Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #3301
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
RBA had mentioned changing from yahoo because he is so big on roster restrictions...I personally don't care about roster restrictions, want to draft 5 QBs?, go for it, it's your $100

I like yahoo for a few reasons, one being the phone app, another being that all my history is on yahoo...but if you guys want to switch for roster restrictions then okay, not that big of deal I guess.
This group doesn't seem high on roster restrictions, which is fine. We've been down that road. I do think we should go away from Yahoo simply because it sucks.

The updates are slow, options are severely limited, layout is lame...

This is a legit league now. I think everyone throwing in a few extra bucks for CBSSportsline, which makes for a much more enjoyable 16 weeks, imo, makes sense at this point.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:40 AM   #3302
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
This group doesn't seem high on roster restrictions, which is fine. We've been down that road. I do think we should go away from Yahoo simply because it sucks.

The updates are slow, options are severely limited, layout is lame...

This is a legit league now. I think everyone throwing in a few extra bucks for CBSSportsline, which makes for a much more enjoyable 16 weeks, imo, makes sense at this point.
Are there any other options besides CBS?

And yeah I don't like putting roster restrictions at all either, we voted on that last year as well.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #3303
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

U guys aren't raising the $100 fee are u?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #3304
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Are there any other options besides CBS?

And yeah I don't like putting roster restrictions at all either, we voted on that last year as well.
I'm open to any suggestions. I prefer CBS, personally, but I'm definitely willing to try something new. NFL.com is offering a fantasy service this year I think. That might be good... ?

All I know is Yahoo is lame. We have a nice group of players now... It's like playing in an exclusive basketball league on a court with busted rims and no nets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
U guys aren't raising the $100 fee are u?

The fee isn't going to be raised, as far as I know, to sweeten the pot. If we decide on a superior fantasy service, people might want to throw in a few extra bucks, but it doesn't cost much.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #3305
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I personally think Yahoo is just fine but I am in 2 leagues from this site:

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

it is the best FF site I have ever seen, it is completely customizable from top to bottom, we can even bring in our own images if we want to make an ISH themed league...

here are some examples of leagues made on that site:

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/48818

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/19405

here are the leagues I am in:

http://www30.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/33432#0
^^^ this is a Lord of the Rings themed league...yeah I work in the game industry, so that explains that.

http://www14.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/54403#0
^^^ this league is awesome, it is 32 team league actually and each team is represented by the actual NFL teams...there are 2 of every player so that the pool is still good. That shows you how much you can customize this thing.

Defenders are there (IDPs), everything...and they have a huge array of layouts to choose from...

the only thing is, making a custom league on this scale takes serious work...I am an artist and could probably create some great shit for us, but I just don't think I can put in the time for that...:/

maybe we could just use one of their base layouts at first though and then I can add custom stuff little bit of at a time when I can...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #3306
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wooooooow that is totally cool stuff.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #3307
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Ya I'm in a league on MFL and it's pretty great. And as nifty as those leagues look, it's not like the base layout is going to be distractingly ugly or anything. What I like most is our waivers run Wednesday and Saturday night, and are always locked, there's never any free for all period. I think any league where you can instantly grab a player just b/c you happened to be online when a big news story (injury, suspension) hits, is kind of hard to take seriously. There's no skill in that. And the extra Sat night period gives you ample time to make any extra additions you need for Sunday. It's not as convenient as just grabbing whoever you want at the last minute before the games, but there's gotta be some tradeoff for fairness.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #3308
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I personally think Yahoo is just fine but I am in 2 leagues from this site:

http://www.myfantasyleague.com/

it is the best FF site I have ever seen, it is completely customizable from top to bottom, we can even bring in our own images if we want to make an ISH themed league...

here are some examples of leagues made on that site:

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/48818

http://football99.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/19405

here are the leagues I am in:

http://www30.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/33432#0
^^^ this is a Lord of the Rings themed league...yeah I work in the game industry, so that explains that.

http://www14.myfantasyleague.com/2013/home/54403#0
^^^ this league is awesome, it is 32 team league actually and each team is represented by the actual NFL teams...there are 2 of every player so that the pool is still good. That shows you how much you can customize this thing.

Defenders are there (IDPs), everything...and they have a huge array of layouts to choose from...

the only thing is, making a custom league on this scale takes serious work...I am an artist and could probably create some great shit for us, but I just don't think I can put in the time for that...:/

maybe we could just use one of their base layouts at first though and then I can add custom stuff little bit of at a time when I can...
I've been in leagues on MFL before. It can be very cool as you noted, but it does take work and the league I was in wasn't willing to put in the time it would have taken to make it really cool. That's really the main thing with that league... If you have someone with enough resources/time to build an epic site, it can be great... If you are just using the default layout, I think there are better sites (CBS for example, imo).

It's up to you guys. I'm in favor of stepping up to a pay service, whatever it is. If you want to do MFL and slowly build it up to our customizations over a period of years, I'm cool with that and I'd help where I could.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #3309
GP_20
Glove

GP_20 has an OK reputation so far

I'm IN to WIN
GP_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:03 AM   #3310
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_20
I'm IN to WIN
I'd welcome Glove with open arms, is he in this league now?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #3311
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I'd welcome Glove with open arms, is he in this league now?
Not as far as I know.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #3312
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think we need to do a roll call to see how many new members we need. We def need one for Marlo but I thought SP was taking his spot.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #3313
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Everyone's said yes so far except marlo obv, and illini and dooms haven't checked in yet.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #3314
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I thought illini might have said something last year about not playing again but that might just be because him and marlo hated each other. I'm sure Dooms is good to go but just hasnt popped in.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #3315
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Wow that is some awesome stuff. Especially that 32 team league. Would you say its worth the extra money?
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: