Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Pistons Sign Singler

Quote:
The Detroit Pistons announced Friday that they’ve come to terms with former Duke star Kyle Singler, who played last season in Spain after being drafted in the second round by the NBA team in 2011. “We expect to sign Kyle Singler on July 11,” Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said in a statement. “We look forward to having him with the Pistons this season.” Wilmington NC News

So now we have Prince, Maggette, and Singler who all play SF. We also have Daye and Jerebko who can as well. It seems like the Pistons must be thinking of some kind of move.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation
Default Re: Pistons Sign Singler

Yeah seems that way, also middleton plays SF too... Might make the most sense to move Maggette, as we are still probably not close to being a contender for a few years, wouldn't make sense to have him battling on a non playoff bound team taking up minutes we could be feeding to Singler / Middleton..

I love the idea of Daye, but I think it is just about time to move on from him...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
Yeah seems that way, also middleton plays SF too... Might make the most sense to move Maggette, as we are still probably not close to being a contender for a few years, wouldn't make sense to have him battling on a non playoff bound team taking up minutes we could be feeding to Singler / Middleton..

I love the idea of Daye, but I think it is just about time to move on from him...

Maggette does seem like the most logical choice to be moved, but don't we have to wait to trade him? I'm pretty sure you can't just flip a player who was just traded. I'm not sure how the CBA works on that.

Daye gets this season to prove himself in my opinion. If he doesn't become a significant role player then we have to move on.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool

I'm hoping we trade Daye(for a bag of balls at this point) and Singler and Maggette can fight for minutes behind Tay. Jerebko can play backup 4, where we need more of a stretch guy now to compliment Drummond/Monroe. Amnesty Charlie V. That clears up the roster a bit. Maybe use some of the expirings to trade for a backup PG. I'd do something like Bynum and Daye for Steve Blake or something. We need a veteran behind Knight to show him the ropes.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I definitely don't want Steve Blake. I feel like Daye hasn't got a real chance. He's had minutes at times, but it seems like the coaching staff really hasn't been behind him enough. He seems like a guy who could really light it up. I'd like to see what he can do this year. If he really gets better and plays how he should be then he'll for sure be a benefit to our roster. If he hasn't expanded his game this offseason then it's time to let him go.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I think Daye proved he can play in Summer League.

I know it's just Summer League, but maybe he can find minutes at the backup 4 spot once the season starts.

I agree with ditching Maggette, makes no sense to have him right now. Honestly, I'd almost be more comfortable having Gordon around still since Stuckey is gonna be the starter at 2 and I'm still not 100% sold on English.

Dammit Joe, why'd you give Afflalo away?
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

I gotta admit, I didn't think Afflalo would be as good as he is now. Now I do wish he was around. He would've been a solid backup. Think about how horrible of a trade that was for us now. We got AI, and they got Billups and Afflalo... Looking back on it that's a really lopsided deal.

Going back to Daye I'm not sure what to expect. He's done this every summer league. He shows us how smooth of a scorer he is and gets our hopes up. Then he continues this into the preseason..... Once the regular season hits he somehow checks out. Here's the one thing that makes me think he has to step up more somehow this year; he's going to be a restricted FA. It seems like every time a players contract comes up they somehow have a better season. I feel like this could be his break out year, so I haven't given up on him quite yet. It'll be interesting to see what happens this season.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

This is the season where i'd like to start managing Prince's minutes so that he can stay better for longer as he enters into his 30's... This is where I'd love Daye to burn the house down to take the pressure of Tay at SF...

I don't understand why Daye can't be one of the premium wing defenders with all of that ridiculous length he has...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: