Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #916
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

I just changed the setting... waivers start at game time of said player, they stay on waivers until tuesday... this is correct right? Another setting was to start everyone's waiver clock at the first game even if they don't play on that wednesday. ex: player doesn't play until sunday but once that first game on a wednesday or thursday starts that player also goes on waivers.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #917
TheSilentKiller
7-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I'm pro FAAB also, rolling waiver is wack, we did a vote but I think keeping it rolling waivers won?
To be honest I don't know if the vote on that ever got finished . I remember that pt and I were both strongly for the waiver system just because neither of us had done FAAB before.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #918
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
To be honest I don't know if the vote on that ever got finished . I remember that pt and I were both strongly for the waiver system just because neither of us had done FAAB before.
I've never done FAAB either, but its a simple concept and takes skill unlike rolling waivers thats why im for it
Old 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #919
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I just changed the setting... waivers start at game time of said player, they stay on waivers until tuesday... this is correct right? Another setting was to start everyone's waiver clock at the first game even if they don't play on that wednesday. ex: player doesn't play until sunday but once that first game on a wednesday or thursday starts that player also goes on waivers.
yep, that's correct
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #920
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

B4L is suddenly a huge underdog this week with Nicks and Cruz putting up duds...no wonder he is set on keeping Ogletree

GoBB maybe wishing he started Romo now...maybe

Marlo could maybe now be seen as a slight underdog to Portman, he got nothing from Giants D while Miles did well

and Eli does Illini wrong...

ISH FF highlights today brought to you by -p.tiddy- and Doritoes
Old 09-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #921
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I agree players should be locked up, however it would be totally unfair to throw back players that were added with the current (and past) rules in place. Until the day after now someone wants to change the rules - after the fact of the matter, and then go and undo past moves that were made legitimately. Sorry but that is just brutally unfair

I'd agree with this except for two things. One, calling it the current/past rules is not genuine. The option we're clearly all in favor of wasn't available last year. Second, you're the commish of this league. You should have had the correct option in place, if not earlier, you could have changed it last night. I respect you and I'm not trying to rag on you, but a commish sometimes needs to act for the good of the league as opposed to constantly trying to one-up people. I think this is a time you could drop your sword and help the league by throwing Ogletree back. But if no one agrees with me, I'll drop it.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #922
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Big picture, I think this clearly shows that next year, we need to commit to an actual discussion about all the rules. 30 minutes before the draft, whatever. Getting people to discuss anything in this thread is like pulling teeth, and nothing gets resolved until too late. Either that, or we need to scrap the democracy crap and let one or a few people decide everything if no one cares enough to do this.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #923
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only 2nd guessing I'm doing is going with Witten over Celek. Celek is healthy and altho not a favorite target of Vick could still give me more pts (I think) than Witten who returned from injury.

I never had any thought on starting Tony Romo over Cam Newton. So I'm not really trippin over what he did. Think he got me 24pts? Will Cam get that? Whoi knows, maybe not. I'll be mad if Celek does double digits tho.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #924
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I'd agree with this except for two things. One, calling it the current/past rules is not genuine. The option we're clearly all in favor of wasn't available last year. Second, you're the commish of this league. You should have had the correct option in place, if not earlier, you could have changed it last night. I respect you and I'm not trying to rag on you, but a commish sometimes needs to act for the good of the league as opposed to constantly trying to one-up people. I think this is a time you could drop your sword and help the league by throwing Ogletree back. But if no one agrees with me, I'll drop it.

I have to say this is a very good argument. I often forget he is the commish. Thought RBA was. He gave up those duties or did he even have them?

But real good argument. I'm changing my stance now and I'm onboard with the bold.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #925
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
Big picture, I think this clearly shows that next year, we need to commit to an actual discussion about all the rules. 30 minutes before the draft, whatever. Getting people to discuss anything in this thread is like pulling teeth, and nothing gets resolved until too late. Either that, or we need to scrap the democracy crap and let one or a few people decide everything if no one cares enough to do this.

30mins before draft? Pfft, wasnt this thread creates weeks, maybe a month before we actually drafted? I dont feel like clicking back out of this post to check. My point is we had LOTS of time to talk about the rules. Next year will be the same. No need to do it at the last second or as the league goes on (like this year). We need to address all scenerios, rules and before pick 1 of the draft be on the same page. F*cking $100 aint chump change. Thats enough money to take out the time to handle all of this.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #926
SCY
Put yr guns up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
30mins before draft? Pfft, wasnt this thread creates weeks, maybe a month before we actually drafted? I dont feel like clicking back out of this post to check. My point is we had LOTS of time to talk about the rules. Next year will be the same. No need to do it at the last second or as the league goes on (like this year). We need to address all scenerios, rules and before pick 1 of the draft be on the same page. F*cking $100 aint chump change. Thats enough money to take out the time to handle all of this.

I definitely agree, I only suggest before the draft because getting people to vote on stuff in this thread has been impossible. I tried to bring up several issues well before the draft, but was either rebuked that we had more important issues to deal with or met with dead air. We couldn't even get a full vote on payouts, FFS. Perhaps next year, we need to come up with a list of things everyone has to vote on before they get the password to the league, because otherwise it's just not going to happen.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #927
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I was under the impression it would stay the same as last year. 2 of my 3 other leagues don't place everyone on waivers until sunday morning so it was the norm to me until someone just brought it up today. I disagree with you strongly because no one ever brought a possible change up until just now which is way after the fact, I cannot assume everyone wanted a rule change with no one talking about it. I cannot poll everyone's brains without them saying something, I don't think I'll ever see how it would be fair to take Ogletree off my team when I followed the rules that were in place.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #928
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I think for the most part we assumed that this league would be a copy/paste of last year's rules so not much to discuss...other than payouts and getting rid of the roster restrictions

this Yahoo setting change wasn't really something we knew about...so this getting by all of us is understandable
Old 09-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #929
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Just for the record when RBA said he was eying up Ogletree I thought he was suggesting putting a waiver on him. Anytime you use a first come first serve basis it creates a serious disadvantage for those not on their laptop. IMO The right thing to do would be to drop him.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #930
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I thought we agreed on the FAAB Waivers, but maybe that was just in a chatzy.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: