Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #3166
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
i hope next year we can do FAAB like every other legit league

What is that? Explain it. I know it was mentioned earlier in the league but I forgot.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:11 AM   #3167
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What is that? Explain it. I know it was mentioned earlier in the league but I forgot.
everyone gets $1000 (notice how I put the $ infront! - you taught me that LOL )

and from that 1K you bid on FA's you want all year.

So you see a guy you want like week 3, you bid $300 on that player, you get him. Now you have $700 left for the rest of the year. More strategy involved, takes more skill, and easy to understand. I never did it before this year until they put it in the money auction league it was easy to get the hang of. Rolling waivers takes no skill lol.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #3168
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
everyone gets $1000 (notice how I put the $ infront! - you taught me that LOL )

and from that 1K you bid on FA's you want all year.

So you see a guy you want like week 3, you bid $300 on that player, you get him. Now you have $700 left for the rest of the year. More strategy involved, takes more skill, and easy to understand. I never did it before this year until they put it in the money auction league it was easy to get the hang of. Rolling waivers takes no skill lol.

Gotcha, that is a much better way to go about FA. Is there a deadline for bids? Or you can bid up until the time of the game? Next year I'll be more active. Actually we should get some set rules before we do this again next year. From free agents, to trading etc etc. That way week 2 we arent trying to make up rules as we go along. That could be a bit unfair especially if people are just following whatever set rules are given yanno.

Its months away but we should have something set by the summertime I think. No last minute lets try to hash out stuff crap.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #3169
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Gotcha, that is a much better way to go about FA. Is there a deadline for bids? Or you can bid up until the time of the game? Next year I'll be more active. Actually we should get some set rules before we do this again next year. From free agents, to trading etc etc. That way week 2 we arent trying to make up rules as we go along. That could be a bit unfair especially if people are just following whatever set rules are given yanno.

Its months away but we should have something set by the summertime I think. No last minute lets try to hash out stuff crap.
yeah I definitely agree. Deadline for bids basically its the same deal once a player's team kicks off that player goes on waivers for bidding and all players clear waivers (if no bid was placed on that player) midnight pacific on every tuesday just like rolling waivers. Then yahoo processes whatever bids were placed by managers in the early hours of tuesday. I do agree rules need to be more clear, there were a few loophole rules we fixed this year like when waivers start for each player (we went to when that player's team kicks off). It used to be everyone went on waivers once the first game kicked (thursday every week) and that irritated people. So I think we should go with what we ended in that regard. I also think we should go the FAAB route for waivers. Trade review the yahoo league votes was decided upon basically mid year again, that is fine with the exception of trades that happen on wednesday should be pushed unless they are suspect due to thursday night football.

Roster restrictions was something that we did last year, I personally hated it... and we ditched it this year preseason... im probably forgetting some other stuff
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #3170
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Anyone interested in a playoff fantasy league? Just need about 6, $20 entry?

Quote:
A) Most post-season fantasy football leagues are "contest-style" lineups, where you don't maintain a roster, but instead, can start any player once, and only once, throughout the NFL playoffs. The winner of the league is simply the franchise with the most total points after the Super Bowl. So, there's strategy in who you start when. If you think the Patriots will lose in the first week of the playoffs, you could start Brady in the first playoff week. But, if you think they'll make it all of the way to the Super Bowl, you could hold off, and not start him until later in the post-season.

B) One common format is to select or "draft" your roster before the start of the NFL playoffs, and keep the same players throughout. If/when an NFL team is eliminated, any players you have on that team will no longer score points for your fantasy team. So it pays to try to select the players that will play in the most games. Do you take a chance with players on the NFL wildcard teams because they have an extra game, or stick with the Superbowl favorites because they should be playing until the end?

I think B is more interesting, but A would be easier to do (no draft).

Last edited by SCY : 12-20-2012 at 10:10 PM.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #3171
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Anyone interested in a playoff fantasy league? Just need about 6, $20 entry?

I think B is more interesting, but A would be easier to do (no draft).
I would be interested in A. Sounds like a lot of strategy involved.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #3172
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I would be interested in A. Sounds like a lot of strategy involved.

Let's go with that then. No need to all get together for a draft, and more than 6 could potentially join.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #3173
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah that sounds pretty cool. I think both options are equally awesome. A) Seems like more strategy but with B) who you have advancing\getting knocked off determines alot.

I'd probably be down for that.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #3174
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm down for playoff fantasy football
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #3175
SCY
Put yr guns up

PT benched Shonn Greene the GOAT
Old 12-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #3176
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm in for a playoff league if we put one together.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #3177
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

F*cking Dez Bryant
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #3178
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Of all the games to bench Greene....fck

He was sharing with McKnight and that other back and struggled to get 7 points last game.

God damn
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #3179
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
PT benched Shonn Greene the GOAT

Damn... I guess he wasn't happy with last weeks performance.

2TDs already.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #3180
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Of all the games to bench Greene....fck

He was sharing with McKnight and that other back and struggled to get 7 points last game.

God damn

You should be alright without him... Dez is kicking ass.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: