Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #2656
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Man its like the FF gods read my mind. I had every intention on trading MJD in both my leagues after the Oakland game. I figured MJD would score big this week thus giving me a huge push in moving him to an owner. Backfired! That hurts.

Nicks trade still owns bb4l, but you got shafted with that Mattews deal. Ouch.

I just cant get up for this league.

Anyone want to trade?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #2657
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd be down to move a WR. Obviously Green would be really tough to get.

Green
Miles Austin
D.Moore
Josh Gordon
Andre Roberts

Andre Roberts has had a pretty big season. Pretty sure he's out scored Larry Fitz so far in overall FF points, obviously not as consistent. Miles Austin\D.Moore are both 10+ players and now it looks like Gordon is really breaking out.

Hit me up for a deal
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #2658
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'd be down to move a WR. Obviously Green would be really tough to get.

Green
Miles Austin
D.Moore
Josh Gordon
Andre Roberts

Andre Roberts has had a pretty big season. Pretty sure he's out scored Larry Fitz so far in overall FF points, obviously not as consistent. Miles Austin\D.Moore are both 10+ players and now it looks like Gordon is really breaking out.

Hit me up for a deal
LOL wow... I thought you were pulling a quick one, but Andre Roberts has in fact outscored Larry Fitzgerald on the year,
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #2659
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought Nugs fan had the best draft of all of us...and now that Rodgers is back to doing what he does, he should be a lock for the playoffs

still weak at TE though
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #2660
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
LOL wow... I thought you were pulling a quick one, but Andre Roberts has in fact outscored Larry Fitzgerald on the year,

Ya, nowhere near as consistent tho. Don't want to pimp out my players but really annoying having those points on the bench and at WR. Gordon has lit up too, like 21\17\12 in the last 3 weeks since Browns have been looking at him.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #2661
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

LeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLeFraud James is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chatzy anyone?

Slow day at work and I feel like discussing some FF.
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #2662
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
you said that he had no injury concerns
Needs citation.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #2663
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Needs citation.

Quote:
His injury had nothing to do with why I didn't pick him, nor did Cruz. I also don't think that is why he is 'falling' in some drafts. It is just a RB thing. A lot of people recognize the same thing that I did... You don't get your starting RB situation sorted out very quickly this year and you are in a world of trouble.

Therefore, money in the bank receivers like Nicks, Cruz, Marshall, Green, Jennings, Nelson, Welker, etc. are falling well beyond their actual worth. Just a case of RB being by far the weakest position and WR being by far the strongest, so people are willing to wait.

Quote:
He fractured a small bone in his foot in May and he didn't miss the entire preseason... He played against New England the other night.

I don't expect him to be worked in slowly at all. He will have his usual role as a primary offensive threat right from the jump. Furthermore, as I said, that is not the reason I didn't draft him and he is not falling in every draft. Marlo said above that in one of his most competitive drafts a few days ago he went in the 2nd round.

Maybe you didn't take him because of injury concerns or Cruz or whatever, but that isn't why I didn't take him and a lot of people are taking him early in drafts.

Miles Austin isn't as good as Nicks and his injury issues are much more severe. Totally different case.

start at bottom of page for whole debate:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...270256&page=51
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #2664
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I actually like Utah's side better but everything Marlo is saying makes sense

Nicks is coming off a semi-serious injury, and I consider Cruz the #1 on that team anyway...it wouldn't shock me one bit if Stevie had bigger numbers

Amendola is someone I think will turn into a very solid starter if healthy, he is Sam's number 1 and the only WR worth a shit on that whole team, he is going to get tons of targets.

Ingram = meh

fair trade though for the most part...
^^^ me being accurate, first post after seeing the trade

had Amendola stayed healthy it wouldn't even be close, he was #1 overall for WRs at one point
Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #2665
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
start at bottom of page for whole debate:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...270256&page=51
Ok... How does that relate to your point?

Your quote was this...

"you said that he had no injury concerns and that had nothing to do with why he was falling in drafts"

That isn't at all what the quotes you referenced are saying. The remarks were about my draft strategy. I said that I didn't pass on him because of injury concerns, not that his ADP or whatever else wasn't impacted by them. I've had Nicks several different years on my team. He has missed multiple games every year that I've had him. Like I said, it comes with the territory. But, in all cases when I owned him, it was worth it in the end.

Again, I was talking about my own draft strategy in the above quotes. Anyone who doesn't realize Nicks has a tendency to get nicked (get it?) up hasn't been paying attention to his career. It happens every season for him. It just happens to be something I was/am willing to live with for the end results.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #2666
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
^^^ me being accurate, first post after seeing the trade

had Amendola stayed healthy it wouldn't even be close, he was #1 overall for WRs at one point
Erm... But he did get hurt. Same as Nicks. Couldn't you just as easily argue "if Nicks was 100-percent, it wouldn't be close?"

Also, I will point out that we aren't even halfway through the season yet and the most important fantasy run is still to come.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #2667
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

it's the same injury though...that was already known about before the trade...Amendola's injury came after...and is Nicks not 100% now?

anyway, you saying this:

Quote:
I don't expect him to be worked in slowly at all. He will have his usual role as a primary offensive threat right from the jump.

doesn't add up with this really:

Quote:
I knew when I drafted him that he would probably have a period of games where he was unhealthy or completely out.

maybe Nicks can dig B4L out of his hole though, you're right...but as of RIGHT NOW the trade looks like a loss for B4L, even with Amendola out
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #2668
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Stevie: 78.70
Amendola: 66.30

total: 145.0

Nicks: 50.40

that is just up to here...but you're right the future could change things
Old 10-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #2669
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
it's the same injury though...that was already known about before the trade...Amendola's injury came after...and is Nicks not 100% now?

anyway, you saying this:

doesn't add up with this really:

But, was I wrong? Nicks had a 200-yard, 1 touchdown receiving game the second week of the season. He wasn't worked in slowly.... And he re-injured the foot after having a great start to the season.

Anyway, just as I thought, I never announced that injuries weren't an issue for Nicks, which is what you said that I said. I never thought that, so I was pretty sure I didn't post it on here.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2670
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's ok guys, I didn't even want you to mention the power rankings I made
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: