Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board
Default OT: Rage Against The Machine reuniting.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6269931.story

Just in time for the elections. I really do believe it's their fault that Bush won. Since they broke up in 2000.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

O-M-F-G

Yeeeeesssssssssss
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

This is good news for anyone who likes great music.

EDIT: Just saw that it's for one show. Oh well, something is better than nothing and maybe they'll decide to stick around for a bit.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
This is good news for anyone who likes great music.

EDIT: Just saw that it's for one show. Oh well, something is better than nothing and maybe they'll decide to stick around for a bit.

Agreed. I'm willing to sell an arm to get tickets.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 AM   #5
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

RATM is awesome!

anyone remember during the MTV awards i believe when one of the band members was on top of the wall near the stage...and people were telling him to jump? haha thats when the lead singer walked out.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #6
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

i liked audioslave better but chris cornell is going solo, i never was a big rage fan.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #7
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well its just for one show. hopefully it'll be taped.

i saw them at Woodstock 99. they were badass. so gald i saw them too cause i had no idea they would split so soon after.

and yea, i remember those MTV awards.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #8
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
i liked audioslave better but chris cornell is going solo, i never was a big rage fan.

That sums you up really.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #9
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
RATM is awesome!

anyone remember during the MTV awards i believe when one of the band members was on top of the wall near the stage...and people were telling him to jump? haha thats when the lead singer walked out.

Yeah, alot of people say that's the reason for their breakup.

Audioslave is a joke but RATM and Soundgarden (as well as Cornells VASTLY UNDERRATED solo album Euphoria Morning) are amazing.

They all need to go back to their old bands.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #10
JSub
Decent college freshman

Audioslave IS a friggin joke. No different from any other alternative band today. You cant even tell its Tom on guitar. I could replace him and those songs wouldnt sound any different.

Cornell with Soundgarden, along with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, epitomized the grudge age in music during the early 90s. RATM was something that could never be categorized in a genre. The sound and message can never be replicated. It was definitely one of the saddest days of my life when they announced their split on the radio.

And since I was too young to stand a chance in the Rage pits, I never got the chance to see them live. There's no way in hell I'm missing this show.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM   #11
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
That sums you up really.
you're a joke if you judge people on their musical tastes.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
the grudge age

:
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #13
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Audioslave IS a friggin joke. No different from any other alternative band today. You cant even tell its Tom on guitar. I could replace him and those songs wouldnt sound any different.

Cornell with Soundgarden, along with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, epitomized the grudge age in music during the early 90s. RATM was something that could never be categorized in a genre. The sound and message can never be replicated. It was definitely one of the saddest days of my life when they announced their split on the radio.

And since I was too young to stand a chance in the Rage pits, I never got the chance to see them live. There's no way in hell I'm missing this show.

That's pretty much how I feel. But I was too young to care about Rage when they were at their peak. I didn't get into them until awhile after they broke up. I thought I'd never get to see them live, but now I will.

It's like not seeing The Clash live. It sucks.

If I had to use one word to describe Audioslave, I would use the word "safe." They don't do anything out of the ordinary, just enough to survive in the rock world. They could be so much better but they just play it safe to get the mass fans.

Hey JSub, did you pick up those Green Day reissues of the Lookout albums? Any good? I was thinking about getting them.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #14
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns

:

I gotta learn to proof read
Old 01-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
That's pretty much how I feel. But I was too young to care about Rage when they were at their peak. I didn't get into them until awhile after they broke up. I thought I'd never get to see them live, but now I will.

It's like not seeing The Clash live. It sucks.

If I had to use one word to describe Audioslave, I would use the word "safe." They don't do anything out of the ordinary, just enough to survive in the rock world. They could be so much better but they just play it safe to get the mass fans.

Hey JSub, did you pick up those Green Day reissues of the Lookout albums? Any good? I was thinking about getting them.

you are right that Audioslave plays it too safe. but when they hit on all cylinders its pretty damn good. they should take more chances though.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: