Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Elephant Whisperer Is Dead. The Elephants F*cking Knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I don't know, I feel if it were common and legitimate it would be a big deal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T5vNgusEw

people brush it off for whatever reason...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #32
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Absolutely beautiful creatures.

Sharp memories.

Versatile trunks that can hold a pencil or crush a tree.

And endearing whether depicted as Dumbo or Horton Hears a Who.

God bless elephants!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #33
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T5vNgusEw

people brush it off for whatever reason...

Little girl conned her way into a house with running water and electricity
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #34
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
You think animals are smarter than human beings?

You weren't asking me but I have two cents on it:

"smarter" is tricky and the short answer is no. Other animals (we're animals too remember) can't build spaceships or make movies. But there's animals ahead of us in all the five senses (we don't see, hear, smell, etc the best on the planet)- I think most modern science asserts "the five senses" is a rudimentary way of viewing our senses anyway (basically we have more than 5 and the standard "sight, taste, touch, hearing, smell" categories are a simplistic and narrow learning mnemonic) but it stands to reason that these animals could have senses that we can't fully understand. Unfair to assume that because we're atop the food chain (and running this rock son!) that we're the only sentient beings.

You hear about these dogs and cats (who i think are probably a step below the "intelligence" level of elephants, dolphins, etc) at cancer clinics who know when a patient is about to pass. You hear about these lizards who gather for eclipses. It's wild (no pun intended), there's definitely some deeper understanding in the animal kingdom.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #35
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
don't rule out the existance of a spirit here...there are numerous stories of humans knowing when a loved one dies dispite being miles or even continents apart and never recieving any news.

just sayin
Read the wiki.. Elephants have large hippocampus's which control emotions and memory and huge brains in general that are similar in size and structure to humans. Much more convincing than saying its spirits lol.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Read the wiki.. Elephants have large hippocampus's which control emotions and memory and huge brains in general that are similar in size and structure to humans. Much more convincing than saying its spirits lol.
um...how exactly does that explain them knowing when someone far away dies?

I like miller's "they have an amazing sense of smell" much more than that...and I don't rule out anything like that either, I'm just saying no one should rule out spiritual factors either, this isn't the only time something like that has happened.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #37
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
Or how about the dog that belonged to the dead solider that goes up and lays, clearly depressed, by his owners coffin?

sorry in advance for making you cry

that is horribly depressing... As a dog owner this is even sadder I love my dog
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #38
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
um...how exactly does that explain them knowing when someone far away dies?

I like miller's "they have an amazing sense of smell" much more than that...and I don't rule out anything like that either, I'm just saying no one should rule out spiritual factors either, this isn't the only time something like that has happened.
I thought that you were talking about the fact that they cared that the dude died.. and yea I would much rather take their sense of smell and general life sense as an explanation. Animals can identify people and things through smell better than we can through sight.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I thought that you were talking about the fact that they cared that the dude died.. and yea I would much rather take their sense of smell and general life sense as an explanation. Animals can identify people and things through smell better than we can through sight.
no of course not, the "magic" part is that they knew when he died without being told...and went to his home

that would be an extremely strong sense of smell, but maybe that is possible, IDK
Old 07-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #40
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
that is horribly depressing... As a dog owner this is even sadder I love my dog

People that aren't dog people will just never know. It's a higher truth
Old 07-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #41
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You weren't asking me but I have two cents on it:

"smarter" is tricky and the short answer is no. Other animals (we're animals too remember) can't build spaceships or make movies. But there's animals ahead of us in all the five senses (we don't see, hear, smell, etc the best on the planet)- I think most modern science asserts "the five senses" is a rudimentary way of viewing our senses anyway (basically we have more than 5 and the standard "sight, taste, touch, hearing, smell" categories are a simplistic and narrow learning mnemonic) but it stands to reason that these animals could have senses that we can't fully understand. Unfair to assume that because we're atop the food chain (and running this rock son!) that we're the only sentient beings.

You hear about these dogs and cats (who i think are probably a step below the "intelligence" level of elephants, dolphins, etc) at cancer clinics who know when a patient is about to pass. You hear about these lizards who gather for eclipses. It's wild (no pun intended), there's definitely some deeper understanding in the animal kingdom.

Hey man, I love this story. And i've had a deeper appreciation for elephants ever since ManuteBolforever posted a nice article about their rituals. I agree, other animals are much more complex than most humans give them credit, and learning about their adaptability and rituals is fascinating.

However, the phrase "animals are a lot smarter than most humans" is so retarded that it almost makes sense, at least in this particular case.
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #42
Godzuki
NBA All-star

Godzuki is starting to rub some people the wrong way

i'm real skeptical they knew, in fact it seems more staged than anything like someone maybe led them there. i just can't see them organizing a tribute at all, its too much of a custom/honorary thing for an animal of any kind to do imo. i figure they got more important stuff to do like surviving...
Godzuki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:04 PM   #43
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

AlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation hereAlonzoGOAT has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

THA TRUTH
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #44
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Yeah, I've got a black lab like that one. They're really loving and sweet by nature and really easy going. I worked at a summer camp the last four years, and my parents told me for the first few weeks I was gone, he'd spend big parts of the day laying by the back door waiting on me; especially at night because I let him sleep in my room. They said once it got dark and later at night (usually around 10-11 o'clock or so) he'd start scratching the door and whimpering.

Dogs in general are the shit, and I don't get how some people don't like them, unless they were brutally attacked by one or something as a kid.

Last edited by KG215 : 07-10-2012 at 03:38 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #45
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

still crazy
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: