Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-22-2007, 01:49 PM   #616
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Tom Brady is the only guy I've seen make a 5 yard pass, have his receiver dodge a few defensive players & run 70 yards for a TD, and get praised like no tomorrow for it. He is not a great QB. What he is... is a good decision making QB playing on a great team. Manning is a spectacular QB.

Tom Brady is a great quarterback any way you cut it. Yes, he gets a lot of praise for things he's not necessarily responsible for, but lets not go overboard. He's a great QB.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #617
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

although i'm not one to say tom brady is the best ever, you do have to give the guy his due...look at the post season record he has built up, yes he does not go deep real often but he is still a great qb and anyone that thinks brady has no talent is an idiot... as for saying the pats are classless thats funny peyton manning said the very opposite in his press conference after the game, he said both bill b. and brady sought him out after the game and congratulated him, and that they "are a class organazation"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #618
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Peyton Manning is nicer than Tom Brady... dont believe me? In 2004, Manning played his best season, throwing for an astounding 4,557 yards, and a record-setting 49 touchdowns, with only 10 interceptions. Tom Brady, in that very same season, also his best statistical year threw for a solid 3,692 with 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, a good season, no doubt. However, Manning’s incredible play, puts Brady’s numbers to shame, if my math is correct, Manning threw for 865 more yards, and an unbelievable 21 more touchdowns, and here’s the kicker, Manning also chucked two less interceptions than Brady. Thus, Manning at his best is a far superior quarterback than Brady at his best.
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #619
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq
Peyton Manning is nicer than Tom Brady... dont believe me? In 2004, Manning played his best season, throwing for an astounding 4,557 yards, and a record-setting 49 touchdowns, with only 10 interceptions. Tom Brady, in that very same season, also his best statistical year threw for a solid 3,692 with 28 touchdowns and 12 interceptions, a good season, no doubt. However, Manning’s incredible play, puts Brady’s numbers to shame, if my math is correct, Manning threw for 865 more yards, and an unbelievable 21 more touchdowns, and here’s the kicker, Manning also chucked two less interceptions than Brady. Thus, Manning at his best is a far superior quarterback than Brady at his best.
Take a look at what happened in the postseason. While Manning had a record regular season, it didn't help him when he faced off against the Pats in the playoffs.

Brady - 18/27 144 yards 1 touchdown (+1 rushing touchdown)
Manning - 27/42 238 yards 0 touchdowns 1 interception
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM   #620
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustlikemusiq

and that makes him "nicer" don't get me wrong, i think peyton is a better QB but how does his stats make him a nicer guy?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM   #621
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
and that makes him "nicer" don't get me wrong, i think peyton is a better QB but how does his stats make him a nicer guy?

Its a slang. He doesnt mean Manning is a nicer guy than Tom Brady. Geeze
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #622
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Its a slang. He doesnt mean Manning is a nicer guy than Tom Brady. Geeze
ahh ok the thread had turned to arguments of class and who has it and who doesn't... i see now never mind... sorry bro...mbad
Old 01-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #623
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

After my initial happiness of winning against the Patriots when the season looked to be doomed after the pick6, I have realized that this game doesn't validate Manning as a "winner" in the critiques eyes just yet.

People don't think of Iverson as a great winner, but he led his team to the finals. Nobody thinks of the Buffalo Bills with that great offense winners just because they made it to 4 superbowls.

Peyton & the Colts truly need to win the superbowl for the critiques to not use the "but he couldn't win the big game" 15 years from now when looking back on Mannings career compared to other great QB's like Elway, Montana, etc.

History doesn't remember second best.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #624
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
After my initial happiness of winning against the Patriots when the season looked to be doomed after the pick6, I have realized that this game doesn't validate Manning as a "winner" in the critiques eyes just yet.

People don't think of Iverson as a great winner, but he led his team to the finals. Nobody thinks of the Buffalo Bills with that great offense winners just because they made it to 4 superbowls.

Peyton & the Colts truly need to win the superbowl for the critiques to not use the "but he couldn't win the big game" 15 years from now when looking back on Mannings career compared to other great QB's like Elway, Montana, etc.

History doesn't remember second best.
Yep.

Jim Kelly is pretty much dismissed. He was a great QB for a lot of years, but he could never get over the hump, so he is not considered one of the greats. He had very good statistics. He led some very good Bills teams to the brink, but he couldn't get that ring.

The Colts really need to take advantage of the position they are in right now. Who knows if they will ever get back.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #625
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Yep.

Jim Kelly is pretty much dismissed. He was a great QB for a lot of years, but he could never get over the hump, so he is not considered one of the greats. He had very good statistics. He led some very good Bills teams to the brink, but he couldn't get that ring.

The Colts really need to take advantage of the position they are in right now. Who knows if they will ever get back.
which pretty much makes the point gobb and kblaze were trying to make, would kelly have been any better as a qb if scott norwood made the fg?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 PM   #626
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Suddenly, I just realized what a great QB Rex Grossman is, and am flooded with confidence in the great Brian Urlacher. More of the latter than the former but still. I believe.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #627
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Too many people are picking the Colts. Think I might take the Bears with the points.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #628
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Most ple piled on Ohio St to beat up on the Gators in the Fiesta Bowl. We saw how that turned out. Same scenario here and same result. Take the Dog.

I have looked at the money line yet, but suspect the Bears are at least a +200 to win right now.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:13 PM   #629
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Most ple piled on Ohio St to beat up on the Gators in the Fiesta Bowl. We saw how that turned out. Same scenario here and same result. Take the Dog.

I have looked at the money line yet, but suspect the Bears are at least a +200 to win right now.
Yeah, it certainly could be one of those scenarios, Id still take the Colts
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #630
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bump
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: