Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #76
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I wouldn't mind dividing all the money between first and second place.... and that's it.

$800 for first
$400 (+) for second place

F*ck Third Place...

This works for me.... anybody else like this payout?
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #77
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think third should get something, to make it that far they were probably a power house in the regular season and thus have a good body of work may have gotten unlucky.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and regular season champ should get paid. I think regular season champ > point total leader, so sure you can take the 100 away from the point leader and add 70 to winner 30 to 2nd?

765 for 1st, 271 for 2nd, 100 for 3rd, 100 for regular season champ.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #78
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No, third should at least get money back. I don't think we need two 100 dollar awards for regular season things

1st - 700
2nd - 400
3rd - 100

or take 100 out of 1st/2nd and give it to something in the regular season.

That would be my vote.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #79
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

I like last year's payout but take the weekly winner's money and add it to 1st/2nd
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I think third should get something, to make it that far they were probably a power house in the regular season and thus have a good body of work may have gotten unlucky.

1st, 2nd, 3rd and regular season champ should get paid. I think regular season champ > point total leader, so sure you can take the 100 away from the point leader and add 70 to winner 30 to 2nd?

765 for 1st, 271 for 2nd, 100 for 3rd, 100 for regular season champ.
I agree. Everyone loves giving all of the money to 1st and 2nd before the season has started, but if you have a really great season and come up a little short, it is really awful to get absolutely nothing for the time and work that you invested. I've been there several times.

Especially when we are talking about the difference between 2nd and 3rd, which really could come down to bracketing and the luck of being matched up against inferior teams while the two best are on the same side of the bracket.

Third place should at least get their money back. I'd be good with what you noted... Maybe a little less for 1st and a little more for 2nd.

Keep in mind that we only have $1,200, though. I don't know how we ended up with such an odd numbered pot last season.

I'd be good with...

1st - $700
2nd - $300
3rd - $100
regular season champ - $100

Makes sense to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #81
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This might be a really stupid question but how does the scoring work with this league? From what I gather there's alot of different ways to do it regarding TD's(receiving, rushing, passing) and receptions\yards. How will this league do it?
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #82
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's 6 points for rushing and receiving TD's and 4 points for passing. 10 yards a point for rushing/receiving and 25 yards a point for passing. .5 ppr.

All of that is pretty standard. PPR is league by league.

I don't know if the first league you do should be a $100 league. You might be in over your head.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #83
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
It's 6 points for rushing and receiving TD's and 4 points for passing. 10 yards a point for rushing/receiving and 25 yards a point for passing. .5 ppr.

All of that is pretty standard. PPR is league by league.

I don't know if the first league you do should be a $100 league. You might be in over your head.

Solid.

Yeah seems pretty in depth. I'm cool with it so far but understand completely if there's people that don't want me to participate. Don't want to screw the league up if I'm beyond brutal and f*ck with other people's chances.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #84
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

great breakdown by RBA, I definitely sign off on that, fair for all parties. 700 for first, 300 for 2nd, 100 for 3rd, and 100 for regular season champion.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 PM   #85
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Nuggets fan, do some practice drafts on yahoo (if they're open yet) so you can get a hang of drafting style. Think I was 3rd place in a 10 team league my first time, you'll be fine. Like 10% of fantasy is skill. The rest is luck with injuries and being active.

I remember I played in a league with GOBB and he drafted Brady right after he set QB record. Got hurt 1st game of season. Shit happens.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #86
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Nuggets fan, do some practice drafts on yahoo (if they're open yet) so you can get a hang of drafting style. Think I was 3rd place in a 10 team league my first time, you'll be fine. Like 10% of fantasy is skill. The rest is luck with injuries and being active.

I remember I played in a league with GOBB and he drafted Brady right after he set QB record. Got hurt 1st game of season. Shit happens.

Yeah I've been reading up and doing some mocks the one part where I got confused was with the scoring. Everything I read had a different way of doing it. Even saw this one where only TD's mattered and nothing more.

Been reading up on the ADP so I won't end up reaching or making a crazy pick that alters everybody else's team.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #87
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Solid.

Yeah seems pretty in depth. I'm cool with it so far but understand completely if there's people that don't want me to participate. Don't want to screw the league up if I'm beyond brutal and f*ck with other people's chances.
doubt you'll **** anyone else's season up unless you get trade raped like Primetime did to me last year. I gave him Steve Smith of Carolina, and Willis McGahee for Percy Harvin I believe.

I still don't know how PT got me to do that trade lol
Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 AM   #88
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Just spoke to Marlo again he said he's 100% in. He lost his account info for his other ISH ID, and is trying to get a new one approved. Once ISH approves that new username he'll be on here to post. He says Primetime also check your -email.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #89
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Just spoke to Marlo again he said he's 100% in. He lost his account info for his other ISH ID, and is trying to get a new one approved. Once ISH approves that new username he'll be on here to post. He says Primetime also check your -email.
He can have posterize246 if it's taking too long
Old 08-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #90
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hi! It's me Marlo.

Primetime lets straighten this out, sorry for all the delays.

Looking forward to the season.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: