Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #601
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Let me ask you this... I took Richardson right before Sproles...

would you trade straight up?
Yeah I share the views of Riddler, pretty low on Sproles this year. I believe the Saints traded a lot to get Ingram last year for a reason and if healthy I believe in his talent (he didn't play a healthy down last year). He was injured from camp til the end of the season and it showed. I don't think Ingram is some superstar but I think he can flirt with 1,000 total yards and 10 TDs more or less.

Anyway as for waivers I've never done FAAB but it seems very simple to me and more tactical, it takes skill unlike rolling waivers which is dumb luck. I would heavily be in favor of FAAB.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #602
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also, notice to everyone if or when this trade should go through Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks has to go I don't like having 2 WR on the same team... people can make offers for Cruz now actually since I already had him.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #603
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Also, notice to everyone if or when this trade should go through Victor Cruz or Hakeem Nicks has to go I don't like having 2 WR on the same team... people can make offers for Cruz now actually since I already had him.
maybe you can get A-Rod for him if you include Riley Cooper in the deal.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM   #604
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
maybe you can get A-Rod for him if you include Riley Cooper in the deal.

maybe I'll trade PT Cruz for Shonn Greene
Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #605
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just snagged Ogletree, who has looked amazing this preseason, and will be this year's Laurent Robinson

-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #606
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I just snagged Ogletree, who has looked amazing this preseason, and will be this year's Laurent Robinson

Got him in 2 other league miles witten and dez dealing with injuries good flier
Old 08-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #607
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Got him in 2 other league miles witten and dez dealing with injuries good flier
yep and I have Dez so it is some of insurance on him
Old 08-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #608
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dooms what do you want for Trent Richardson?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #609
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
Let me ask you this... I took Richardson right before Sproles...

would you trade straight up?

I would because Sproles is a dual threat in a system where teams wont stack the box and he is perfect for mismatches on LBs. His QB isnt a rookie its Drew Brees. That offense airs it out.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:23 PM   #610
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Richardson vs. Sproles is an interesting question...

I'll hang onto Sproles for two reasons.

1. As stated above, I really don't consider him a conventional RB and, even if there is massive improvement by Ingram, I don't think it will impact him much if at all. The guys that Ingram will take touches away from are Ivory and Pierre Thomas, not Sproles. There is plenty of room in that offense for both guys and the Saints aren't going to become a power running football team any time soon. Sproles will get his touches. I mean, I don't need him to replicate his 1,300+ total yard, nine touchdown, 86 reception season from a year ago in order for him to be a very reliable RB2 in a league with very few consistent fantasy RBs.

Btw, seven of Sproles' nine TDs were on receptions, so I'm not sure why we are all focused on who is going to be getting the bulk of the carries behind Brees. That was never Sproles' primary role or threat. The reason he is a valuable FF asset is because he racks up a lot of receptions and gets the majority of his points through the air. I'd bet on the majority of those 86 receptions and seven receiving TDs, he was not the primary RB in the backfield. Lots of H-backing/slot stuff. That won't change.

2. I just know that if I trade for TRich, this injury thing will end his season. I feel like he has a lot of upside if he plays the full year, because our line is actually pretty good (Thomas/Mack/Pinkston/Lavaou/Schwartz) and Weeden should at least bring a threat of a downfield passing attack that defenses have to respect (unlike McCoy where defenses just had to pack it in from 15 yards in). Richardson could have a fine year... But being a fan and wanting him to succeed so badly along with relying upon him to be a valuable piece of my FF core group... Just not a combination that I feel good about.

Sproles will be worth an RB2 slot when the season is over. I'm relatively confident. And that is all I ask. 70 catches, 1,000+ total yards, 7-9 touchdowns should do it.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-24-2012 at 06:27 PM.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #611
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Sproles is safer than Trent for sure in my mind. CLE offense is ugly regardless of the amount of touches they plan on giving Trent he may not score 6 touchdowns they are that bad atleast to me. Sproles should top 80 receptions because his role in the passing game won't change, so he should get around 600-650 yards receiving yards and 5 touchdowns there. Rushing I don't think he'll do more than 450-500 range with 1 score maybe to basically looking at 1,100-1,200 yards with 6-8 TDs and 80 receptions. Pretty good RB2 in 0.5 PPR to be honest and he's durable in a reliable offense can't say the same about Trent. That is interesting that RBA would turn down his own hometown RB though.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #612
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

rookie RBs are risky as hell in fantasy...think I wasted a high pick on Spiller his rookie year

and see RBA with Ingram last year

on the flip side, I took Peterson his rook year in every league and that worked great for me...but even he had a slow start, Chester Taylor was getting a lot of carries at first
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #613
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
rookie RBs are risky as hell in fantasy...think I wasted a high pick on Spiller his rookie year

and see RBA with Ingram last year

on the flip side, I took Peterson his rook year in every league and that worked great for me...but even he had a slow start, Chester Taylor was getting a lot of carries at first
Yeah Chester was the starter. I believe CJ2K's ceiling was capped by LenDale White his rookie year as well. McFadden is another who was a bench guy behind Fargas.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #614
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Yeah Chester was the starter. I believe CJ2K's ceiling was capped by LenDale White his rookie year as well. McFadden is another who was a bench guy behind Fargas.
McFadden was pretty much labeled another Al Davis bust after his rookie year...
Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #615
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

B4L, there is a way to set up a "veto trade button" in yahoo for trades

right now it just says

Quote:
Send a message to the commissioner to protest this trade.

that will not do....we need to have the button and see the votes

(I will not vote against your trade btw, we just need this in now)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: