Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #31
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,426
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5



NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #32
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,279
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz


Goggins produced the best moment in the history of this show. I don't know if it'd count but he better put it on his Emmy reel.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #33
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,426
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

My mind was blown. A cameo from Tommy Merlotte too . Other than that, I thought it was a weak episode. The sheriff's wife getting shot and them 2 appearing saved it for me tho.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,279
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

At least they didn't have some dumbass GTA chase scene with shitty music playing over it
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #35
NoGunzJustSkillz
2015
 
NoGunzJustSkillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,426
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Welp, I'm really fcking bored right now. Normally, I'd be watching episodes of Sons at this hour, but I'm all caught up. Today was actually the first time I got to watch it "live". So, naturally I'm just looking up a bunch of sht relating to SOA. I'll share.



see her naked here

Here's Opie in Saved by the Bell



Here is Chibbs in Braveheart and Gladiator





The scars are real. He got them from some ruthless thugs outside a bar where he DJ'ed.

Anyone notice Juice's weight loss? I was worried he got the "big c" or something. Fortunately he's just appearing in a movie titled, Meth Heads. Guess that explains it.

Here is Ron Pearlman in Miami Vice and Beauty & the Beast





Bobby Munson started out in the business as a stand-up comedian with his close friend, Steve Buscemi. Here's a vid

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2012/09/20-...-didnt-know/4/



Half-Sack just commited suicide after killing his landlord.




This new member of the cast actually tried suing FX not long ago claiming he came to them with the idea for Sons of Anarchy. Supposedly he used to be president of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang. My Uncle is actually doing a life bid for these guys, but that's another story.

Last edited by NoGunzJustSkillz : 10-10-2012 at 03:46 AM.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #36
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9,740
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Overall not a bad episode, besides the ridiculous scene where we learn that destroying somebody's face with your seriously injured hand helps decrease its swelling.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #37
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,568
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

That guy was a Hells Angels president of the NYC chapter. His name is Chuck Zito. He used to be on Howard Stern all the time. And he was a regular at Scores to the point where they used to joke that he could get things there for dinner that weren't on the menu. Howard used to say Scores had the best steak in NYC, but only if you went with Chuck.

He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe. My father is not a rider, but he is a great bike builder, and friends with a great many Hells Angels, mostly in CT, but a lot from NY too, and he's met Zito on more than one occasion.


I'm always intrigued when actors have real scars and they're forced to put their existence into the stories. Chibbs' allegedly came from that IRA guy over his wife and daughter IIRC.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #38
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23,703
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe.

I believe it. JCVD is a fairly small dude who knows movie martial arts that is not effective for actual fighting. Essentially, he is a gymnast.

Opie was also the big dumb guy (Lump) in The Ladykillers.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #39
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,422
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
That guy was a Hells Angels president of the NYC chapter. His name is Chuck Zito. He used to be on Howard Stern all the time. And he was a regular at Scores to the point where they used to joke that he could get things there for dinner that weren't on the menu. Howard used to say Scores had the best steak in NYC, but only if you went with Chuck.

He also made tabloids when he allegedly beat the hell out of Jean Claude Van Damme outside of some club, which you may or may not believe. My father is not a rider, but he is a great bike builder, and friends with a great many Hells Angels, mostly in CT, but a lot from NY too, and he's met Zito on more than one occasion.


Interesting. Never knew any of that. I just thought of him as the Italian mobster from OZ.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #40
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,568
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I believe it. JCVD is a fairly small dude who knows movie martial arts that is not effective for actual fighting. Essentially, he is a gymnast.

Opie was also the big dumb guy (Lump) in The Ladykillers.


I believe JCVD was a world champion kickboxer, so even at a size disadvantage, I'd think he'd be able to hold his own. And Zito isn't huge. He's a big guy, probably uses steroids, but it's not like he's a 6-6 monster. It's also possible that VD was inebriated.

I know Opie mostly as Gary Bertier, the sort of racist white kid who overcomes his racism because of his love for football in Remember The Titans, only to get cripled in a car accident before the big game.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #41
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23,703
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I believe JCVD was a world champion kickboxer, so even at a size disadvantage, I'd think he'd be able to hold his own. And Zito isn't huge. He's a big guy, probably uses steroids, but it's not like he's a 6-6 monster. It's also possible that VD was inebriated.

Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, that was probably a long time ago when he trained for actual fighting. He isn't exactly youthful anymore (and maybe drunk at the time as you said). When did that guy beat him up?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #42
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,811
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Ah, wasn't aware of that. Still, that was probably a long time ago when he trained for actual fighting. He isn't exactly youthful anymore (and maybe drunk at the time as you said). When did that guy beat him up?
The problem is a fight is usually something that breaks out quickly in a small space, rather than somethign set up. I doubt Van Dam would see it coming, be ready, and then a fight would begin. More likely the guy just grabbed him.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #43
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arizona
Posts: 23,703
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
The problem is a fight is usually something that breaks out quickly in a small space, rather than somethign set up. I doubt Van Dam would see it coming, be ready, and then a fight would begin. More likely the guy just grabbed him.

Also, it is not regulated by rules like kickboxing.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #44
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,568
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

All that is perfectly reasonable. Could be he figured it was better to take a couple shots from this guy than to hit him and wind up dealing with a ton of other bikers, who knows. Frankly the story is something of an urban legend mostly run out by Howard Stern.

Here's a set of links about it. Just sifting through, you can read he was drunk, he was sucker punched, and any other variety of versions of it. But there's enough out there to believe that something happened.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=chuck+zito+van+damme&gbv= 2&oq=Chuck+Ziton+&gs_l=heirloom-hp.1.2.0i13l10.1125.4297.0.8078.14.10.1.3.3.0.344. 1642.0j9j0j1.10.0...0.0...1c.1.rZvPB1xSjUs
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #45
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 30,811
Default Re: Sons of Anarchy season 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Also, it is not regulated by rules like kickboxing.
My one jail (brief) stay was because this 18 years old who was a good 6/7 inches taller than me wouldn't leave alone one of my students (a 10 yr old who was slow). He was willing to "fight" me. Our "fight" consisted of me hitting him from behind with a pipe once and watching him bleed on the ground.

"Fights" don't show who is tougher.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy