Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #571
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I do think we need to get in the habit of use the Yahoo veto system correctly this year.

Trades should be left up for a few days IMO...everyone needs a chance to see what's going on and have a chance to veto if they want.

Last year we failed at that
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #572
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Dude - EVERYONE understands your stance. You think it's a fair deal. We get it.

Everyone else thats chimed in (me, Gobb, Skywalker, Silent Killer) besides PT have agreed its highly in your favor.

We owe it to allow the other guys to look at the deal, its been agreed upon for like 2 hours. The other members havent even had a chance to see it and someone of us (most) think its ridiculous lopsided.

It will go through I'm sure and you'll have taken gross advantage of yet another member.
See above, the trade will be left pending until everyone sees it

I think it's pretty fair not completely fair there is no trade that 100% lateral.

However something I do feel is if this trade 4th rounder for 5th/8th/10th which was mutually agreed upon is vetoed it will set a bad precedent for the league in regards to trades. I doubt many would go through if this was the case.

baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #573
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I do think we need to get in the habit of use the Yahoo veto system correctly this year.

Trades should be left up for a few days IMO...everyone needs a chance to see what's going on and have a chance to veto if they want.

Last year we failed at that
I agree, I think each trade stays up until every members has chimed in or it has been over a day or two
Old 08-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #574
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was trolling b4l I didn't know it was that serious. To me its a win trade but not vetoable.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #575
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

it maybe shouldnt be vetoed but it's sad that the deal in question is taking place in the preseason.

i think it speaks volumes on the league.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #576
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
it maybe shouldnt be vetoed but it's sad that the deal in question is taking place in the preseason.

i think it speaks volumes on the league.

yeah in the ideal league you would have GMs who wouldn't do trades like that preseason, I'll be in this sh!t next yearrr FOSHO
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #577
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
yeah in the ideal league you would have GMs who wouldn't do trades like that preseason, I'll be in this sh!t next yearrr FOSHO
I can vouch for sky
Old 08-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #578
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I agree, I think each trade stays up until every members has chimed in or it has been over a day or two
3 days...36 hours

If youre going to trade better do it early in the week if you want it for Sunday.

Let's start this habit now, with this trade.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #579
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
3 days...36 hours

If youre going to trade better do it early in the week if you want it for Sunday.

Let's start this habit now, with this trade.
3 days is a bit long... 36 hours or 1.5 days sounds good. But maybe 2 days aka 48 hours would be best, I'm sure everyone will see a trade if thats the case.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #580
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
3 days is a bit long... 36 hours or 1.5 days sounds good. But maybe 2 days aka 48 hours would be best, I'm sure everyone will see a trade if thats the case.
I didn't mean 36 hours...not sure where that came from.

2 days is good I guess, we need to start now though.

And 6 vetos is a deal breaker.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #581
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I didn't mean 36 hours...not sure where that came from.

2 days is good I guess, we need to start now though.

And 6 vetos is a deal breaker.
yeah I agree I think 6 veto's makes sense. The guys involved in the trade don't get to vote. 2 days seems legit.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #582
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Ha, Doomsday is now happy he didn't reach for CJ2K at 4.

We saw CJ2YPC lol...13 touches and NOTHING.

I bet half his games will be complete duds this year...other half perhaps amazing

I predict 1,200 yards, 6 TDs...he isn't a goaline guy.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 AM   #583
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

CJ looked great in the previous game IDK what happened.... on another note I've heard back from Jail and SCY. So I think RBA and Dooms the last two that need to see the trade, probably will tomorrow
Old 08-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #584
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Awful trade for Utah. Hate it. Despise it.

Nicks is about as consistent when he is playing as any WR in the league. Clearly, BB4L saw him drop in the draft and thought he might be able to snag him for a borderline flex guy and backups. Smart move by him, but it doesn't make me dislike it any less.

Nicks was an absolute steal where he went in our draft. With this deal, it would make his acquisition an even bigger steal.

I don't like vetoing trades, but I would urge Utah to rethink this.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Will check back in tomorrow morning.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #585
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Awful trade for Utah. Hate it. Despise it.

Nicks is about as consistent when he is playing as any WR in the league. Clearly, BB4L saw him drop in the draft and thought he might be able to snag him for a borderline flex guy and backups. Smart move by him, but it doesn't make me dislike it any less.

Nicks was an absolute steal where he went in our draft. With this deal, it would make his acquisition an even bigger steal.

I don't like vetoing trades, but I would urge Utah to rethink this.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Will check back in tomorrow morning.
we've beaten this trade to pieces today so I won't comment much about it. I will say we both agreed to the trade without collusion and it made sense for him as he said because Ingram can play for Mathews while he's out and is better than anything on the FA wire plus Amendola can play while Britt is out since he's better than anything from FA wire and even if Britt was healthy Amendola is better than DHB at flex. Keeping these things in mind I think it would be terrible for the league to veto such a trade, it would be hard to see future trades occuring because as we saw last year RBA, and as you posted many times tons of trades happen and people feel both sides of it.

Who knows how this trade will turn out I remember RBA bashing SP for the trade he made with me but he ended up winning it all due to that trade. As well people bashed PT preseason for biting on Steve Smith of CAR and McGahee but those two were key players for him.

Everyone should just know the trade was mutually agreed upon in fairness and Marlo was present in chatzy. Its just a normal negotiation.

As well, there is no lateral trade in FF, which is why it doesn't make sense to be sucked into the value aspect of a trade more so the agreement and honesty of it (thats what matters most imo).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: