Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #931
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Oi didnt even know that ogletree wasnt locked up as soon as the game started
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #932
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I was under the impression it would stay the same as last year. 2 of my 3 other leagues don't place everyone on waivers until sunday morning so it was the norm to me until someone just brought it up today. I disagree with you strongly because no one ever brought a possible change up until just now which is way after the fact, I cannot assume everyone wanted a rule change with no one talking about it. I cannot poll everyone's brains without them saying something, I don't think I'll ever see how it would be fair to take Ogletree off my team when I followed the rules that were in place.

Fair enough. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong. Just that you could make a sacrifice here. I think the setting should obviously not be FCFS at any point, and I will take some blame myself for not having checked it. Hopefully we can all laugh this off later when Ogletree does nothing this year, but if he's the next Victor Cruz there's going to be some vexed people I think.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #933
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I blame myself for this...shouldn't have dropped him
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:40 PM   #934
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I think for the most part we assumed that this league would be a copy/paste of last year's rules so not much to discuss...other than payouts and getting rid of the roster restrictions

this Yahoo setting change wasn't really something we knew about...so this getting by all of us is understandable

I know no one plays FF to chat about league settings, but by ignoring them in the preseason we clearly cause a lot more drama, confusion, and wasting of our time than if we just hammered the sh*t out beforehand. A lot of leagues have a "constitution" which seems nerdy and lame but probably saves time and energy on this kind of crap in the long run.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #935
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I know no one plays FF to chat about league settings, but by ignoring them in the preseason we clearly cause a lot more drama, confusion, and wasting of our time than if we just hammered the sh*t out beforehand. A lot of leagues have a "constitution" which seems nerdy and lame but probably saves time and energy on this kind of crap in the long run.
I agree, I'm just saying that at some point in this thread it was stated "same rules as last year right?" and we all just said yes and went with it...no one knew about the setting change.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #936
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I definitely agree, I only suggest before the draft because getting people to vote on stuff in this thread has been impossible. I tried to bring up several issues well before the draft, but was either rebuked that we had more important issues to deal with or met with dead air. We couldn't even get a full vote on payouts, FFS. Perhaps next year, we need to come up with a list of things everyone has to vote on before they get the password to the league, because otherwise it's just not going to happen.

I'm thinking maybe everyone needs to give an active email address that they check. I dont play on email all day long but I have an iPhone and I'm one click away from my active email I check for new messages. Thats one way I think we could get voting and some actual stuff done as opposed to it getting passed over like in this thread. Cell phone numbers (to text) may be too personal but given the owners of this league? Speaking for myself I wouldnt be uncomfortable with giving mine out. I'm always texting. Just some options I think that us owners can get some things done where we arent questioning stuff all season long or unsure about stuff. Especially if someone suggests someting and it gets skipped over.

Definately agree we need to come up with a list of stuff. I plan on playing next year so I'm locked in.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #937
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would be willing to drop Ogletree and get whoever I dropped back provided everyone actually feels deep down that is the fair thing to do. The rules last year were this, and they stayed the same (were never discussed, and were never brought up to be changed until today) so IMO it's perfectly legitimate. If this were another team would everyone attempt to shaft that team for legitimately picking someone up? Or is this fueled by people thinking I may be a playoff contender? (even though SK should beat me this week )

I feel like if this was another team, I for one would let them keep Ogletree they were playing by the rules. However since its my team others feel (perhaps in a biased manner, GOBB referred to Nicks trade earlier) that I should be forced to drop Ogletree not because it was an illegal add (it was clearly within rules) but because the rich get richer.

I don't think thats fair at all but in the end I'll do what the majority wants/votes for. I do think we should vote fully on the FAAB thing, I think that is the best waiver wire format.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #938
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

found this blurb hilarious
Quote:
Felix Jones suffered a rib injury in Wednesday's opener, but "seems fine."
Jones left the game some time in the second or third quarter, and did not return. He received zero carries, and slipped going after one of his two targets in the passing game.

He never touched the ball yet still managed to get hurt?? LOL
Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #939
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
I would be willing to drop Ogletree and get whoever I dropped back provided everyone actually feels deep down that is the fair thing to do. The rules last year were this, and they stayed the same (were never discussed, and were never brought up to be changed until today) so IMO it's perfectly legitimate. If this were another team would everyone attempt to shaft that team for legitimately picking someone up? Or is this fueled by people thinking I may be a playoff contender? (even though SK should beat me this week )

I feel like if this was another team, I for one would let them keep Ogletree they were playing by the rules. However since its my team others feel (perhaps in a biased manner, GOBB referred to Nicks trade earlier) that I should be forced to drop Ogletree not because it was an illegal add (it was clearly within rules) but because the rich get richer.

I don't think thats fair at all but in the end I'll do what the majority wants/votes for. I do think we should vote fully on the FAAB thing, I think that is the best waiver wire format.
If these were the rules you guys played by last year and no one suggested a change to it, then you are in the right. It may have not been clear to everyone, but you did nothing wrong.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #940
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm fine with bb4l keeping Ogletree. Not like it will change the fact that I'm going to win the league anyway.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #941
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Voting list

Drop Olvaltine
-GOBB
-Marlo
-SCY
-primetime

Keep Olvaltine
-SilentKillerLikeaFart
-Jailblazers

Vote people.

I vote for the change in waiver wire.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #942
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
If these were the rules you guys played by last year and no one suggested a change to it, then you are in the right. It may have not been clear to everyone, but you did nothing wrong.

I agree with this. If he was just playing by the rules than I'm good with him keeping him.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #943
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

I don't think PT voted for me having to drop Ogletree since these were the rules GOBBy.

Looks like so far, SCY/Marlo/GOBB drop Ogletree despite not violating any rule

Sk, Jail, Nuggz, b4l are for letting me keep.

3 say drop Ogletree
4 say keep so far

PT make your vote more clear now that all the facts are our there, everyone else vote also - if you want to fuc*k me just because you want to sure but I followed the rules and if it was anyone else they should be entitled to Ogletree also, since these were the rules from last year, and the rules at current time of add (no one discussed changing it before the season or during the season until today - after the fact. Also it is not unusual - 2 of my 3 other leagues Ogletree would have been FA (but I actually owned him already in both).
Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #944
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I'm pretty much torn 50/50 on this really...you didn't break any rules so...idk...but at the same time it's kind of fcked up

just leave my vote as null...I'll let the rest of the league decide, I'm good either way.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #945
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm pretty much torn 50/50 on this really...you didn't break any rules so...idk...but at the same time it's kind of fcked up

just leave my vote as null...I'll let the rest of the league decide, I'm good either way.

I agree, I'm kinda up in arms about this, on one hand he didn't do anything wrong, but on the other, it's just kinda... I don't know.
UtahJazzFan88 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: