Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #2926
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

We need to have these arguments before each season. We are always lazy as hell during preseason and these issues always pop up during the year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #2927
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
when I snagged up the defenses before you had one...it's so simple minded a 10 year old could do it right? well then how come you didn't grab one before I did?...Surely you saw that coming?
Pffft.

You think that had any impact on anything? Yeah, you really "got" me.

Quote:
Not sure if you aren't getting this for real or just playing dumb...

I'm not arguing to argue, YOU are the one that has an issue with the moves I made agaisnt you and illini, not me...this is a debate that you sparked
Erm, you are the one that came in here bragging about your new-found strategic advantages. My ensuing comment was in direct reference to that and it was simply reinforcing my past views about topics such as this.

Quote:
We can take a look at the rules again next year...All I am saying is that I am against having my roster restricted...you are making your case now, so I am I.
Except, you are also implying that I'm saying you did something illegal and also this ridiculous assertion that you got one past me earlier this year with the defense thing. I literally laughed when I saw you had done that the first time... Thought it was funny.

Those moves had zero impact on that game.

Quote:

for the record, I am against ANYTHING that Yahoo doesn't support...if we have to come into this thread in order to regulate something, I vote NAY.
Most of the people that I've talked to have expressed interest (as have I) in leaving Yahoo for a better service next year. Yahoo free leagues are the armpit of the FF world. I think this league has gone beyond what it offers and its gameday updates are also pathetic in comparison to its competitors.

I will be voting for a move to CBSSportsline.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #2928
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
RBA doesn't like that I picked up players for the sole purpose of keeping them away from my opponent and would like to bring back roster restrictions because of it, and me and SCY are arguing against...
Simplistic description. I was for restrictions long before you began employing this ridiculous strategy.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #2929
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
My point on FAAB is simply pointing out the huge problem with our waiver system. I'm guessing the reason Illini didn't make a waiver claim for a bye week QB is because he didn't want to "waste" his spot in the waiver order. This system penalizes you the same for each pickup, whether you're picking up the new hot RB or simply a bye week fill in at QB. So after waivers end, it's a free for all for those vultures who are awake at 4 AM to pick up the guys people wanted but didn't want to waste their spot in the order for. It's a joke of a system. Any self-respecting league needs to be using FAAB.
I've always expressed interest in switching to a FAAB format. The problem this year was that the measure was brought up way too late in the process. You basically brought it up after everyone had given their $100 entry fee. I think it may have even been after the draft.

I'm the one whose responsible for collecting the money for this league. I'm not going to tell someone who has already given their $100 based on one set of rules that we are making a switch to another. There was a time when that discussion was appropriate... It had passed by the time the idea began to pick up steam with a couple of posters.

There were several people who spoke up that they weren't comfortable switching to a WW format they had never used. Next year, we will have ample time to discuss this and, if we choose to use it, people will be aware before they commit to their entry fee.

I've never spoken out against the process and I think it may be a good system in the future. Like I said, one thing has nothing to do with the other.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #2930
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Hey, -pt-...

I just took a look. The week where you loaded up your bench with defenses against me, my starting defense scored 7.00 points are your starting defense scored 4.00.

Yeah, you really got me!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #2931
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
RBA doesn't like that I picked up players for the sole purpose of keeping them away from my opponent and would like to bring back roster restrictions because of it, and me and SCY are arguing against...
yeah while roster restrictions would prevent your smart strategy... its within the rules for now and is savvy IMO.

Honestly I like it without roster restrictions if PT wants to prevent his opponent from something he will have to fill his entire bench with worthless defenses, TEs, or whatever it is he's scooping up. It's risk-reward for PT, and strategy for him, not to mention strategy for everyone to make sure they have other options on their roster as often as possible.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #2932
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Pretty sure pt lost out on Broyles because of that stupid grabbing all the defenses strategy so it evens out
Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #2933
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Hey, -pt-...

I just took a look. The week where you loaded up your bench with defenses against me, my starting defense scored 7.00 points are your starting defense scored 4.00.

Yeah, you really got me!
first off I'm not claiming "I got you"

second, I just looked and I hid the KC and Miami Ds from you, Miami vs. NYJ went on to score 22 points that week...maybe you would have taken them instead, maybe not...my guess is that you would ahve taken them instead of RG3 vs. Pitt, but maybe not...either way, I made your choices smaller by taking the 2 highest ranked Ds that week away from your options

third, why are you fussing about it?...if it didn't effect you, why are you making such a bug deal over it?...obviously we don't need roster restrictions, it wouldn't have saved you right?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 PM   #2934
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Pretty sure pt lost out on Broyles because of that stupid grabbing all the defenses strategy so it evens out
I have Broyles right now, but yes if someone is going to do what I did they are taking a risk on losing someone else...all the more reason no one should have an issue with this.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #2935
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
In other words, we need to re-institute roster restrictions.

You tried to do the same thing to me earlier in the season with Defenses.
Quote:
I want roster restrictions because it makes the waiver wire much more interesting and also makes for more of a challenging game. It would be especially simple considering practically everyone has agreed that this league has gone beyond the meager settings available in a free Yahoo league and we will likely be moving to CBSSportsline next year.

It also prevents people from doing what you're describing.
^^^ see, this is you having an issue with it RBA after I showed how I hid Schaub who scored 40 from Illini and saved my win

just pointing that out because it seems like you are now saying it is me who started the arguing "just to argue" and I never "got you" you anyway so who cares...if you don't feel like it did anything to our match up then why bring it up at all?
Old 11-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #2936
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
yeah while roster restrictions would prevent your smart strategy... its within the rules for now and is savvy IMO.

Honestly I like it without roster restrictions if PT wants to prevent his opponent from something he will have to fill his entire bench with worthless defenses, TEs, or whatever it is he's scooping up. It's risk-reward for PT, and strategy for him, not to mention strategy for everyone to make sure they have other options on their roster as often as possible.
exactly...it should be common sense that if you are going to wait until the last minute to grab something you will likely have less options...the strategy I used on RBA and Illini should help force people to be active, and keep decent backups for all postions.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #2937
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
I have Broyles right now, but yes if someone is going to do what I did they are taking a risk on losing someone else...all the more reason no one should have an issue with this.

I thought Utah picked him up that week when you tried to screw w/ RBA but i could be wrong
Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 AM   #2938
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I thought Utah picked him up that week when you tried to screw w/ RBA but i could be wrong
Yeah, then he dropped him and I snagged him back...so I did lose him for a week.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #2939
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
first off I'm not claiming "I got you"
Yeah, you sort of did...

Quote:
I guess you are less shrewd than a 10 year old then, because you didn't see it coming?

Me "not seeing it coming" implies some sort of gained advantage from this strategy.

Quote:
second, I just looked and I hid the KC and Miami Ds from you, Miami vs. NYJ went on to score 22 points that week...maybe you would have taken them instead, maybe not...my guess is that you would ahve taken them instead of RG3 vs. Pitt, but maybe not...either way, I made your choices smaller by taking the 2 highest ranked Ds that week away from your options
Certainly impossible to say what was going on in my mind as far as picking a defense several weeks ago, but I don't remember looking at your pickups and thinking, "damn, I really wanted Miami this week."

I remember looking at what you did and laughing... Then picking up the best available defense. I was confident it would have no major impact on the matchup since picking defenses can be sort of a crapshoot unless you have Chicago or San Fran... And, as expected, it had no impact on the contest.

Quote:
third, why are you fussing about it?...if it didn't effect you, why are you making such a bug deal over it?...obviously we don't need roster restrictions, it wouldn't have saved you right?

I don't feel like I'm fussing at all. I would have never broached the subject had you not entered the thread boasting about your amazing new strategy. I only used it to highlight a subject which I've pushed in the past for completely different reasons, and one that it doesn't seem like a majority of the league agrees with me on... And that's fine.

I said from the minute we made this league that it would be a democratic process. To date, there is only one person in one instance who has ever completely bucked the democratic system and threatened to leave the league if he didn't get his way... Ultimately, that person got his way, despite what the majority wanted.

I think we all know who that was. No need to worry about me. If this issue doesn't go my way in the offseason, I will gladly hand over my $100 (or hopefully an increased buy-in next year) to participate in the league regardless of the rules.

Quote:
exactly...it should be common sense that if you are going to wait until the last minute to grab something you will likely have less options...the strategy I used on RBA and Illini should help force people to be active, and keep decent backups for all postions.

The idea that you are going to "force" me to be active is frankly laughable. We've held this league for three years. This will be the first time you will have finished in front of me at season's end.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 11-24-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #2940
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I've always expressed interest in switching to a FAAB format. The problem this year was that the measure was brought up way too late in the process. You basically brought it up after everyone had given their $100 entry fee. I think it may have even been after the draft.

I'm the one whose responsible for collecting the money for this league. I'm not going to tell someone who has already given their $100 based on one set of rules that we are making a switch to another. There was a time when that discussion was appropriate... It had passed by the time the idea began to pick up steam with a couple of posters.

There were several people who spoke up that they weren't comfortable switching to a WW format they had never used. Next year, we will have ample time to discuss this and, if we choose to use it, people will be aware before they commit to their entry fee.

I've never spoken out against the process and I think it may be a good system in the future. Like I said, one thing has nothing to do with the other.

That's fair enough, though I'm not sure how you can vote on something before people have paid the entry fee. At that point, no one is actually in the league. Anyway I know I sound like a whiny douche at this point, but that's not my intent. Just hoping we implement it next year. And I brought it up because it would curtail PT's strategy, not because it was related to roster restrictions.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: