jennings.

2. As we all now know, MJD went down on the second offensive play of the game for the Jags. It is starting to look like he will miss an extended period of time and maybe even the season if it is deemed to be a lisfranc, the same injury which ended Santonio Holmes' season. Jennings is now in line to be a feature back for the foreseeable future.

3. As unfortunate as all of this seemed, one of the benefits of having the worst record in the league and resisting waiver moves for the season is having the ability to grab whomever you want off of the wire. So, while it sucks to have to use this great position on a guy whom I had a couple of days ago, it isn't like I completely missed the opportunity to use him, right?

4. Wrong. I just went to grab him off waivers and this is the message I received... "There was a problem. You cannot add a player you dropped until the waiver period ends. (Error #245)"

Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #2653
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Week 8 Power Rankings

1. My Favorite Marshawn (SCY): Highest overall points, tied for best record. Combination of Lynch and Foster is proving to be pretty lethal and Cobb and Colston are having terrific seasons. Strong playoff contender.

2. Spiller Time (PT): This team can be inconsistent at times, but when it is on, watch out. Drew Brees and CJ Spiller are capable of going off any week and VJax has been a very nice addition so far. Shonn Greene isn't a great RB2 but as he has shown, he can put up big weeks.

3. Jazz Ballers (UtahJazzFan88): Very well rounded team. Weakest at the receiver position but once Maclin gets healthy you should be allright.

4. Natalie Portman's (NuggetsFan): Aarond Rodgers + AJ Green + Adrian Peterson . Whenever you have those three guys on the same team you can expect to near the top in scoring each week. Unfortunately lack of depth is an issue for this team, but at 4-3 they are in an ok position to make a playoff run.

5. Young and Hungry (Marlo): It's nuts that you have Julio, Cruz, and Fitzgerald. By far the best receiving corps in the league. Ridley and Mathews should be solid going forward, but a solid rb3 is missing. Recent trades have put this team in a good spot to make it to the playoffs.

6. The JBs (Jail Blazers): At 5-2 this team is off to a great start, but injuries to Demarco, Jennings, and Fred Davis have really hurt. If McCoy can turn it on the second half of the season this team can still make a playoff run, but it isn't looking great atm

7. BB4L: Nicks' injury and McFadden's lackluster performance so far has left much to be desired from this team. Still finding a way to find points, but faces and uphill battle to try and make the playoffs.

8. The Silent Killer: I like my team quite a bit. Most of my players have had their bye week and Jordy Nelson is starting to put up great numbers. If Bradshaw and Forte can keep running well I think I can make a good playoff run.

9. Dooms: Percy and TRich have been playing pretty well, but this team has a few holes that need to be filled. Issues at qb and lack of running back depth hurts this team a bit.

10. Illini Money (Illini Fan): Calvin and Marshall make this team very efficient at receiver, but that is about it. Aaron Hernandez getting healthy should help a bit, but some moves are in order if this team has any shot of the playoffs.

11. RBA: I actually like your team. White, Thomas, and Floyd make a solid receiver core and is it possible that CJ2k is back? If so, it may be too little too late as you would nearly have to win out to make the playoffs.

12. Gobbz iz GOOD amen (GOBB): MJD missing substantial time is a huge blow. Couple that with Carolina's offense struggling mightily and this team has a very bleak future.

Hope you guys enjoyed the powerrankings, tried to do them with as little bias as possible, and obviously not everyone will agree on everything. Tell me what you think.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2654
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Still plenty of season left. I'm still very comfortable that Nicks will end up being the player we all know he is. His one bad trait over the course of his career is injuries, and it is admittedly a very bad trait. But, once he is healthy (and I just read an article indicating that he is almost completely back), he will be a consistent point machine once again. His track record is long enough to show his production will eventually come.

I say that as an owner of Nicks in one my other leagues. I knew when I drafted him that he would probably have a period of games where he was unhealthy or completely out. That just comes with the territory when you take the guy.

If you aren't completely out of the running by the end of that period (which you aren't), then you are probably going to reap tremendous rewards in the end. Watch and see.
earlier in this thread when I pointed out his low ADP and cited injury concerns as the reason you said that he had no injury concerns and that had nothing to do with why he was falling in drafts

then you went on to say ADP means nothing, and cited Marlo's other savy league as the real indicator lol

and Miles Austin sucks...etc

of course none of that matters if Nicks has a few good games toward the end...the fact that he has hurt B4L up to this point means nothing...
Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #2655
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Drew Brees is now the highest scoring player in fantasy over RG3

25.78 PPG

and with that horrid defense the Saints have, that isn't going to change any time soon...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: