Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #901
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
if i recall correctly the thursday players are locked through the weekend until waivers expire tues
yeah that's what I remember...of course this was a Wednesday night, but it should be treated as a Thursday night game.

*I vote Ogletree gets thrown back in
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #902
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Actually, IIRC it was open last year. I would have complained about it then, but Yahoo only offered two settings. You had to choose between having ALL players locked at the start of the Thursday game, or not lock any players. In that case FCFS waivers for Thursday games were the lesser of two evils, because not allowing any pick-ups Thursday night through Sunday morning would be ridiculous.

Now Yahoo offers an appropriate setting that will only lock the Thursday players, and there's no reason not to use it.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #903
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Actually, IIRC it was open last year. I would have complained about it then, but Yahoo only offered two settings. You had to choose between having ALL players locked at the start of the Thursday game, or not lock any players. In that case FCFS waivers for Thursday games were the lesser of two evils, because not allowing any pick-ups Thursday night through Sunday morning would be ridiculous.

Now Yahoo offers an appropriate setting that will only lock the Thursday players, and there's no reason not to use it.
if this is the case then I'm not sure how to handle this...

either side could be argued

1. - we want to follow this new setting, thus B4L should throw Ogletree back in to make it fair for everyone.

2. - We didn't have this new setting in place yet, thus it is only fair that B4L keeps Ogletree he was just playing by the rules.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #904
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm fine either way if he keeps or drops. Seems unfair but if he was just playing by last years rules then he should just be given leeway this once.

this wouldnt have happened with FAAB btw (at least i dont think so lol)

Last edited by Jailblazers7 : 09-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #905
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol no1 even brought up the potential rule change until now, obviously it wouldn't be right to throw back players when it was the rules of current and the rules of last year. it would be something else if the rules were voted to be changed and then someone forgot to input them into yahoo (wasn't the case). I vote to change it to lock guys on waivers who play on thursday moving forward, but i think it would be unfair to have to throw back a player that anyone could have added and even RBA posted about possibly adding. it was fair and square with the rules in place at the time.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #906
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
lol no1 even brought up the potential rule change until now, obviously it wouldn't be right to throw back players when it was the rules of current and the rules of last year. it would be something else if the rules were voted to be changed and then someone forgot to input them into yahoo (wasn't the case). I vote to change it to lock guys on waivers who play on thursday moving forward, but i think it would be unfair to have to throw back a player that anyone could have added and even RBA posted about possibly adding. it was fair and square with the rules in place at the time.
I didn't realize that this was how you guys did it last year, so I agree with this.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #907
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We let you have Nicks now we get something in return. Throw Ovaltine back. lol a christmas story reference

I always thought it was wack you could pick up players from waivers when a team that player is on is currently playing or done playing. I'm all in favor of locking that shyt up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #908
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
We let you have Nicks now we get something in return. Throw Ovaltine back. lol a christmas story reference

I always thought it was wack you could pick up players from waivers when a team that player is on is currently playing or done playing. I'm all in favor of locking that shyt up.
I agree players should be locked up, however it would be totally unfair to throw back players that were added with the current (and past) rules in place. Until the day after now someone wants to change the rules - after the fact of the matter, and then go and undo past moves that were made legitimately. Sorry but that is just brutally unfair
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #909
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

okay just so we are all clear, from here on out they ARE locked up before Thursday night games correct?
Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #910
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I'll go ahead and try to adjust the setting to that right now, if anyone is against this they can make it known and we all can discuss further
Old 09-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #911
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ogletree will seem like a scrub when Jon Baldwin goes for 200/2 on Sunday.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #912
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Ogletree will seem like a scrub when Jon Baldwin goes for 200/2 on Sunday.
Is he going to catch every one of Matt Cassels passes?
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #913
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Is he going to catch every one of Matt Cassels passes?

Actually he will be throwing the ball to himself just for extra fantasy points.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #914
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I agree players should be locked up, however it would be totally unfair to throw back players that were added with the current (and past) rules in place. Until the day after now someone wants to change the rules - after the fact of the matter, and then go and undo past moves that were made legitimately. Sorry but that is just brutally unfair

I'm just saying from now on if everyone agrees to the rule change. I've been in leagues, in one now where its free for all. Just never dug it but there wasnt a rule denying it. Also kind of wished we did a different waiver approach because I hate this waiting game crap where I'm 10th and you're 3rd and you get the player.

Edit: I'm not telling you to drop Ogletree. Not sure how others feel but you didnt do anything slimy that warrants you putting him back.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #915
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm just saying from now on if everyone agrees to the rule change. I've been in leagues, in one now where its free for all. Just never dug it but there wasnt a rule denying it. Also kind of wished we did a different waiver approach because I hate this waiting game crap where I'm 10th and you're 3rd and you get the player.
I'm pro FAAB also, rolling waiver is wack, we did a vote but I think keeping it rolling waivers won?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: