Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #46
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Can anyone find any of the originals threads, or that paticular game thread from the old board? It should be interesting to see what people were saying.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #47
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

The funniest part about that night is the Kobe groupies getting upset because Phil was leaving Kobe in. "Pshh, all they care about is scoring leaving Kobe in like that" as if if it was Wade doing it they would be happy if Riley took Wade out when he was on fire like that and already had 70.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:29 PM   #48
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
The funniest part about that night is the Kobe groupies getting upset because Phil was leaving Kobe in. "Pshh, all they care about is scoring leaving Kobe in like that" as if if it was Wade doing it they would be happy if Riley took Wade out when he was on fire like that and already had 70.

I think the haters are actually the ones who were more upset with kobe staying in the game.....me? I loved every second of it.......
Rocker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:30 PM   #49
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

Like I said, someone find that thread. It would be interesting to see what people were saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker09
I think the haters are actually the ones who were more upset with kobe staying in the game.....me? I loved every second of it.......

Groupies/haters... same MO... they're all groupies.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:31 PM   #50
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocker09

By groupies I mean haters. It's all the same with that Kobe cult.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #51
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
So you are completely biased within this context, as stated, for multiple reasons. Rasheed1 also a Kobe hater, has an agenda to side with anyone who downplays the performance. The whole world operates on a check and balance.
Well I'm hardy a hater, I don't care what Kobe does normally, it's just this one game that pissed me off. But you are right there is balance both ways, so what's the harm in having conflicting viewpoints being expressed in this thread? It's not like I got irrational and started calling people names, and I don't think anyone is stupid for thinking what they do, I am just playing a bit of devil's advocate/old school basketball fan.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #52
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Well I'm hardy a hater, I don't care what Kobe does normally, it's just this one game that pissed me off. But you are right there is balance both ways, so what's the harm in having conflicting viewpoints being expressed in this thread? It's not like I got irrational and started calling people names, and I don't think anyone is stupid for thinking what they do, I am just playing a bit of devil's advocate/old school basketball fan.
That's what this board is all about.

kwaj = Man of the Year.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #53
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Quote:
I'm in here so history doesn't get distorted. This is the same crap that people pull with wars or social movements in popular history all the time. 'History from Above' isn't the only way of telling the story of the past, 'History from Below' is also a very valid form of historiography.

You did not just compare a Raptors choke and a Kobe superhuman performance to a war or social movement did you?

Come on, Kwaj, you know better than that.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM   #54
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I'd be mad pissed too if someone scored 81 on my team. If I was on the court I'd have fouled him as hard as possible.

You shouldn't use that to discredit the performance though. It was an all-time great performance, no doubt about it.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:56 PM   #55
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
No Dwyane Wade?!?!?!

wade has never shot 32 fts, i know shaq once had 39 attempts, but it wasnt in the regular season.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:02 PM   #56
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Rocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected posterRocker09 is a pretty well-respected poster

What transpired during that day is that a player named kobe bryant showed greatness...It is a rare feat that is hard to repeat or immitate...It may never happen again because in my opinion, no team in their right mind would allow someone to score 81 pts....although the raptors tried a liitle bit to stop kobe in the 4th, it was already too late....Basketball is played in 4 quarters......
Old 01-22-2007, 01:08 PM   #57
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
I am just playing a bit of devil's advocate/old school basketball fan.

You're not saying that oldschool basketball has shaped your view of that game, are you?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:10 PM   #58
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
You did not just compare a Raptors choke and a Kobe superhuman performance to a war or social movement did you?

Come on, Kwaj, you know better than that.
Well if everyone else gets to throw rationality out the window and refer to the actions of a man bouncing a leather ball off the floor, then throwing it at an iron hoop as thousands of people sit around with their jaws slackened and eyes glossed over with words like "legendary," "super-human" or "greatness;" then surely I can reserve the right to compare the debate about said man's actions to the historiographical study of wars and social movements.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:12 PM   #59
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think any of kwaj's posts in this thread have been unreasonable.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #60
Rocker09
Rock & Basketball

Quote:
Well if everyone else gets to throw rationality out the window and refer to the actions of a man bouncing a leather ball off the floor, then throwing it at an iron hoop as thousands of people sit around with their jaws slackened and eyes glossed over with words like "legendary," "super-human" or "greatness;" then surely I can reserve the right to compare the debate about said man's actions to the historiographical study of wars and social movements.

basketball is basketball......comparing basketball to wars and social movements is just not right......It's not as if we said that kobe is Godlike or something..... we used "greatness", "super-human", and "legendary" to praise kobe's performance as a basketball player..and I respect your comments about that night btw, may it be negative or positive as long as respect is still present.......
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: