Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #766
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
He broke his foot and missed the entire preseason because of it...he will likely be worked in slow

same reason Miles fell in drafts...people concerned about his injury and also Dez taking away targets and becoming the #1
He fractured a small bone in his foot in May and he didn't miss the entire preseason... He played against New England the other night.

I don't expect him to be worked in slowly at all. He will have his usual role as a primary offensive threat right from the jump. Furthermore, as I said, that is not the reason I didn't draft him and he is not falling in every draft. Marlo said above that in one of his most competitive drafts a few days ago he went in the 2nd round.

Maybe you didn't take him because of injury concerns or Cruz or whatever, but that isn't why I didn't take him and a lot of people are taking him early in drafts.

Miles Austin isn't as good as Nicks and his injury issues are much more severe. Totally different case.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #767
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

what? Miles Austin puts up much bigger numbers than Nicks when healthy...

1,300 YARDS PLAYING JUST 9 GAMES

and Nicks' ADP this year is much lower than his ADP last year...regardless of what Marlo's league did...people aren't as high on him as they were one year ago.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #768
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

^^^ That is Nicks ADP this year
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #769
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

^^^ That is Nicks ADP this year
Even if you go by that, which is absolutely not a scientific study by any means, it has him being a 3rd round pick in a 12-team league. He was generally a mid-to-late 2nd round pick last year. I don't consider that "much" lower.

And, where is Miles Austin... Can't find him anyw... Oh wait. There he is... 71st.

Nicks>>>Austin

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 08-31-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #770
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Miles tweaked out his hammy, and people are worried as they should be, just as they are with Nick's broken foot

from Yahoo this year

Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)
avg pick: 33.4
avg round taken: 4.1

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....mb=FB0pQEoVB7a

is that study good enough?
Old 08-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #771
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

but we should probably ignore all that and pretend that Nicks is 2nd round talent...because that's where he got taken in Marlo's league, and they are so fckin savvy and all...
Old 08-31-2012, 02:04 PM   #772
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
but we should probably ignore all that and pretend that Nicks is 2nd round talent...because that's where he got taken in Marlo's league, and they are so fckin savvy and all...
Well, that's closer to where he belongs than the middle of the 4th round. Watch and see.

Also, he has no business being traded for Steve Johnson and Mark Ingram... Which was sort of the point, here.

I'm not going to beat this trade up any longer. It is over and now we have to deal with it... But let's stop pretending Nicks is a 4th round FF talent. He isn't.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #773
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Well, that's closer to where he belongs than the middle of the 4th round. Watch and see.

Also, he has no business being traded for Steve Johnson and Mark Ingram... Which was sort of the point, here.

I'm not going to beat this trade up any longer. It is over and now we have to deal with it... But let's stop pretending Nicks is a 4th round FF talent. He isn't.
no he IS 4th round talent this year...that is his ADP...that is where he is being taken this year

whether or not he goes on to prove that right or wrong or score 100 TDs or 0 TDs is irrelevant...it's just a guess or gut feeling, and your gut feeling is much higher than the average FF player.

My gut feeling says Miles will have a bigger year than Nicks, that doesn't make it fact though
Old 08-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #774
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/adp.cfm?pos=top200

^^^ this list just updated today

MJD is now being taken pick 19
Old 08-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #775
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Again, hardly scientific. It is just taking results from its own mock drafts. I know I've never used that site in my life.

Furthermore, ADP means nothing to me, even if it were calculating results from yahoo/cbssportsline/espn.com.

I know what I know and Nicks fell way too far in our draft. End of discussion.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #776
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Okay well I declare that Miles is #1 overall talent...end of discussion, ADP means nothing

in my other league that is where he went, and they are savviest mfers ever
Old 08-31-2012, 02:51 PM   #777
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Okay well I declare that Miles is #1 overall talent...end of discussion, ADP means nothing

in my other league that is where he went, and they are savviest mfers ever

And yeah RBA I was surprised you didn't go Charles 2nd round. I wanted F-Jax 1st option Charles 2nd option in the 2nd round I thought I was lucky to get Charles.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #778
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life

And yeah RBA I was surprised you didn't go Charles 2nd round. I wanted F-Jax 1st option Charles 2nd option in the 2nd round I thought I was lucky to get Charles.
Meh. I might in a re-draft, but his injury issues still concern me. I'm a little more comfortable with Sproles... not as much upside, but also proven durable and consistent in PPR/.5PPR leagues.

Pretty happy with my team the closer the season gets. Jennings is looking like a pretty savvy late-round flier, Mendy isn't on the PUP list and looks like he may be back within the first four weeks and AB is flying up draft boards (as expected).

I can always go back and nit-pick my draft in retrospect, but you don't know how things are going to fall as it is happening.

Btw, the longer this MJD thing goes, the better my RB situation is looking. :)
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #779
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I see MJD having a full role week 2. Jennings startable week 1 for sure, Charles actually looks 110% this preseason back to his old self and more maybe just electrifying but he is a small dude so hopefully he doesn't get hurt again.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #780
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I see MJD having a full role week 2. Jennings startable week 1 for sure, Charles actually looks 110% this preseason back to his old self and more maybe just electrifying but he is a small dude so hopefully he doesn't get hurt again.
It's always a good situation when an 11th round draft pick gets the opportunity to start the beginning of the season at RB. You just never know what is going to happen. Jennings has been averaging something like 5 yards a carry in the preseason. What if he just goes nuts for 150 yards? Then the Jags have to start thinking about integrating him more even when MJD is back (if he is back).

It wouldn't be the first time a guy came out of nowhere and shoehorned himself into a starting RB controversy. This whole thing has gone perfectly for me.

Speaking of which... GOBB... Want Jennings? I think you need some insurance, my friend.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: