Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1471
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 3rd Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Fitzgerald is a scrub

about to drop to waivers...

at least I caught hounds on his good day...

I'll be back, my entire team had an off day cept Spiller
I didn't even notice Fitz's numbers today... 0.90 point? Ouch.

Kolb and Fitz have zero rhythm together. I learned that first hand last year in one of my other leagues. They are just awful together. You'd be much better with Skelton running the offense.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #1472
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Week 1
Charles - 8.70 points
Johnson - 8.10 points

Season to date:
Charles - 12.40 points
Johnson - 11.90 points

Ugh.

Neither guy has been anything close to what was expected.
LOL. I love how you don't include that CJ0K averaged 1 YPC. While Charles was almost at 6 YPC and looked terrific doing it on 16 carries (they got blown out or this would have been a massive Charles game in the making).

I don't see any correlation between the two, if you watch them atleast.

However I would be trying to group in other RBs with CJ to make myself feel better if I still had him.

P.S. I will not give you ALF for CJ0K. Thrilled I got ALF for my CJ0K in auction money league though
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #1473
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I didn't even notice Fitz's numbers today... 0.90 point? Ouch.

Kolb and Fitz have zero rhythm together. I learned that first hand last year in one of my other leagues. They are just awful together. You'd be much better with Skelton running the offense.
Fitz had huge numbers last year though...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1474
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
LOL. I love how you don't include that CJ0K averaged 1 YPC. While Charles was almost at 6 YPC and looked terrific doing it on 16 carries (they got blown out or this would have been a massive Charles game in the making).

However I would be trying to group in other RBs with CJ to make myself feel better if I still had him.

P.S. I will not give you ALF for CJ0K. Thrilled I got ALF for my CJ0K in auction money league though
Actually, Charles had a 46 yard run in Week 1 and averaged 2.6 yards on his other 15 carries. He has always been a big play guy, but it would concern me if I owned him and:

A. The Chiefs have been blown out in each of their first two games, including by a not very good Bills team today.

B. He got 16 carries in the first game, 6 today (and averaged a meager 0.50 yards per carry)

But, by all means... Keep rubbing my face in the fact that I drafted Johnson.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #1475
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Fitz had huge numbers last year though...
He came on at the end of the season, which directly correlated with Skelton taking over for Kolb.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #1476
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Actually, Charles had a 46 yard run in Week 1 and averaged 2.6 yards on his other 15 carries. He has always been a big play guy, but it would concern me if I owned him and:

A. The Chiefs have been blown out in each of their first two games, including by a not very good Bills team today.

B. He got 16 carries in the first game, 6 today (and averaged a meager 0.50 yards per carry)

But, by all means... Keep rubbing my face in the fact that I drafted Johnson.
Congratulations you figured out how Jamaal Charles works, 4 years after he's been on the scene.

Classic Charles: 1, 2, -2, 4, 0, -1, 37, 0, -3, 25, 7, 0, 9

typical game like that for Charles. Yes we'll subtract his long gain... oh wait, that is precisely his game, the random home run

I don't care for CJ, I was just sharing my frustration for being clueless and taking him in 2 other leagues. That is all
Old 09-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #1477
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Congratulations you figured out how Jamaal Charles works, 4 years after he's been on the scene.

Classic Charles: 1, 2, -2, 4, 0, -1, 37, 0, -3, 25, 7, 0, 9

typical game like that for Charles. Yes we'll subtract his long gain... oh wait, that is precisely his game, the random home run
I realize that is how Charles works. The only reason I brought up his big play is because you specifically pointed out that he looked great "on 16 carries," as if he was consistently gashing the Falcons all day. He didn't. He wasn't doing much of anything aside from the one run. He is a great big play guy, but you need touches to hit home runs, though, and I specifically noted why I would be concerned at this stage... Because it is difficult to feed a big play RB when you're down 35-3 at half. And the Chiefs look AWFUL.

Quote:
I don't care for CJ, I was just sharing my frustration for being clueless and taking him in 2 other leagues. That is all
Thanks for sharing your frustration and calling me clueless. Much appreciated.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-16-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #1478
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
I realize that is how Charles works. The only reason I brought up his big play is because you specifically pointed out that he looked great "on 16 carries," as if he was consistently gashing the Falcons all day. He didn't. He wasn't doing much of anything aside from the one run. He is a great big play guy, but you need touches to hit home runs, though, and I specifically noted why I would be concerned at this stage... Because it is difficult to feed a big play RB when you're down 35-3 at half. And the Chiefs look AWFUL.

Thanks for sharing your frustration and calling me clueless. Much appreciated.
I'm sorry dude. I was referring to myself, stop overanalyzing everything I say

I WAS CLUELESS.

I have no idea if you were clued in or not. Assuming you were based on playing FF with you before though
Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1479
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Bottomline RBA, not trying to attack you personally at all, sorry if it came off that way but bottomline I'm fuming for not selling CJ this week like Marlo told me to. FUMING
Old 09-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #1480
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

ALF

I moved CJ for Gore st8 up in one yahoo pro league.

The other pro league where I autodrafted CJ had about 7 offers on the table, as soon as Bradshaw got hurt I can en email saying my proposal of CJ/Antonio Brown got accepted for Bradshaw/SS (Carolina). Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed as the Bradshaw injury doesn't appear serious.
Playmakers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #1481
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Playmakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected posterPlaymakers Dad is a pretty well-respected poster

Had no idea that today was the first time ever 2 WRs went for 175 yards in the same game.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #1482
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
ALF

I moved CJ for Gore st8 up in one yahoo pro league.

The other pro league where I autodrafted CJ had about 7 offers on the table, as soon as Bradshaw got hurt I can en email saying my proposal of CJ/Antonio Brown got accepted for Bradshaw/SS (Carolina). Hopefully it doesn't get vetoed as the Bradshaw injury doesn't appear serious.
Bradshaw just got a stinger I believe. That is a huge HUGE HUGE steal wow. SS > Brown healthy. Bradshaw >>>>> CJ.

Bravo

yeah, Gore was a coupe to even if his touches are capped at 15-18.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #1483
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

You don't think I'm fuming that I drafted this guy and he's gotten me under 12 points in two weeks? Of course I'm not happy. Of course I wish I had a do-over.

He looks bad.... It isn't just his awful line or the fact that his team is playing from behind. He isn't running with confidence and there appears to be some kind of mental issue going on with the guy.

Yes, I may have blown my first round pick... I get it. I'm desperately hoping that Mendenhall comes back next week to help make up for the apparent blunder.

It wouldn't be the first time, btw. I took Shaun Alexander No. 2 overall in 2006 when he was coming off of a 1,800+ yard, 27 TD season. He played 10 games and was absolutely awful.

Sh!t happens when you play this game long enough. This was the first league that I drafted for and maybe I wasn't quite as clued in as I was in my other drafts... It was just the start of the preseason and I thought he might be in for a bounce-back and didn't like my other options at the spot.

It looks like a mistake. If anyone realizes it, it's me.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #1484
Playmakers Dad
Local High School Star

Bradshaw looking like a stinger, awaiting MRI results.

Hernandez out with what appears to be a dreaded high ankle sprain, seen in a walking boot and on crutches.

Other then that pretty injury-free Sunday which I always love to see.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #1485
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Bradshaw looking like a stinger, awaiting MRI results.

Hernandez out with what appears to be a dreaded high ankle sprain, seen in a walking boot and on crutches.

Other then that pretty injury-free Sunday which I always love to see.
Something is always going on with Bradshaw, though... I say this as an owner of him in one of my other money leagues. He killed me today. Leg injuries have been his issues in the past and this is completely unrelated, but god damn... He seems fragile.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: