Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #31
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Ya, I love that part...every other decade was supposed to be great....well what happened to this decade? lol

This decade is one of the ones that "it's better in hindsight" does not apply to. This decade SUCKS. And that might even be overrating it.

I feel bad for the kids growing up in this era cause their all a bunch of idiots and will never get any unidiotic. Look at guys like GoRapz.

I mean, it's my decade too, btu I feel the 90's shaped me more than this decade.

This is the only decade where you don't have social changing music/movies etc.

I mean, in the 90's you had the whole grunge movement that changed things forever. This decade you got Emo, and pop-punk.

In the 90's you had Clinton changing things, now you got George Bush trying to keep things the same
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #32
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Look at it this way, you cant possibly see these bands going on forever right? These bands will eventually fade out and become nothing.

I agree, the 90s were awesome. 1. because of grunge and 2. because of OASIS!
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #33
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
No, unfortunately, Corgan only got Jimmy Chamberlain (the drummer) The rest of the band wants nothing to do with Corgan. I have no idea why he's even calling it The Smashing Pumpkins.

Yea, just read that on wikipedia.org, they supposedly released some demos this past december, but it wont really be the Pumpkins I guess, not in whole anyways.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #34
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

I'm going to Coachella, should be dope.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:33 PM   #35
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I saw this story on Ultimate Guitar the other day.

Audioslaves first two albums were actually very good. I haven't picked up Revelations because the first single completely sucked. Their self-titled album was their best as a band.

Rage was also a good group. I wasn't old enough to catch on to them when they were still a band but of the songs I've heard from them, they are very good. "Killing in the Name", and "Guerilla Radio" are probably my two favorites of theirs.

I haven't heard Cornells solo album yet.

I do believe, though, that RATM will probably reunite for one last album if not more after the Coachella Festival. Especially now that the elections are coming up, they'll probably write some good political material.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:30 PM   #36
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles

How'd you get tickets?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:33 PM   #37
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles

So is my son and one of his friends. He's been talking about it all day. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning and he's all excited. I hope he gets good seats. Hope you have a good time Zombies.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 AM   #38
SixerFan03
High School JV MVP

SixerFan03 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
Audioslave IS a friggin joke. No different from any other alternative band today. You cant even tell its Tom on guitar. I could replace him and those songs wouldnt sound any different.

*Listens to "Show Me How To Live" and "Out Of Exile"*

Nope, that's clearly Morello. Nobody sounds like him. His rhythm playing is untouched. His sound is like Eddie Van Halen meets Terminator X's (Public Enemy) turntables.

As for Audioslave, they've had their moments where they're really good, but for the most part they're just average. They're not as good as their talent. Rage was just the perfect mix and so was Soundgarden. Cornell's voice sounds so good with Thayil's trippy guitar playing, just like Morello's guitar sounds so much more important with Zach's words spitting over the riffs.

Timmeh, Revelations is sort of average. I thought the first two Audioslave albums were about the same only the 2nd one was more consistant, but it doesn't really matter. "Original Fire" sucks (even if it's about the grunge movement). The best song on the album is by far "Moth". It might be their best song. But the rest of the album is kind of generic (it has its moments like any Audioslave album, though).
SixerFan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:37 AM   #39
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixerFan03
*Listens to "Show Me How To Live" and "Out Of Exile"*

Nope, that's clearly Morello. Nobody sounds like him. His rhythm playing is untouched. His sound is like Eddie Van Halen meets Terminator X's (Public Enemy) turntables.

As for Audioslave, they've had their moments where they're really good, but for the most part they're just average. They're not as good as their talent. Rage was just the perfect mix and so was Soundgarden. Cornell's voice sounds so good with Thayil's trippy guitar playing, just like Morello's guitar sounds so much more important with Zach's words spitting over the riffs.

Timmeh, Revelations is sort of average. I thought the first two Audioslave albums were about the same only the 2nd one was more consistant, but it doesn't really matter. "Original Fire" sucks (even if it's about the grunge movement). The best song on the album is by far "Moth". It might be their best song. But the rest of the album is kind of generic (it has its moments like any Audioslave album, though).

I own the first Audioslave album, so I know what you're talking about. That first single "Cochise" was vintage Tom and that got my hopes high for the union of classic RAGE and Cornell. Although I really enjoyed that particular album, Tom could only showcase his skills on a select few tracks. That's quite a letdown. "I Am The Highway" and "Like A Stone" are great songs, but as I said before, I could fill in and you wouldnt know the difference.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #40
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Problem with Morello is, yeah, he's badass, but he's reached his peak. The way he plays there is only so much you can do with it before you start repeating yourself.

It's like a basketball player who shoots half court shots at 45% but can't shoot from anywhere else.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:52 AM   #41
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
So is my son and one of his friends. He's been talking about it all day. Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning and he's all excited. I hope he gets good seats. Hope you have a good time Zombies.

thanks man I appreciate it.

It's looking to be a really great line-up, I'm sure your son will have a good time. Just remind him to bring sunscreen and stay hydrated if he doesn't already know, the heat down in the valley usually hits about 110 during the day.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:11 AM   #42
JSub
Decent college freshman

zombles, answer my ques. did you win em on kroq or something?
Old 01-25-2007, 02:19 AM   #43
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
zombles, answer my ques. did you win em on kroq or something?

sorry man didn't see it earlier.

I got them through an Internet pre-sale, password was Roxanne, it was only 200 bucks instead of 250.

The whole Roxanne thing kinda makes me think they're looking to add The Police to a line-up.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #44
ElKuKuy
Decent playground baller

ElKuKuy has decent reputation

There's a rumor going around that the Police are reuniting,too.

RHCP and RATM??

Sounds like a great show.

Enjoy.
ElKuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #45
JSub
Decent college freshman

Awwww jeeaaah. I got 8 tickets for Sunday night. I'M SEEING RATM BABY!!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: