Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #2806
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

old marlo is dealing with some major personal issues (i will be ok), havent been able to devote much time to fantasy these past few weeks.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #2807
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
old marlo is dealing with some major personal issues (i will be ok), havent been able to devote much time to fantasy these past few weeks.

Sorry to hear that...

hope it's not too bad...

Just remember:

edit: Hopefully it's not Hurricane Sandy related.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #2808
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I played Cook in another league he had a lot of positive pub coming into the game. Rudolph on the other hand is brutal, snagged Keller off waivers plugging him in @ SEA over Rudolph.

I got incredibly lucky v. Marlo but I think I was due for a win being 2nd in points coming into the week but only a 4-4 record and most points against.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #2809
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
eh, the odds of McFadden playing a full games are slim to none...it's about the same odds as GoBB winning 1st place in this league

if I was an owner of him I might actually rather him go ahead and get hurt NOW, in hopes that he could be back in time for FF playoffs...ha

serioulsy though, I'll be shocked if he is still running strong come week 8
not a huge prediction, most thought DMC would get injured...

but I predicted the exact week...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #2810
SCY
Put yr guns up

Silent Killer, accept my trade yo.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #2811
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Silent Killer, accept my trade yo.
Sorry, saw it and forgot to respond. No thanks.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #2812
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Sorry, saw it and forgot to respond. No thanks.

Are you even trying to make the playoffs? Can you walk me through your thought process here? You are going to lose this week and miss the playoffs if you don't make this trade (or a similar trade with someone else if you don't like what I've been offering). Sorry for being a douche and calling you out in here, but I think it's a discussion worth having.

To let everyone else in, I've offered Issac Redman & Golden Tate for Ben Tate. This is just one of many offers I've made for Ben Tate in the last few weeks. Since I own Foster, Tate is someone I'd like to own strictly as a handcuff. Sure, it's conceivable Tate could come into value if Texans start to rest Foster in weeks 15 or 16. They'd probably have to have clinched HFA which doesn't seem particularly likely, but possible.

But, Silent Killer is 3-6, about to be 3-7. He's rolling out Kevin Ogletree and Scott Chandler in his lineup this week. Ben Tate is completely worthless to SK. He's rotting on his bench, and SK has no shot at making the playoffs where Ben Tate might potentially be useful with his current squad. So here comes me, offering Issac Redman, a guy who's currently starting and primed to put up at least RB2 numbers this week against the Chiefs. Redman certainly has more value this week and honestly probably more future value. But when you're staring 3-7 at the face, who gives a rat's about future value? This is must win territory for SK and he should be leaping all over this trade.

I'm not trying to just beat up on SK here, I think all the owners currently at the bottom of standings are missing opportunities by not trading. I'll pick on RBA for a second. At 2-7, he should be trading Darren Sproles & Antonio Brown to get some warm bodies in his lineup. By the time they come back, he will be completely out of it. Not trading in these situations basically means you've given up, which is not good for the competitiveness of the league.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #2813
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Are you even trying to make the playoffs? Can you walk me through your thought process here? You are going to lose this week and miss the playoffs if you don't make this trade (or a similar trade with someone else if you don't like what I've been offering). Sorry for being a douche and calling you out in here, but I think it's a discussion worth having.

To let everyone else in, I've offered Issac Redman & Golden Tate for Ben Tate. This is just one of many offers I've made for Ben Tate in the last few weeks. Since I own Foster, Tate is someone I'd like to own strictly as a handcuff. Sure, it's conceivable Tate could come into value if Texans start to rest Foster in weeks 15 or 16. They'd probably have to have clinched HFA which doesn't seem particularly likely, but possible.

But, Silent Killer is 3-6, about to be 3-7. He's rolling out Kevin Ogletree and Scott Chandler in his lineup this week. Ben Tate is completely worthless to SK. He's rotting on his bench, and SK has no shot at making the playoffs where Ben Tate might potentially be useful with his current squad. So here comes me, offering Issac Redman, a guy who's currently starting and primed to put up at least RB2 numbers this week against the Chiefs. Redman certainly has more value this week and honestly probably more future value. But when you're staring 3-7 at the face, who gives a rat's about future value? This is must win territory for SK and he should be leaping all over this trade.

I'm not trying to just beat up on SK here, I think all the owners currently at the bottom of standings are missing opportunities by not trading. I'll pick on RBA for a second. At 2-7, he should be trading Darren Sproles & Antonio Brown to get some warm bodies in his lineup. By the time they come back, he will be completely out of it. Not trading in these situations basically means you've given up, which is not good for the competitiveness of the league.
I understand your argument, I just disagree with it. Golden Tate wouldn't start on my team and Isaac Redman is about to be a backup. I understand that I have to focus on winning now instead of later, but I can't get rid of the only chance I have of winning games down the road for something that I don't value very highly.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #2814
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
I understand your argument, I just disagree with it. Golden Tate wouldn't start on my team and Isaac Redman is about to be a backup. I understand that I have to focus on winning now instead of later, but I can't get rid of the only chance I have of winning games down the road for something that I don't value very highly.

There's only like 13 games in the season, you have to win now...

BTW Dean, just seen your trade, good offer, might counter it a little bit tho, but I'm not sure if I can do it with Nicks being on a bye. That sounds really dumb maybe but I need every win and guy without a bye left right now.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 11-10-2012 at 06:56 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #2815
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:

Ben Tate IS a backup, and Mendenhall & Dwyer are far greater injury risks than Foster. 7 losses puts you out of it, and looking at your matchup you need a total miracle to beat Marlo this week. A potentially huge game for Redman could get you the W I don't get why at the very least, you haven't tried to ask for more. If it's because you just have a hunch on Tate, fair enough I suppose.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #2816
TheSilentKiller
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Ben Tate IS a backup, and Mendenhall & Dwyer are far greater injury risks than Foster. 7 losses puts you out of it, and looking at your matchup you need a total miracle to beat Marlo this week. A potentially huge game for Redman could get you the W I don't get why at the very least, you haven't tried to ask for more. If it's because you just have a hunch on Tate, fair enough I suppose.
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but I really like Tate.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #2817
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
There's only like 13 games in the season, you have to win now...

BTW Dean, just seen your trade, good offer, might counter it a little bit tho, but I'm not sure if I can do it with Nicks being on a bye. That sounds really dumb maybe but I need every win and guy without a bye left right now.
chatzy? im on
Old 11-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #2818
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Sent new offer UJF. With note... this might be a gift lol

also in chatzy if you want to discuss
Old 11-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #2819
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Sent new offer UJF. With note... this might be a gift lol

also in chatzy if you want to discuss

Watching Utah basketball & football right now, won't be on tonight lol
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #2820
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Watching Utah basketball & football right now, won't be on tonight lol
aight, can you respond to the offers then by tonight? The newest one won't go through til Tuesday though since one of the players already played.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: