Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #586
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 583
Default

Eh I'm tired of this argument and I have to work. All i'll say is Manning did his thing today. I'm outta haterade and money, might as well stop the madness now.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #587
IceMan2
Local High School Star
 
IceMan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I have Manning over Brady now. And if he wins it he'll still be over him and would thrust on the Steve Young cusp itching to the top 5 QBs of all time list. Brady is chillin with Troy Aikman. Ahead of Aikman.

Yesssir.
You can say that and believe that GOBB. But as we saw on the Manning vs. Brady debate, you can't back that up
IceMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #588
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 11,980
Default

Quote:
It isn't just winning. Did you see Brady's post season stats that I posted above? They are unreal.

Unreal? Hes over 250 yards passing 3 times and reaches 3 TDs twice. His postseason numbers are the 16 game equivalent of a 3664 yards/22TD /10 int. season. To put that into context Philip Rivers had 3400/22/9 this year.

Dont take that to mean I think Brady has been average in the playoffs. Or that Mannings numbers would be better. Im just saying Bradys numbers arent "unreal". The W next to them makes it impressive not the numbers.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #589
IceMan2
Local High School Star
 
IceMan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Unreal? Hes over 250 yards passing 3 times and reaches 3 TDs twice. His postseason numbers are the 16 game equivalent of a 3664/22/10 season. To put that into context Philip Rivers had 3400/22/9 this year.

Dont take that to mean I think Brady has been average in the playoffs. Or that Mannings numbers would be better. Im just saying Bradys numbers arent "unreal". The W next to them makes it impressive not the numbers.
Well they are still better than Manning's numbers..."easily"
IceMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #590
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 50,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan2
You can say that and believe that GOBB. But as we saw on the Manning vs. Brady debate, you can't back that up

Backed it up there. Manning is just a better QB. Has the better skills, had the production, the awards...just lacked the postseason success Tom Brady has. I dont hold that against him as much as you do. I'm going with Manning who can make more throws than Tom. When and how often does Tom Brady go deep? Manning puts it in the bread basket. You can find more of those throws from Manning vs Brady's dink/donk passes. Manning has the stronger arm, is mobile and can throw on the run. He just has it all and Tom doesnt to me. Your argument is based on postseason success. Mine is reg season, postseason and just overall skillz as a QB. When you list things you want a QB to do, Manning is that. He has the tools to do what you want a QB to do skill wise.

And you confuse backing it up with you agreeing. You dont have to agree, but dont say nothing is backed up. It seems posters wanna claim you havent supported, backed up anything because you didnt convince them to change thier opinion, or how they view a player. Smarten up.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:58 PM   #591
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 24,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Unreal? Hes over 250 yards passing 3 times and reaches 3 TDs twice. His postseason numbers are the 16 game equivalent of a 3664 yards/22TD /10 int. season. To put that into context Philip Rivers had 3400/22/9 this year.

Dont take that to mean I think Brady has been average in the playoffs. Or that Mannings numbers would be better. Im just saying Bradys numbers arent "unreal". The W next to them makes it impressive not the numbers.
The point is, they are FAR better than Manning's postseason numbers. Also, Rivers didn't play 16 games against the best teams in the league. If a team makes the playoffs, they must be pretty good... and Brady has performed very well against virtually all of those playoff teams. Manning hasn't...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #592
hotsizzle
Superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: WINNING!
Posts: 9,843
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
If the Colts win in 2 weeks what exactly will Manning be better at compared to now? winning isnt an ability. Its not a talent. He wont win and get a little extra zip on his passes or make decisions faster.

If Manning is better than Brady(and I believe he is) hes better than him right now. Hes not gonna get better in retrospect based on anything to happen in 2 weeks.

Superbowls arent the same as talent. Or game to game performance.

If they were we could just give Bradshaw and Montana the #1 spot and tell Elway to **** off.

I dont see how ability gets disrespected so much as to rank players by winning alone. Or even mostly. 106 players and a dozen or more coaches not to mention the ownership and good oldfashioned luck decides who wins games.

No way to rank one guy by what his group of a few dozen people does compared to another guys. Almost everyone on the field could make the key play or key mistake at any moment to win or lose the game. Nobody should get enough credit or enough blame as to use a final score to decide where they rank all time. Putting them past or behind all time greats based on things they lack full control over.

Just isnt my way. Never got the logic in it.

when you're trying to determine whos greater, you have to take producton into consideration. and brady produced... in fact had better numbers than manning overall in postseasons.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-22-2007 at 12:15 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #593
IceMan2
Local High School Star
 
IceMan2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Backed it up there. Manning is just a better QB. Has the better skills, had the production, the awards...just lacked the postseason success Tom Brady has. I dont hold that against him as much as you do. I'm going with Manning who can make more throws than Tom. When and how often does Tom Brady go deep? Manning puts it in the bread basket. You can find more of those throws from Manning vs Brady's dink/donk passes. Manning has the stronger arm, is mobile and can throw on the run. He just has it all and Tom doesnt to me. Your argument is based on postseason success. Mine is reg season, postseason and just overall skillz as a QB. When you list things you want a QB to do, Manning is that. He has the tools to do what you want a QB to do skill wise.

And you confuse backing it up with you agreeing. You dont have to agree, but dont say nothing is backed up. It seems posters wanna claim you havent supported, backed up anything because you didnt convince them to change thier opinion, or how they view a player. Smarten up.

I'd rather have a QB that

Decent Regular Season
Great Postseason

vs.

Great Regular Season
Decent Postseason (would've been average, but after this game I'll say decent, Super Bowl will decide rest)


Because playoffs is when it counts. Isn't it?
IceMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #594
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 24,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I got all love for Doug Williams. IN the pantheon of Skins QBs, Doug's ahead of Mark Rypien and Joey's T. Doug Williams > Brady, Elways, everyone. The posse > Rice and anyone else. Riggins > Ladanian. Martin Mayhew > Deion. Dexter Manley > Reggie White.
Timmy Smith > Jim Brown?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #595
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Unreal? Hes over 250 yards passing 3 times and reaches 3 TDs twice. His postseason numbers are the 16 game equivalent of a 3664 yards/22TD /10 int. season. To put that into context Philip Rivers had 3400/22/9 this year.

Dont take that to mean I think Brady has been average in the playoffs. Or that Mannings numbers would be better. Im just saying Bradys numbers arent "unreal". The W next to them makes it impressive not the numbers.

Let's not forget he only has 2 postseason losses and the gw drives he has had. And I don't think it's fair to compare post-season stats to regular season stats because most teams in the post season have great defenses and the pressure is way up, while in the reg season Rivers can go against the Niners soft D and throw 2 to 3 TD easily to pad up his stats.
ALBballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:01 AM   #596
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller
 
Mean Joe Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 339
Default

Manning has always been better than Brady. It was the lack of rings that always got people on Brady's side in the Manning/Brady debate. After the Colts were down 21-3, I was ready to give up on Manning. But the guy proved me and EVERYONE wrong. MUCH RESPECT
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:02 AM   #597
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller
 
Mean Joe Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 339
Default

Manning has always been better than Brady. It was the lack of rings that always got people on Brady's side in the Manning/Brady debate. After the Colts were down 21-3, I was ready to give up on Manning. But the guy proved me and EVERYONE wrong. MUCH RESPECT
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #598
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 24,992
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
Manning has always been better than Brady. It was the lack of rings that always got people on Brady's side in the Manning/Brady debate. After the Colts were down 21-3, I was ready to give up on Manning. But the guy proved me and EVERYONE wrong. MUCH RESPECT
Are people really this dense? Brady has consistently been better than Manning in the playoffs... not just because he wins, but because his stats are far better as well.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #599
raiderfan19
Shazam!
 
raiderfan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
Manning has always been better than Brady. It was the lack of rings that always got people on Brady's side in the Manning/Brady debate. After the Colts were down 21-3, I was ready to give up on Manning. But the guy proved me and EVERYONE wrong. MUCH RESPECT
not everyone. I still believed. My confidence was starting to get a little shaken but i still had faith.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #600
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 11,980
Default

Better than Mannings or not they hardly reach "wow" status. Dan Fouts probably has better ones than either Manning or Brady. And Kurt Warner. Maybe Steve Young. Favre possible.

If anyone cared to know Mannings post season numbers averaged out over 16 games is 4320/23/19. Which this year would make Manning 3rd in the league(after Brees and himself) in yards. 5th in TDs and 4th in picks. Completion percentage in the same area as Brady and Carson Palmer.

Not up to his standards. But not "Oh my god..." terrible either.

Im not really concerned with them but the postseason numbers issue was brought up so I thought id throw it out there.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy