Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #601
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Are people really this dense? Brady has consistently been better than Manning in the playoffs... not just because he wins, but because his stats are far better as well.

but in one argument you say elway is better than montana yet montana has 4rings on four tries to elway's 2 on 5 tries. plus montna's numbers are better, but now you say brady is better because he has more rings than manning? you say elway is the best ever yet using your own arguments of playoff success then elway would not even be a top 5 QB

4 rings
montana
bradshaw
3 rings
aikamn
brady
2 rings
greise
starr
plunkett
staubach
elway
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 AM   #602
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
but in one argument you say elway is better than montana yet montana has 4rings on four tries to elway's 2 on 5 tries. plus montna's numbers are better, but now you say brady is better because he has more rings than manning? you say elway is the best ever yet using your own arguments of playoff success then elway would not even be a top 5 QB

4 rings
montana
bradshaw
3 rings
aikamn
brady
2 rings
greise
starr
plunkett
staubach
elway
I already explained why I would have Elway ahead of Montana. Joe was GREAT, but his team was also one of the greatest collections of talent in the history of the league (even excluding Montana) headed by possibly the greatest coach in football history.

Elway was never lucky enough to have that kind of supporting cast and coaching greatness.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:00 AM   #603
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I already explained why I would have Elway ahead of Montana. Joe was GREAT, but his team was also one of the greatest collections of talent in the history of the league (even excluding Montana) headed by possibly the greatest coach in football history.

Elway was never lucky enough to have that kind of supporting cast and coaching greatness.

ahh so you do a 180 on your qualifications of what makes someone better to fit your need... typical.

i'm done, can't argue with that kinda logic...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #604
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahh so you do a 180 on your qualifications of what makes someone better to fit your need... typical.

i'm done, can't argue with that kinda logic...lol
How so? Elway got 2 SBs. He had a ton of career defining moments in the playoffs.

When you are comparing greats, sometimes it comes down to little things like the amount of talent they played with.

I'm sorry... how did I do a 180? I also said Brady has had subpar receivers... that seems to be pretty consistent.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 AM   #605
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

anyone notice how belichik and brady are poor losers?
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:28 AM   #606
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
anyone notice how belichik and brady are poor losers?

It's always been that way.

They accused the Miami Dolphins of cheating because they shut them out 21-0.

That's a great thing and a bad thing. You love killer instinct and the attitude to always win, but... I guess it evens out.

And, if your regarding Bellicheck's press conference, he's been that way, win or lose.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #607
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
It's always been that way.

They accused the Miami Dolphins of cheating because they shut them out 21-0.

That's a great thing and a bad thing. You love killer instinct and the attitude to always win, but... I guess it evens out.

And, if your regarding Bellicheck's press conference, he's been that way, win or lose.
brady just ran off the field, and belichik ignored manning when after the game.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:53 AM   #608
Mean Joe Bean
Decent playground baller

Mean Joe Bean has an OK reputation so far

I'm sick of hearing about how the Patriots are a class organization. Belichek and Tom Brady are both pompous jerks. They act like asses when they lose, but they're even bigger asses when they win. Sick of hearing the media giving that organization so much credit for their "class". That whole front office treats their players like crap. They don't pay their players and think everyone is repaceable. I'm glad they got beat today. Tired of seeing them win everything. Hope the dynasty crumbles hard..
Mean Joe Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 AM   #609
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
I'm sick of hearing about how the Patriots are a class organization. Belichek and Tom Brady are both pompous jerks. They act like asses when they lose, but they're even bigger asses when they win. Sick of hearing the media giving that organization so much credit for their "class". That whole front office treats their players like crap. They don't pay their players and think everyone is repaceable. I'm glad they got beat today. Tired of seeing them win everything. Hope the dynasty crumbles hard..
amen
Old 01-22-2007, 09:11 AM   #610
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default reliving yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Never give up...Never surrender!!!

From page 7 of this thread............

crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #611
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen make a 5 yard pass, have his receiver dodge a few defensive players & run 70 yards for a TD, and get praised like no tomorrow for it. He is not a great QB. What he is... is a good decision making QB playing on a great team. Manning is a spectacular QB.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #612
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen make a 5 yard pass, have his receiver dodge a few defensive players & run 70 yards for a TD, and get praised like no tomorrow for it. He is not a great QB. What he is... is a good decision making QB playing on a great team. Manning is a spectacular QB.
Do you really think that the Pats receivers are that great? Brady seems to have a different receiving corp each year. Does he have anyone even close to as good to Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? Come on...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #613
DěN
Banned

DěN has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Joe Bean
No need to go that far. Brady and Belichick are great guys and have had one of the most successfull careers so far. They will be back next year, their run isn't over yet
DěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:11 PM   #614
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Do you really think that the Pats receivers are that great? Brady seems to have a different receiving corp each year. Does he have anyone even close to as good to Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne? Come on...

No, I didn't say the Pats receivers are that great. What I said was that Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen get praised relentlessly for making a 5 yd pass.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #615
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
No, I didn't say the Pats receivers are that great. What I said was that Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen get praised relentlessly for making a 5 yd pass.

We call that dink and donk passes
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: