Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation
Default OT: Question about NBA 2k7

Is there a bug in the game that doesn't let you complete a 3 team trade? I swear to God every single scenario I have come up with proves to be impossible. One team will always have just a teeny tiny little bit missing form their interest meter. Even the absolute worst player on a team seems to be a deal breaker every time.

Oh and I can't ever seem to trade picks either. For example I'll try to send two 2nd rounders in exchange for a late 1st and it tells me "(Insert team name) must keep 12 players on the roster" and won't let me do the trade. It doesn't even involve players, so what the f*ck is that about?

Anybody else experience this? By the way I'm playing it on PS2.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #2
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

dunno. ill try and make some trades tonight to see.

i was offered Lamar Odom for Earl Watson though and the team had 4 PGs one being Nash. (fantasy draft of course)

however, little trade issues aside, i am so much happier with this years 2K7 than I was with the past 2 NBA Lives I was forced to buy when I only had a Gamecube. God Live sucks.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #3
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
i am so much happier with this years 2K7 than I was with the past 2 NBA Lives I was forced to buy when I only had a Gamecube. God Live sucks.
yeaah, agree 2k7's game play is just awsome, and being able to change the sliders to make it harder was a great idea.. 2k is obviously taking live's crown as best basketball gamers.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #4
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

trades? na man, i just win as is. i just finished a 75-7 season on the hardest difficulty. it's all about 3 point shooters and elite defense.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Online play is the only way to go, I'm on PS2 also, I challenge ya'.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never had a reason to trades. But I do believe you do it in the franchise mode. I hate the hiring process
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:28 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i have actually never tried to take my PS2 online. is it hard to do? is it easy to find people you know?

i really only got the thing for Guitar Hero but there are just so many good older games (plus 2K Sports games) that I have been picking up that I missed out on like Red Faction, Twisted Metal Black, GTA, Total Overdose and Virtue Fighter that can be had for $10 or less.

plus, Scarface and Bully are pretty sweet newer games.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 AM   #8
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
trades? na man, i just win as is. i just finished a 75-7 season on the hardest difficulty. it's all about 3 point shooters and elite defense.

I simulate in Assocation mode until the Finals. I like dealing players and scouting draft prospects and such...trying to raise chemistry and all that. The most wins I ever got with a simulated season was I think 73. Most of the time they don't do as well as it seems they should though... I had a team last night that looked like this...

Kirk Hinrich / Drafted PG (80 rating) / Rajon Rondo
Drafted SG (94 rating, 24/11/6 player) / Jamal Crawford / Cuttino Mobley
Rashard Lewis / Shane Battier / Drafted SF (79 rating)
Chris Bosh / Dirk Nowitzki
Yao Ming / Saer Sene / Joel Pryzbilla

That team only won about 57 games if I remember correctly.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
i have actually never tried to take my PS2 online. is it hard to do? is it easy to find people you know?

i really only got the thing for Guitar Hero but there are just so many good older games (plus 2K Sports games) that I have been picking up that I missed out on like Red Faction, Twisted Metal Black, GTA, Total Overdose and Virtue Fighter that can be had for $10 or less.

plus, Scarface and Bully are pretty sweet newer games.

I borrowed "my" PS2 from my best friend because he got a 360 and is occupied with that. I basically only got it from him for Guitar Hero though, as did you. In theory it seems silly but in practice it kicks tons of ass. I just happened to play it at Wal Mart one time on a display TV and I was hooked. I got GH II for Christmas and it seems a hell of a lot harder to me.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:35 AM   #10
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
I borrowed "my" PS2 from my best friend because he got a 360 and is occupied with that. I basically only got it from him for Guitar Hero though, as did you. In theory it seems silly but in practice it kicks tons of ass. I just happened to play it at Wal Mart one time on a display TV and I was hooked. I got GH II for Christmas and it seems a hell of a lot harder to me.

yea II is tougher. almost all the songs are pretty long and they seem to have far more notes.

i like the way they force you to unlock the 5th song in each set with an encore though. the first one was too easy to open songs. also, as a bassist, I LOVE being able to play the bass lines.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 AM   #11
P-Forty21

I tied aswell and it didnt work:@
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Quote:
yea II is tougher. almost all the songs are pretty long and they seem to have far more notes.

i like the way they force you to unlock the 5th song in each set with an encore though. the first one was too easy to open songs. also, as a bassist, I LOVE being able to play the bass lines.

Do you like the selection of songs better in GH I or GH II? For some reason I think I like GH I a little more, although GH II has some great ones (Heart Shaped Box, Freebird, etc.)
Old 01-22-2007, 12:41 AM   #13
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Do you like the selection of songs better in GH I or GH II? For some reason I think I like GH I a little more, although GH II has some great ones (Heart Shaped Box, Freebird, etc.)

well, i like the variety better. plus it has some lesser known bands on there that I like and never would have thought would gotten love like Reverend Horton Heat (though they have better songs) I think there is a bit too much metal type stuff though. (of course thats just personal listening tastes.)

i want them to do genre specific games now though. it would be great to play an all classic rock or all jam band Guitar Hero.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #14
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

Hmm...

I just got a 3 team trade to work, but it was really really basic.

I used the default rosters and did this...

Bonzi Wells, Serge Monia (or whatever), a 2nd rounder to New York
Andre Miller to Sacramento
Jamal Crawford to Denver

All the main guys had an 8.xx million contract and were rated 82-ish, so maybe that's why it worked. What I had problems with last night were trades that involved 8 or 9 guys. They seem impossible...I spent a good hour trying to get one to go through.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Is there a bug in the game that doesn't let you complete a 3 team trade? I swear to God every single scenario I have come up with proves to be impossible. One team will always have just a teeny tiny little bit missing form their interest meter. Even the absolute worst player on a team seems to be a deal breaker every time.

Oh and I can't ever seem to trade picks either. For example I'll try to send two 2nd rounders in exchange for a late 1st and it tells me "(Insert team name) must keep 12 players on the roster" and won't let me do the trade. It doesn't even involve players, so what the f*ck is that about?

Anybody else experience this? By the way I'm playing it on PS2.

I trade players and picks constantly. You just have to make sure that the salaries match up closely. Also if you have a player that you just drafted in the first round, you usually can trade him for a player a little better and most of the time get a pick or two also. I had 4 #1s in the last draft and have two or three lined up for the next one. I almost always have at least 2 #1s
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: