Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #1231
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Torrey Smith was targeted 3 times...he got too much hype by some I think, he looks like an occasional down field threat and that is it

and Russell Wilson was over hyped by everyone...the Seahawks in general were overhyped preseason, they look like shit

and who else was overhyped besides Chris Johnson?...I'll tell you, CAM NEWTON...who was actually starting to suck at the end of last season, people should have seen that.

I'm glad I am not messing with any of those players
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #1232
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Torrey Smith was targeted 3 times...he got too much hype by some I think, he looks like an occasional down field threat and that is it

and Russell Wilson was over hyped by everyone...the Seahawks in general were overhyped preseason, they look like shit

and who else was overhyped besides Chris Johnson?...I'll tell you, CAM NEWTON...who was actually starting to suck at the end of last season, people should have seen that.

I'm glad I am not messing with any of those players
Torrey Smith got drafted in the 6th/7th round..Around the same time that Titus Young did. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why he will explode going forward, but I'll let his play speak for itself.

Russell Wilson was a 14th round pick and has only played one game vs a decent defense.

CJ is definitely looking like a bust unfortunately. I own him in 2 leagues and am looking to move him after a big week or two.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #1233
Riddler
D-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Just think about it from my perspective. I have this reputation that I rip people off in trades? which is largely untrue, i lose trades a lot, as im willing to take risks and gamble. where was everyone when i traded randall cobb who looks like a wr3 with upside for freaking mike goodson who really isn't even rosterable. my point is im damned if i do, damned if i don't and its unfair.

if joe schmo and charlie agreed to this trade no one would use the word rape but because i carry this reputation i get special treatment, i take offense to that honestly and it puts me at a severe handicap. the only trades that i'm "allowed" to make are ones that i look like im losing on paper, if it appears that im winning one, they get scrutinized.

lastly, i dont have a history of taking advantage of inexperienced players unlike other members of this league who will remain nameless. im a very fair and honest trader. if you go back and look at the history of the deals ive completed in this league over the past 2 years, they're all extremely fair, mutually beneficial, and ive lost my share. i happened to pull a big one off on scy last year but solely because Jamaal ended up tearing his ACL.

No, No, No.... this isn't about making a deal with "The Predator."

This is about giving up a valuable RB.

and I'm just gonna ignore that Marty B and the rookie WR Wright were thrown into the deal... because they are scrubs.

In my mind it's Ridley & Vjax for Jordy Nelson... and that trade just flat out sucks.

Just because VJAX is in Tampa Bay with a new QB doesn't mean he won't be putting up great numbers... He's still a damn good receiver... just might take him a few weeks to get adjusted.

And right now... after watching the GB/SF game... it looks like Cobb and Jones are gonna take away alot of catches from Jordy. (also I think GB is finally recognizing the fact that they need to establish a running game...
So we can expect more a little more rushing & a little less passing)

All I'm saying is Nelson's stock is down IMO. (but not significant enough to veto the trade).

Like I said... you're gonna win this trade... but I won't veto it.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #1234
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Does anyone have a problem with me pushing the trade through later today? Because SK needs Jordy for Thursday. This is a obvious legitimate trade - no need to go through the voting process?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #1235
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
No, No, No.... this isn't about making a deal with "The Predator."

This is about giving up a valuable RB.

and I'm just gonna ignore that Marty B and the rookie WR Wright were thrown into the deal... because they are scrubs.

In my mind it's Ridley & Vjax for Jordy Nelson... and that trade just flat out sucks.

Just because VJAX is in Tampa Bay with a new QB doesn't mean he won't be putting up great numbers... He's still a damn good receiver... just might take him a few weeks to get adjusted.

And right now... after watching the GB/SF game... it looks like Cobb and Jones are gonna take away alot of catches from Jordy. (also I think GB is finally recognizing the fact that they need to establish a running game...
So we can expect more a little more rushing & a little less passing)

All I'm saying is Nelson's stock is down IMO. (but not significant enough to veto the trade).

Like I said... you're gonna win this trade... but I won't veto it.

Yes so can we process it?
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #1236
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Torrey Smith got drafted in the 6th/7th round..Around the same time that Titus Young did. I could give you a laundry list of reasons why he will explode going forward, but I'll let his play speak for itself.

Russell Wilson was a 14th round pick and has only played one game vs a decent defense.

CJ is definitely looking like a bust unfortunately. I own him in 2 leagues and am looking to move him after a big week or two.
true, I'm am upset at myself for messing with Titus Young though...so that means nothing, I hate him too right now, add him to the list

I learned that Titus was benched by his own team for headbutting the CB on him...the guy is just a moron

what was I thinking
Old 09-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #1237
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Yes so can we process it?
jazzfan/gobb/nugs/rba/illini still need to see the deal, so id leave it up until tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #1238
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Post Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
true, I'm am upset at myself for messing with Titus Young though...so that means nothing, I hate him too right now, add him to the list

I learned that Titus was benched by his own team for headbutting the CB on him...the guy is just a moron

what was I thinking

Everyone needs to have a little patience. Titus could still have a breakout year.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #1239
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:

what was I thinking
my take on the biggest busts so far based on ADP:

rodgers #2 shouldnt have passed up a top flight rb
chris johnson #5 11 carries 4 yards
matthews #9 (because he's missing a minimum of 1 week)
fitzgerald #15 (while hes safe i think he offers limited upside, and Julio>Larry)
trent richardson #28 he will struggle a lot on bad team
welker #32 looking like hes 4th in the pecking order and phased out of the offense
turner #37 looking old and not a good style fit for falcons uptempo offense
those are the ones that really jump out to me in the first 5 rounds..

here are who i think the best values were after week 1:

darren mcfadden #8 has a shot to be #1 RB
AJ green #26 incredible talent and will be heavily targeted should finish top 6 WR
brandon marshall #30 see above ^
steve smith at #36 again see above ^
admad bradshaw #38 would not be shocked if he finishes top 12 at RB
doug martin #41 see above ^
aaron hernandez #43 looking like a way better value than gronk
jermichael finley #68 going to be an elite TE1
eric decker #72 going to flirt with 100 catches with a good looking peyton manning.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #1240
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Marlo you forgot to mention CJ Spiller drafted by -spillertime-

message brought to you by Spiller Time INC, for more info go to www.spillerownsyourweakfantasyass.com
Old 09-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #1241
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Marlo you forgot to mention CJ Spiller drafted by -spillertime-

message brought to you by Spiller Time INC, for more info go to www.spillerownsyourweakfantasyass.com
at spiller time

hes definitely awesome and about to go bonkers if somehow fjaxs injury is serious he is a legit rb1 the rest of the way, definitely for the next 2-3 weeks.

enjoy the ride.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #1242
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
fitzgerald #15 (while hes safe i think he offers limited upside, and Julio>Larry)

okay I don't disagree that Julio > Larry right now (fantasy wise that is)...but Fitz is about as safe as it gets, he WILL have around 1,400 yards and 8 TDs, no matter who the fck is throwing to him.

for that reason I don't consider him a reach at all...he is security
Old 09-11-2012, 06:18 PM   #1243
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
If SK likes Jordy Nelson, there is no better time to trade for him for this exact reason. And, if he thinks Ridley's Week 1 production is a bit of an aberration, it is the perfect time to trade him. Ridley's stock may never be higher than it is right now and Nelson's stock may not be lower this season.

It is amazing how just one week can skew opinions on players.

Don't get me wrong, I think Marlo wins this trade simply because there are so few quality FF RBs in the league right now and I've liked Ridley since long before Sunday...

But, SK is the one selling high, buying low... Which is usually the position I favor in any trade.

This deal is not veto-able. Perfectly reasonable deal.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-11-2012 at 07:10 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #1244
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
okay I don't disagree that Julio > Larry right now (fantasy wise that is)...but Fitz is about as safe as it gets, he WILL have around 1,400 yards and 8 TDs, no matter who the fck is throwing to him.

for that reason I don't consider him a reach at all...he is security
is he a lock for 1400 with corn on the kolb at the helm? i agree hes safe but i like andre/marshall/green more then him this year.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #1245
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
If SK likes Jordy Nelson, there is no better time to trade for him for this exact reason. And, if he thinks Ridley's Week 1 production is a bit of an aberration, it is the perfect time to trade him. Ridley's stock may never be higher than it is right now and Nelson's stock may not be lower this season.

It is amazing how just one week can skew opinions on players.

Don't get me wrong, I think Marlo wins this trade simply because there are so few quality FF RBs in the league right now and I've liked Ridley since long before Sunday...

But, SK is the one selling high, buying low... Which is usually the position which I favor in any trade.

This deal is not veto-able. Perfectly reasonable deal.
Thanks RBA. Voice of reason.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: