Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #91
Crafty
fcporto
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 1,287
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Must be nice having a top 5 GOAT drawing all the attention, right?

Lebron's playoff runs at 21 & 22:

Lebron '06 playoff run: 31/8/6 on 56%
Lebron '07 playoff run: 25/8/8 on 52%


Lebron playoff career avg: 28/9/7/2/1 on 47%
Kobe playoff career avg: 26/5/5/2/1 on 45%
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #92
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,884
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solefade
2002: Kobe got gifted a pass to the finals by the refs then played the crappy Nets

2013 Bulls and Pacers were the top defenses in the league


2001 run to the finals

2001 Blazers: (50-32) 6th in Opp PTS/GM. 9th overall in DRT. SRS 5th of 29. Offensive Rating: 7th overall

Kobe: 25/4/8/2 on 57% TS

2001 Kings: (55-27) 13th in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 7th overall. SRS 2nd of 29. Offensive Rating: 9th overall

Kobe: 35/9/4/1 on 59% TS

2001 Spurs: (58-24) 3rd in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 1st overall. SRS. 1st overall. Offensive Rating: 6th Overall

Kobe: 33/7/7/2 on 57% TS


2013 run to the finals

2013 Bucks: (38-44) 20th in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 12th overall. SRS 18th of 30. Offensive Rating: 22nd overall

Lebron: 25/8/7/1 on 68% TS

2013 Bulls: (45-37) 3rd in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 6th overall. SRS 14th of 30 Offensive Rating: 23rd overall

Lebron: 24/7/8/2 on 57% TS


2013 Pacers: (49-32) 2nd in OPP PTS/GM. Def Rtg 1st overall. SRS 9th of 30. Offensive Rating: 20th overall

Lebron: 29/7/5/1 on 61% TS



Lebron went through an entire eastern conference without having to play a 50 win team. In 2001, the Lakers led by Kobe through the WCSF & WCF faced 50 win teams in every round, including a 58 win Spurs team in the WCF.

Not only were the teams the 2001 Lakers facing better defensively than Lebrons competition.. they were HEAD AND SHOULDERS better offensively.

The only two good defensive teams Lebron faced (Chicago & IND) were in the bottom 10 of the ENTIRE LEAGUE offensively. While the teams the Lakers were facing throughout the entire Western Conference playoffs were all TOP 10 offensive teams in the entire league..


This is a 22YO Kobe shredding through better teams than a prime Lebron with better scoring and better overall stats in a some series..

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 01-02-2014 at 08:14 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #93
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,180
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Lebron went through an entire eastern conference without having to play a 50 win team. In 2001, the Lakers led by Kobe through the WCSF & WCF faced 50 win teams in every round, including a 58 win Spurs team in the WCF.

Not only were the teams the 2001 Lakers facing better defensively than Lebrons competition.. they were HEAD AND SHOULDERS better offensively.

The only two good defensive teams Lebron faced (Chicago & IND) were in the bottom 10 of the ENTIRE LEAGUE offensively. While the teams the Lakers were facing throughout the entire Western Conference playoffs were all TOP 10 offensive teams in the entire league..


This is a 22YO Kobe shredding through better teams than a prime Lebron with better scoring and better overall stats in a some series..

Before the Finals, the best player on the Lakers was averaging 29/15/3/2 on 56% TS and 33/16/5/3 on 58% in the Finals.

The second best player on the Heat averaged 14/5/5 on 50% TS and the Heat's center averaged 7 RPG. 12/7 on 54% TS. Shaq averaged more than Wade and Bosh COMBINED. Your numbers do tend to drop and you draw more defensive attention, if your second best player is injured and your starting center is absolutely useless at rebounding, scoring, and defending.

21 year old Lebron with absolute scrubs on his team:
Wizards (5th in Off Rtg and 22nd in Def Rtg) - 36/7/6 on 60%
Pistons (4th in Off Rtg and 5th in Def Rtg) - 27/9/6 on 52%

Also, why are you ignoring the Finals?
Kobe - 25/8/6/2/1 on 50%
Lebron - 25/11/7/2/1 on 53%

Last edited by aj1987 : 01-02-2014 at 08:24 PM.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #94
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,884
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Before the Finals, the best player on the Lakers was averaging 29/15/3/2 on 56% TS and 33/16/5/3 on 58% in the Finals.

The second best player on the Heat averaged 14/5/5 on 50% TS and the Heat's center averaged 7 RPG. 12/7 on 54% TS. Shaq averaged more than Wade and Bosh COMBINED. Your numbers do tend to drop and you draw more defensive attention, if your second best player is injured and your starting center is absolutely useless at rebounding, scoring, and defending.


way to go after the only part of the post that was semi opinionated since you don't have shit to say against the facts that were posted

TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #95
Solefade
College star
 
Solefade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Wish-A-Niqqa Woods
Posts: 3,880
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
2001 run to the finals

2001 Blazers: (50-32) 6th in Opp PTS/GM. 9th overall in DRT. SRS 5th of 29. Offensive Rating: 7th overall

Kobe: 25/4/8/2 on 57% TS

2001 Kings: (55-27) 13th in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 7th overall. SRS 2nd of 29. Offensive Rating: 9th overall

Kobe: 35/9/4/1 on 59% TS

2001 Spurs: (58-24) 3rd in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 1st overall. SRS. 1st overall. Offensive Rating: 6th Overall

Kobe: 33/7/7/2 on 57% TS


2013 run to the finals

2013 Bucks: (38-44) 20th in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 12th overall. SRS 18th of 30. Offensive Rating: 22nd overall

Lebron: 25/8/7/1 on 68% TS

2013 Bulls: (45-37) 3rd in Opp PTS/GM. Def Rtg 6th overall. SRS 14th of 30 Offensive Rating: 23rd overall

Lebron: 24/7/8/2 on 57% TS


2013 Pacers: (49-32) 2nd in OPP PTS/GM. Def Rtg 1st overall. SRS 9th of 30. Offensive Rating: 20th overall

Lebron: 29/7/5/1 on 61% TS



Lebron went through an entire eastern conference without having to play a 50 win team. In 2001, the Lakers led by Kobe through the WCSF & WCF faced 50 win teams in every round, including a 58 win Spurs team in the WCF.

Not only were the teams the 2001 Lakers facing better defensively than Lebrons competition.. they were HEAD AND SHOULDERS better offensively.

The only two good defensive teams Lebron faced (Chicago & IND) were in the bottom 10 of the ENTIRE LEAGUE offensively. While the teams the Lakers were facing throughout the entire Western Conference playoffs were all TOP 10 offensive teams in the entire league..


This is a 22YO Kobe shredding through better teams than a prime Lebron with better scoring and better overall stats in a some series..


Just sit your ass down and watch the youtube video OP posted of the top 5 GOAT playoff performances kthx
Solefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #96
Frozen1
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brazil
Posts: 804
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

People don´t usually talk about it, but this game was the most clutch thing lebron did in his whole career.

Elimination game on the road. Lose it and you and the entire big three are the greatest failure of sports. But he goes there and scores 30 in the first half missing only 2 shots i think. The only game in the heat era that he dominated from start to finish and literally won the game by himself.

Much clutcher than 2013 finals game 7. If miami had lost it, they would still have a ring to be proud of themselves.
Frozen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #97
Derka
Go C's!
 
Derka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: None of your goddamn business.
Posts: 10,578
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

What a game.

There was literally nothing the Celtics could have done to stop this performance, short of all aging backwards into their late 20s...and even then?
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 PM   #98
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 7,180
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
way to go after the only part of the post that was semi opinionated since you don't have shit to say against the facts that were posted

I would, but I have no idea why you're comparing one of Kobe's best playoff runs to one of Lebron's more mediocre ones. Even then, it's arguable that Lebron is better. Show's how good a player he is that you're comparing the best to a mediocre one.

Also, you brought up context by including the team records and ratings. I did the same by pointing out the roster differences and the injuries to KEY Heat players.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:30 AM   #99
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,805
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

I watched this game again. Lebron turned Super Saiyan in this series against a very great defensive team. 2012 Celtics had a better defensive rating than the 2008 Celtics and 2010 Celtics.

2012 Boston Celtics : Def Rtg: 98.2 (1st of 30)

2010 Boston Celtics: Def Rtg: 103.8 (5th of 30)

2008 Boston Celtics: Def Rtg: 98.9 (1st of 30)
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #100
Illuminati
All Through Your Body
 
Illuminati's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,288
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Legendary performance.
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #101
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,805
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati
Legendary performance.


33/11/6 on 53 FG% vs. a 98.2 (defensive rating) aka the best defensive team in the league since the 2004 Detroit Pistons.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:44 AM   #102
215Philly
Good High School Starter
 
215Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 963
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

This game really saved his legacy
215Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:51 AM   #103
6 for 24
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
6 for 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The fertile plains of Mozambiq
Posts: 235
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

I wish my fellow Kobe fans wouldn't hate on LeBron so much. This was an excellent game by "the King". His PER™ score for the game was 35, which is very solid, particularly for the playoffs. I would rank it slightly below this game by Kobe, which was played under the very similar pressure-packed circumstances on the road of the conference Finals. Kobe's game was a bit better (with a PER of 40) but we can overlook that when adjusting for the era. That is the wonderful thing about my revolutionary new PER system: it is very easy to see how players stack up against one another.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:53 AM   #104
215Philly
Good High School Starter
 
215Philly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 963
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 for 24
I wish my fellow Kobe fans wouldn't hate on LeBron so much. This was an excellent game by "the King". His PER™ score for the game was 35, which is very solid, particularly for the playoffs. I would rank it slightly below this game by Kobe, which was played under the very similar pressure-packed circumstances on the road of the conference Finals. Kobe's game was a bit better (with a PER of 40) but we can overlook that when adjusting for the era. That is the wonderful thing about my revolutionary new PER system: it is very easy to see how players stack up against one another.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
215Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:18 AM   #105
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox
 
ballinhun8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ehhhh, BANDWAGON BOSTON
Posts: 4,752
Default Re: Lebrons 45-15-5 game vs Celtics Game 6 (video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
33/11/6 on 53 FG% vs. a 98.2 (defensive rating) aka the best defensive team in the league since the 2004 Detroit Pistons.



You know, I know, the WHOLE BOARD knows that even though there "defensive rating" may be better than the 2010 and 2008 C's squad, THAT Celtics team was not a better defensive unit than either of their counterparts.


To say they were the best defensive team since the 04 pistons is ludicrous. Numbers can only justify so little.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy