Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

Default The Wire - The Best Season?

Once again, I've been inspired to create an entirely new thread to breakaway from another topic with a somewhat similar debate. The topic was regarding most watched TV shows or what have you; this thread will focus specifically on one show, The Wire. Now, I realize not everyone has HBO access, but fortunately for you, the first three seasons are available to purchase on DVD. No matter your preference in television, there's very little chance you'll dislike this highly acclaimed program. In fact, a handful of so called experts would agree The Wire is the best thing on TV, ever.

David Simon, the creator and storyline engineer, continues to impress the masses season after season. The show is masterful and grandly compelling. In fact, The Wire is really the only TV show that I consider for myself a must see program. What's so special about The Wire is the non-fictional setting, and how David Simon creates plot after plot that gives outside viewers a real look at urban society from the eyes of all those engaged in the environment (citizens, policemen, drug dealers, politicians, etc). The show feels so realistic, you almost feel as if you're there while viewing.

Each season presents a new concept or theme, however using most of the same exact characters (or actors). By popularity, Season 3 is the winner. My personal favorite was Season 2, probably because it was the most unique and different from the other seasons. Now to me, Season 4 was a bit of a letdown considering the supreme greatness that was Season 3. It's also been confirmed that a last and final season (Season 5) will go under production sometime in the next couple of years.

Here's my ranking of best season to least-best season, least-best because there's no such thing as "worst" season.

Season 2
Season 3
Season 1
Season 4

What's your ranking, and maybe even why?
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Season 3 is the most entertaining of all

Season 1 is the most calculated and detailed

Season 2 is the most dramatic

Season 4 is the most complex
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
Josh
Deity ★ Persona

I agree with your assessment on the seasons. Is that your ranking of favorites?
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

Default re

where can I buy season 2?, I finished season 1 a couple days ago and now im hooked.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: