Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Better GM: David Kahn or Daryl Morey?

Better GM: David Kahn or Daryl Morey?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Better GM: David Kahn or Daryl Morey?

Neither. For how many times the T-Wolves have been in the lottery, they should have made out lot better than they have. Flynn and Johnson were huge busts. The only thing Kahn gets credit for is taking Rubio, but that was really a no-brainer. Morey is vastly overrated. The Artest trade was nice, but thats really it. The guys collect 1st round picks and uses them on tweener forwards, trades for busts (Thabeet, Flynn, Hill,) and has absolutely mangled this offeseason. They have no point guard, 8 power forwards, and are about to overpay a Asik when they are nowhere close to contending.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

I'd give the slightest edge possible to Kahn (and I ****ing hate Kahn) solely because he gave us Rubio.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Lol everyone gonna pretend rubio was considered a no brainer? Everyone and their mom cited his euroleague stats and said he'd be a bust.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Only reason people thought Morey was some genius and Kahn was trash was Bill Simmons. Making fun of the Wolves for having three point guards; like every other team in the NBA. Btw, they still have with Rubio, Ridnour and Barea.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Until we figure out what the bleep is going on with the Rockets, I think you'd have to go with David Kahn. The Wolves look like they're headed in the right direction while the Rockets seem to be looking around in every direction, wondering what's going on.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
Lol everyone gonna pretend rubio was considered a no brainer? Everyone and their mom cited his euroleague stats and said he'd be a bust.

Bullshit. He had critics, but he also fit into what Kahn wanted to do and would put asses into the seats. The T-Wolves have a nice core, but should have been a playoff by now.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #8
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
Bullshit. He had critics, but he also fit into what Kahn wanted to do and would put asses into the seats. The T-Wolves have a nice core, but should have been a playoff by now.
We would of been last year if not for the Rubio injury. Kahn blows ass though. whiffed on 2/3 high lottery picks and so far the 4th isn't looking very good.
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
We would of been last year if not for the Rubio injury. Kahn blows ass though. whiffed on 2/3 high lottery picks and so far the 4th isn't looking very good.

Pretty much. Pekovic is a nice player though, so it helps make up for not taking Cousins. But I didn't get the Flynn pick at all.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #10
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Until we figure out what the bleep is going on with the Rockets, I think you'd have to go with David Kahn. The Wolves look like they're headed in the right direction while the Rockets seem to be looking around in every direction, wondering what's going on.

Right now, I'm going with the Wrath of Kahn.

Rubio was a great move, Pekovic could turn out to be genius.
The Wolves have a solid 4 starting with Rubio, Love, Pekovic and Williams. If Batum comes there, then that is a very competitive team.

Houston has tons of young players and hopefully if some of them pan out, they will have a new core. But Houston is definitely a work in progress.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Kahn because he's willing to take risks.

I really dont like his stlye because you can tell he's a pure scumbag. He wouldn't know about goodwill even if he was in front of the store itself.

This vulture sits around and eats up other GM's scraps in hopes of finding a gem, he's an opportunist. Beasley for two 2nd rounders at a time when Miami was at its weakest bargaining position, former superstar Roy on a 2 year deal, insisting on stealing Anthony Randolph from the Knicks for taking on Eddy Curry's PREPAID contract from his mentor Donnie Walsh.

Wouldn't be surprised if the guy has zero friends in the league though
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
Bodhi
Local High School Star

Bodhi has an OK reputation so far

Funny how things change.

And Pekovic was drafted by Mchale
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #13
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is this a joke? Clearly Morey. Kahn has some of the worst high draft picks ever (Flynn, Williams, Wesley Johnson), and Morey finds gems in the 2nd round (Budinger, Parsons, Landry).

Morey finally turned his assets into a superstar (Harden) and will get a 2nd star this summer, and build towards a championship within 3-4 years.

Morey steals Kevin Martin from Kings, steals Robinson from Kings....he wins almost every trade. Signs Asik when everyone thought it was foolish. Guys playing great....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #14
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Is this a joke? Clearly Morey. Kahn has some of the worst high draft picks ever (Flynn, Williams, Wesley Johnson), and Morey finds gems in the 2nd round (Budinger, Parsons, Landry).

Morey finally turned his assets into a superstar (Harden) and will get a 2nd star this summer, and build towards a championship within 3-4 years.

Morey steals Kevin Martin from Kings, steals Robinson from Kings....he wins almost every trade. Signs Asik when everyone thought it was foolish. Guys playing great....

herp derp but hes a NERRRRRRRD herp derp
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #15
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

This. Rockets aren't a sexy location to land FA's like NY or LA and he isn't intentionally tanking. Morey is building a contender out of nothing while putting the best team he can on the floor every year. Asik's contract is actually not too bad at the time and great in hindsight. It's backloaded contract and can easily be traded as an expirer if Thomas turns out to be a monster rebounder (like I think he will be) or in case Asik didn't pan out. And he got Thomas for what? A tweener stretch 4 that doesn't play D? A tweener stretch 4 14th pick which he flipped for a 5th pick on said 5th pick's rookie season?
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: