Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-27-2012, 04:23 AM   #3211
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
What is the payout system this year? I can't find it.

I asked a few pages back and got

1st - 700
2nd - 300
3rd - 100
points leader - 100

Probably should double check tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:46 AM   #3212
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I asked a few pages back and got

1st - 700
2nd - 300
3rd - 100
points leader - 100

Probably should double check tho.
yep this is it
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #3213
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok... I will do it tonight when I get home.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #3214
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, guys... Money has been allocated.

1st: -spillertime- $700
2nd: Natalie Portman's $300
3rd + points leader: My Favorite Marshawn $200

Thanks for playing, guys, and congrats to the winners (and check your emails for info).
Old 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #3215
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok, guys... Money has been allocated.

1st: -spillertime- $700
2nd: Natalie Portman's $300
3rd + points leader: My Favorite Marshawn $200

Thanks for playing, guys, and congrats to the winners (and check your emails for info).
thank you RBA
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #3216
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
thank you RBA
No problem.

You're going to be impossible to live with for the next 365 days. ;-)
Old 12-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #3217
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah thanks RBA. Not going to lie, collecting that 300 was a little tough. Was not confident until the last week, I was already thinking up ways to spend that 700
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #3218
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Yeah thanks RBA. Not going to lie, collecting that 300 was a little tough. Was not confident until the last week, I was already thinking up ways to spend that 700
I know, right? I made it to the championship in my other league. The guy who I was playing for the big prize -- a good friend of mine -- called me before the first game of the week and proposed us combining the runner-up prize ($450) and the championship prize ($1,150) and just splitting it instead of going through the stress of losing $700.

I know it was sort of a cop-out move, but I agreed to the deal. I figured, not a huge difference between $1100 and $800. There is a huge difference between $1100 and $450.

Luckily, I ended up losing 140-130, so it was the right decision... And I'm $800 richer!

Anyway, I will admit I thought you were going to win. Then again, I thought SCY had the best overall team and he took third. You just never know when you get into the playoffs. It takes actual skill to get to week 14. Once you're there, you need some luck.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #3219
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
I know, right? I made it to the championship in my other league. The guy who I was playing for the big prize -- a good friend of mine -- called me before the first game of the week and proposed us combining the runner-up prize ($450) and the championship prize ($1,150) and just splitting it instead of going through the stress of losing $700.

I know it was sort of a cop-out move, but I agreed to the deal. I figured, not a huge difference between $1100 and $800. There is a huge difference between $1100 and $450.

Luckily, I ended up losing 140-130, so it was the right decision... And I'm $800 richer!

Anyway, I will admit I thought you were going to win. Then again, I thought SCY had the best overall team and he took third. You just never know when you get into the playoffs. It takes actual skill to get to week 14. Once you're there, you need some luck.

Seems like everybody does a whole bunch of leagues. No doubt I probably had an upperhand because ISH was the only one I was in. Only one team to focus on all week. A $1000 bucks for winning a fantasy football league is pretty intense.

I figured SCY was going to win too, pushed for Greene to get that 7 points so I could play PT. Was negative all year thinking I was going to crash an burn or make a mistake but whatever reason come the final week I was convinced that skrilla was mine
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #3220
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I didn't think I would win either, but my team got HOT at the right time

Fred Jackson got injured (again) so Spiller was a legit RB1

Steven Jackson has been just nasty at the end of the year, no one is even noticing that either, he is actually underrated now...he has been constantly around 15 points per game the last 5 weeks

Vincent Jackson has been a legit WR1

Brees is always good for like 30 points lol

and then I had Dez who I think has been the highest scorer in fantasy PERIOD the last 6 weeks...even more than Peterson...it will be really interesting to see where Dez gets drafted next year, probably high 2nd round.

also I got lucky enough to face Natalie when the Steelers where playing the Bengals, which limited AJ Green and Gresham...and Peterson vs. Houston, which limited him to around 85 yards only.

and he still put up 150+ points even with that...Natalie's team was just sickness
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #3221
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
I can't believe after all of my belly aching and all of the talk about his wretched performances all year, Chris Johnson currently has almost 1,200 yards and five touchdowns, while averaging 4.7 yards per carry.

Bastard sucked just long enough to ruin my season.
and even with that late production, I still don't think I would want anything to do with him fantasy wise next year. He is just so hit or miss, for a first round pick I need consistency...maybe if he is a 4th rounder next year I consider.

should be noted that the 3 players that took a QB in the first round in this league all made the playoffs

I've argued the "wait on QB" line of thinking being bad for at leat 3 years now in here and I am still a firm believer it is a bad tactic...it's a passing league and an elite QB is just too important these days
Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #3222
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Seems like everybody does a whole bunch of leagues. No doubt I probably had an upperhand because ISH was the only one I was in. Only one team to focus on all week. A $1000 bucks for winning a fantasy football league is pretty intense.

I figured SCY was going to win too, pushed for Greene to get that 7 points so I could play PT. Was negative all year thinking I was going to crash an burn or make a mistake but whatever reason come the final week I was convinced that skrilla was mine
I actually think, if you limit it to just 2-3 leagues, it can actually help in certain instances. Sure, there is more work on a weekly basis, but you are also getting to see what other skilled owners do with their teams. For instance, I'm always much better at drafting by the 2nd and/or 3rd FF draft than I am in the 1st, because I can combine my own knowledge with ideas from some others which I liked.

Same with things like the waiver wire during the season. Maybe you don't get that great sleeper off the waiver in one league, but -- with multiple leagues -- you have more opportunities... Depending upon how clued in those other leagues are.

All of that obviously goes out the window when you overdo it... Like last year... I was in something like six leagues. It just got to be way too much. Now, I limit it to a maximum of three and prefer two.

Quote:
I didn't think I would win either, but my team got HOT at the right time

Fred Jackson got injured (again) so Spiller was a legit RB1

Funny... In the league I made it into the championship game, I also had Spiller. And, yes, FJax going down for the season happened just at the right time. That was a major reason why I am now $800 richer.

Quote:
Steven Jackson has been just nasty at the end of the year, no one is even noticing that either, he is actually underrated now...he has been constantly around 15 points per game the last 5 weeks

Vincent Jackson has been a legit WR1

Brees is always good for like 30 points lol

and then I had Dez who I think has been the highest scorer in fantasy PERIOD the last 6 weeks...even more than Peterson...it will be really interesting to see where Dez gets drafted next year, probably high 2nd round.

You had a nasty team, no doubt. It was consistently good all season long. I actually do think the four best teams ended up finishing in the 1-4 spots this season in this league, which is sort of rare.

As for Dez, he is obviously a physical specimen. I still probably wouldn't draft him that high simply because I'm not ready to trust him to carry my receivers for an entire season... Not because he doesn't have the tools to do so, but just because he has been inconsistent in the past and there is always the risk he will do something stupid and get in the doghouse or suspended.

Plus, there are so many ridiculous receivers in the NFL right now. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, VJax... Even guys like Roddy White and Reggie Wayne who were perceived as slipping had huge years. And then you have the young up-and-comers like my man Josh Gordon, who will be HUGE next year (mark my words).

Not to say Dez won't be a high pick... I'd guess more like mid-third, though. He'll go somewhere between Demaryius Thomas and Reggie Wayne, I think.

Quote:
and even with that late production, I still don't think I would want anything to do with him fantasy wise next year. He is just so hit or miss, for a first round pick I need consistency...maybe if he is a 4th rounder next year I consider.

should be noted that the 3 players that took a QB in the first round in this league all made the playoffs

I've argued the "wait on QB" line of thinking being bad for at leat 3 years now in here and I am still a firm believer it is a bad tactic...it's a passing league and an elite QB is just too important these days

CJ won't slip to the 4th round next year, only because the RB position is so thin. He really wasn't all that inconsistent in the second half of the season. It just took him too long to get going, which killed a lot of his owners (myself included).

I'd guess between the 2nd and 3rd rounds next year. Probably late-2nd. I'm going to speculate that I probably won't be the one to pull the trigger, though.

As the great George W. Bush once said, "fool me once, shame on... you... Fool me... You can't get fooled again."
Old 12-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #3223
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That's kinda lame to split the prize money like that in the title game.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #3224
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-pt- should send that 700 to Ryan Mallet and Shiancoe for giving him the first round playoff win against me. I think it was destiny that pt was going to win the league after the way he beat me and SCY in the playoffs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #3225
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
That's kinda lame to split the prize money like that in the title game.
Not lame for me. I have $400 more than I would have had otherwise. And, this kind of bartering actually happens more than you would think, especially when you are in a league with close friends.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: