Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #136
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

i knew pope was gone because he has a new show coming out with that dude from 90210.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #137
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
i knew pope was gone because he has a new show coming out with that dude from 90210.

Glad I didn't know that.

Also, I'm thinking we haven't seen the last of the guy that had his face pressed into nails. No reason for that guy to live other than to have him coming back later looking like a Bond villain.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #138
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I also still want a return of the white power guys from season 2.

Well, Henry Rollins' character was killed by Jax and Zobelle fled to Hungary.
shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #139
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

At every season finale, we usually can spot the villain for next season. Zobelle and The Nords/Hales, The Irish, Pope, etc..

It is so clear that the series is winding down and all outside villains have been practically crushed or have turned into allies, that the only logical villain left lies within the club.

Gemma.

Pure poison. Tara going to jail should be the final straw for Jax. I said it all along since last season that Gemma was hiding something else in those letters and that Clay was covering for her because he truly loved her and she was a big reason he got the gavel. However, Gemma is the f'n antichrist and I have a feeling it will all come to a head next season. Gemma has always craved control and a way in which to survive. She knows she will not survive with Clay, so she backstabs him and turns to Nero. She knows she will lose Jax and her grandsons (the only thing pure and innocent in her life) if Tara gets her way, so she will stop at nothing to prevent that.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #140
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I agree with a lot of what's being said here.

Once again the season finale is a really good pay off to a season that had really kind of gone off the rails there about half way through.

Everything remains a little too goofy the way they close everything up so conveniently. I know if I go to the mall after work, that's a pretty full day for me. These guys seem to go all over existence without much in the way of food or sleep over the course of 48 hours all the time.

I've grown to really like the Tig character, so I'm glad they kept him alive. I honestly didn't see the Clay set up thing coming. That's a big two birds with one stone play, in that it took care of the Sherriff and Pope story lines in one fell swoop. Was it a little rediculous? ... Sure ... but I can live with it to tie ends.

I look forward to Clay next season in prison. They've done a pretty good job making a pretty reprehensible character sympathetic. And he seems like he'll continue to be.
Tara's meltdown was one of the better performances the show has seen since much of the characters are pretty flat. It was nice to see her stretched a little.
I agree that Gemma is going to be the villain next year. Her turning on Clay means he's out on her too. And once Jax finds out about her even threatening Tara, weather it came from her or not, he's going to flip too. They sort of imply it's her because she had to go give a statement anyway about Clay, but because they didn't show it, I'm not opposed to the notion that it wasn't her.
I'm not sure biting off your own tongue means you can't give testimony because you can't speak. But I'm sure it makes for a pretty good insanity case.
Bobby cutting off his VP patch was an interesting note that has gone pretty much unmentioned. The club needs an internal foil, and Bobby is more suited for it than anyone else.
It sounds like we'll be seeing more Dave Navarro next season, which could pay off in unintentional comedy if nothing else.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #141
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

nypd blue mexi and Dave narvarros accents are rediculous,neither one comes close to having a real Mexican accent in reality,overdoing it.also I'm becoming to like Tara even more than I did,didn't think I could,something about that broad that I can't pinpoint but I'm in love with her.clay was the backbone of this show,I hate how they have went away from him as the lead . I liked him and jaxx so much more as a team.jaxx as a lead is great though, I just miss clay being the badass that everyone loves.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #142
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Yeah, I called that months ago when that stupid Wedding Band show first came out. That was a clear indicator he would get whacked.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 PM   #143
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quick bullets

I'm not convinced it was Gemma that set up Tera.

Just when you think Otto couldn't get any higher on the hardcore scale he ratchets it up to a whole new level.

Next season's fly in the ointment will be the murdered prison nurse's brother the ex US marshall.

Tig lost a daughter but gained a dog.

Jax is every bit the outlaw a hardcore MC needs as it's president.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #144
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm not convinced it was Gemma that set up Tera

yup, IMO. The Marshall did it.

I was surprised that Tig didnt die, what Jax did caught me off guard, Not mad though, Tig is one of the best actors on the show.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #145
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensdevil
yup, IMO. The Marshall did it.

I was surprised that Tig didnt die, what Jax did caught me off guard, Not mad though, Tig is one of the best actors on the show.
I wasn't surprised Tig didn't die, it was the how he didn't die that threw me the curve ball.

I was certain he'd be on that plane to Ireland with Clay at the last minute. I figured he'd get wind of what was going down and make a beeline for the airport
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #146
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq2000
Well, Henry Rollins' character was killed by Jax and Zobelle fled to Hungary.

Right, and if I remember correctly, Zobelle said something about prepping to come back in the future.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #147
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
At every season finale, we usually can spot the villain for next season. Zobelle and The Nords/Hales, The Irish, Pope, etc..

It is so clear that the series is winding down and all outside villains have been practically crushed or have turned into allies, that the only logical villain left lies within the club.

Gemma.

Pure poison. Tara going to jail should be the final straw for Jax. I said it all along since last season that Gemma was hiding something else in those letters and that Clay was covering for her because he truly loved her and she was a big reason he got the gavel. However, Gemma is the f'n antichrist and I have a feeling it will all come to a head next season. Gemma has always craved control and a way in which to survive. She knows she will not survive with Clay, so she backstabs him and turns to Nero. She knows she will lose Jax and her grandsons (the only thing pure and innocent in her life) if Tara gets her way, so she will stop at nothing to prevent that.

I figured this as well. Clay and Jax parallel, while Gemma and Tara parallell. So now that Clay is a villain, it makes sense that Gemma becomes one too. Clay is also setting up his own club essentially, so I see it as Jax/Tara and the SOA versus Clay/Gemma and Clay's new crew.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #148
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone notices how phat Tara's ass is? So damn nice.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #149
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Anyone notices how phat Tara's ass is? So damn nice.
Haha, I actually despised her until I noticed her assss an episode or two ago. Good eye my friend.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:48 PM   #150
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Haha, I actually despised her until I noticed her assss an episode or two ago. Good eye my friend.

She used to look a lot better in the earlier seasons. She's kinda fallen off.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: