Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation
Default OT: Calculating Marks

I don't usually worry about numbers going into the exam but this year I have an all time low in english at a 78. If I times that number by .85 (exam is worth 15%) then I get 66.3%. I'm just wondering what I have to get on my exam to get atleast a 70 on my final mark?

any help is appreciated.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You would just have to get 3.7 out of the 15% on the exam. Which comes to 24.6%. Pretty attainable if you ask me. :)

My exams are worth 30%. I'm pissed.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's been a minute. i gotta think about it.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #4
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
I don't usually worry about numbers going into the exam but this year I have an all time low in english at a 78. If I times that number by .85 (exam is worth 15%) then I get 66.3%. I'm just wondering what I have to get on my exam to get atleast a 70 on my final mark?

any help is appreciated.

x(.85) + y(.15-exam scores)=70

I think....
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #5
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
You would just have to get 3.7 out of the 15% on the exam. Which comes to 24.6%. Pretty attainable if you ask me. :)

Yep.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs

thanks alot, can I ask you how you got that?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

you could just ask the teacher.

the worst was a teacher I had that would have just two exams and the she had them worth 50% each. if you did poorly on the first you were screwed b/c she would always have her first test AFTER you were allowed to drop the class.

i had to take 3 of her classes. just flat out brutal.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #8
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
thanks alot, can I ask you how you got that?

Other stuff = 85% or 85 possible points
Exam = 15% or 15 possible points
Total = 100% or possible 100pts

If you've gotten 66.3 of 85 possible points on the "Other stuff", then you know you need to get another 3.7 points on the exam to hit 70 for the course. The exam is worth 15 possible points and 3.7 is 24.9% of 15. So you need a 24.9 or better on the exam.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

Last edited by ClutchCityReturns : 01-21-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #9
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
you could just ask the teacher.

yeah I was going to do that but it just slipped my mind until I got home studying for the exam.

Plus, i'm not sure if I even got the balls to ask her. She's such a *****. If you ask her about anything, she'll try to make a fool out of you in front of the class talking so loud.

GoRapz: "hey miss, can you help me with number 5?"

Teacher: "What?! have you even read the question!?, you just want an easy way out of this!, let me tell you something, teachers can't be here for you 24/7 to give you an easy way out of things. You have to figure things out for yourself. When you get into the real world, you're not going to have people to spoon feed you!"
Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #10
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

What grade are you in?
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:54 PM   #11
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
Other stuff = 85% or 85 possible points
Exam = 15% or 15 possible points
Total = 100% or possible 100pts

If you've gotten 66.3 of 85 possible points on the "Other stuff", then you know you need to get another 3.7 points on the exam to hit 70 for the course. The exam is worth 15 possible points and 2.7 is 24.9% of 15. So you need a 24.9 or better on the exam.

Hopefully that wasn't too confusing.

thanks alot man, but I think you mean 3.7 not 2.7, right?
Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #12
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

im gonna assume, i mean, i hope ur not in precalculus, or calculus math
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
thanks alot man, but I think you mean 3.7 not 2.7, right?

Yeah, got myself a typo there
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #14
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

if you have a 78, why are you aiming for 70??

aim for 79.5 at least.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #15
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
if you have a 78, why are you aiming for 70??

aim for 79.5 at least.

You'll have to point out where he said he was aiming for 70.

I'm pretty sure he just wanted to know so he could take a little pressure off of himself. Knowing you only have to get a 25 on your final exam will do that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: