Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-24-2012, 02:11 AM   #586
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I HATE THIS TRADE.

I repeat, I HATE THIS TRADE.

That being said I witnessed this deal go down, there was no collusion and Dean even suggested that Jazz counter but he didn't counter he just outright accepted, almost instantaneously, LOL.

Jazz needs to learn to learn from this experience. He needs to be more patient and take more time. He can not make split second decisions as it effects the competitive balance in the league. This is truly a TERRIBLE trade but it was really just a shrewd move on Dean's part an an awful decision on Jazzs behalf. I hate to hang him out to dry and he's a good guy but the reason RBA, myself are so put off by the deal because we expect every participating member to have a good enough grasp of value to not make this deal.

The rich get richer. But I will not veto.

I would like to set a precedent for the future how trades will be handled. I think that needs to be determined now so things like this don't happen again. This move creates an even bigger gap in the balance of power and eliminates any hope of parody.

Last edited by Playmakers Dad : 08-24-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #587
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

On an unrelated note,

I'd like to open the voting regarding the WW.

I'm a huge advocate of FAAB system, which is far superior and tactful and will expand on that later.

I know some other guys are greatly in favor of that as well so hopefully we can accomplish that quickly.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #588
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
On an unrelated note,

I'd like to open the voting regarding the WW.

I'm a huge advocate of FAAB system, which is far superior and tactful and will expand on that later.

I know some other guys are greatly in favor of that as well so hopefully we can accomplish that quickly.

I agree, FAAB adds a level of fun and skill to free agent pickups that isn't there with arbitrary rolling waivers.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 AM   #589
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I agree, FAAB adds a level of fun and skill to free agent pickups that isn't there with arbitrary rolling waivers.
agreed all day.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #590
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have only used waiver wire, so I wouldn't be comfortable switching it up with $100 invested.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #591
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Awful trade for Utah. Hate it. Despise it.

The trade doesn't seem that bad only because I really think Ingram has the potential to be a starting RB in this league.

RBA... you took Sproles in the 3rd round.... not a good decision if you ask me... Ingram is definitely gonna be used more this year.

If Sproles puts up the same stats that he did last year I'll be shocked.
1,300 yards and 10TDs.... not happening two years in a row.

Besides... The Saints aren't gonna let their 1st round pick go to waist.

However... Nicks could easily have a monster year... How the hell did Jordy Nelson get picked before this guy?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #592
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
I have only used waiver wire, so I wouldn't be comfortable switching it up with $100 invested.
This

I'm not familiar with FAAB...its too late now we are in.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #593
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
This

I'm not familiar with FAAB...its too late now we are in.
Don't fear the reaper..

FAAB is quite simple.

Say you're allotted 1000 dollars as a budget. You then silently bid for any players you may be interested in acquiring.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #594
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
The trade doesn't seem that bad only because I really think Ingram has the potential to be a starting RB in this league.

RBA... you took Sproles in the 3rd round.... not a good decision if you ask me... Ingram is definitely gonna be used more this year.

If Sproles puts up the same stats that he did last year I'll be shocked.
1,300 yards and 10TDs.... not happening two years in a row.

Besides... The Saints aren't gonna let their 1st round pick go to waist.

However... Nicks could easily have a monster year... How the hell did Jordy Nelson get picked before this guy?

What the hell does my taking Sproles have to do with this being an awful trade? If you want to get into draft strategies, I would be happy to but one thing has nothing to do with the other. This was a historically weak draft for RBs. If you don't take two RBs within your fist 3 picks this year, you are going to end up completely f#cked on your RB2.

Of course there were guys on the board in Round 3 that are better players and will be better fantasy options than Sproles and that includes Nicks. However, I had to stick to my guns and fill my RBs before I messed with the deepest position in the draft (wr).

And, I had both Ingram and Nicks in this very league last year. Nicks is a proven commodity. If he is healthy, he is putting up numbers. Period. Ingram looked like a pretty average player last year and hasn't proven jack sh!t. Further, the Saints aren't going to become a feature back friendly offense any time soon and I will always feel more comfortable about having a great pass catching back in that offense as opposed to a grind it out workhorse.

If the idea of this trade is that Utah is banking on Ingram becoming a consistent week in and week out starting option, I like it even less than I did initially. Ingram is at best a borderline flex option.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #595
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I also agree that I don't want to have to learn a new waiver format on the fly in a money league. I like to work my way into a drastically different system slowly, not with $700 on the line. I don't doubt the FAAB criteria is better and more skill is involved, but I'm not comfortable with it yet in this league.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #596
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I also agree that I don't want to have to learn a new waiver format on the fly in a money league. I like to work my way into a drastically different system slowly, not with $700 on the line. I don't doubt the FAAB criteria is better and more skill is involved, but I'm not comfortable with it yet in this league.

Fair enough, though FAAB is actually much simpler, and fairer than the rolling waivers. Highest bid wins each player, it's not rocket science. I'm not an expert on using FAAB, but I'd rather miss out on a player b/c I didn't bid enough rather than to w/e lucky turd had by sheer random luck the #1 priority. You know what else I hate about waivers? Having my priority reset to 12 b/c I had to pick up two crappy bye week fill ins that would only cost a buck or 2 in FAAB, while someone else picks up a stud and still stays higher than me. It's an effing terrible system.

I'd have no problem relenting this year, but I hope not to see the same arguments next year when no one tries it out in another league.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #597
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, FAAB doesn't really take much to get used to. But we can just switch to it next year hopefully.

And for anyone interested in trading, I'm pretty flush at WR and willing to trade. Prob looking for a RB or TE in return.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #598
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Fair enough, though FAAB is actually much simpler, and fairer than the rolling waivers. Highest bid wins each player, it's not rocket science. I'm not an expert on using FAAB, but I'd rather miss out on a player b/c I didn't bid enough rather than to w/e lucky turd had by sheer random luck the #1 priority. You know what else I hate about waivers? Having my priority reset to 12 b/c I had to pick up two crappy bye week fill ins that would only cost a buck or 2 in FAAB, while someone else picks up a stud and still stays higher than me. It's an effing terrible system.

I'd have no problem relenting this year, but I hope not to see the same arguments next year when no one tries it out in another league.

This makes it seem like a better option. I don't really care either way tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #599
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So you get $1000 at the beginning of the season and it never gets reset?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #600
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What the hell does my taking Sproles have to do with this being an awful trade? If you want to get into draft strategies, I would be happy to but one thing has nothing to do with the other. This was a historically weak draft for RBs. If you don't take two RBs within your fist 3 picks this year, you are going to end up completely f#cked on your RB2.

Of course there were guys on the board in Round 3 that are better players and will be better fantasy options than Sproles and that includes Nicks. However, I had to stick to my guns and fill my RBs before I messed with the deepest position in the draft (wr).

And, I had both Ingram and Nicks in this very league last year. Nicks is a proven commodity. If he is healthy, he is putting up numbers. Period. Ingram looked like a pretty average player last year and hasn't proven jack sh!t. Further, the Saints aren't going to become a feature back friendly offense any time soon and I will always feel more comfortable about having a great pass catching back in that offense as opposed to a grind it out workhorse.

If the idea of this trade is that Utah is banking on Ingram becoming a consistent week in and week out starting option, I like it even less than I did initially. Ingram is at best a borderline flex option.

Let me ask you this... I took Richardson right before Sproles...

would you trade straight up?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: