Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2006, 06:43 PM   #31
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

i reckon the lakers could try to trade chris mihm and #26 for one of new orleans picks (12 or 15) giving new orleans a good young solid centre and a 1st rounder, then the lakers could go with ronnie brewer, sing marcus banks to the MLE and run

PG Banks / Parker
SG Kobe / Wafer
SF Brewer / Walton
PF Odom / Turiaf
CT Brown / Bynum

craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:46 PM   #32
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people

Yeah man i think that trade would work out well, but i would take rodney carney instead. He is one of those under the radar a little bit .. that guy can jump out of the building and is one of the most athletic kids in the draft. I would take Carney over Brewer because he does'nt have a J which could catch up to him and hurt him.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #33
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
james white can shoot 3's? Dam, you learn something new everyday.

According to the report I read, James White did shoot really well during his last workout and the Laker braintrust believes he can be a good shooter. I'm just passing along the info I read.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #34
tydal
I airball my layups

tydal has an OK reputation so far
Default Kidd won't fit in

Quote:
Originally Posted by WADE MONEY
maybe he meant something like Odom, parker, and walton + 26th pick for kidd, so the deal would actually work under cap

I don't see this happening, traditional point guards aren't good in the triangle offense. Kidd best asset is passing and he wouldn't be able to do it in that offense.
tydal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:54 PM   #35
TeamKobeBryant24
Banned

TeamKobeBryant24 has no real reputation yet.

James White, that's interesting.

NBA Comparison: Maurice Evans

Strengths: Blessed with world class athleticism/leaping ability ... Gets up with the best of them ... Very good quickness, and good first step ... Has experience after staying in college all four years ... An underrated passer, he's got good vision and plays unselfish ... Handles the ball well, at times bringing the ball up for the Bearcats ... A good defender on the perimeter with his long arms and quickness ...

Weaknesses: Still very raw. Jump shot and handle need refinement ... Has not shown the ability to add much strength to his frame ... Cannot handle contact, and rarely gets dunks in traffic ... Needs to get much stronger, improve defensively, gain consistency. Has not broken into the top notch college player that many expected ... Has a tough time with consistency and assertiveness ... Why he hasn't broken into a dominant player is anyone's guess, he has the talent, just hasn't put it together...

Last edited by TeamKobeBryant24 : 06-25-2006 at 06:58 PM.
TeamKobeBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:11 PM   #36
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKobeBryant24
James White, that's interesting.

NBA Comparison: Maurice Evans

Strengths: Blessed with world class athleticism/leaping ability ... Gets up with the best of them ... Very good quickness, and good first step ... Has experience after staying in college all four years ... An underrated passer, he's got good vision and plays unselfish ... Handles the ball well, at times bringing the ball up for the Bearcats ... A good defender on the perimeter with his long arms and quickness ...

Weaknesses: Still very raw. Jump shot and handle need refinement ... Has not shown the ability to add much strength to his frame ... Cannot handle contact, and rarely gets dunks in traffic ... Needs to get much stronger, improve defensively, gain consistency. Has not broken into the top notch college player that many expected ... Has a tough time with consistency and assertiveness ... Why he hasn't broken into a dominant player is anyone's guess, he has the talent, just hasn't put it together...

Phil Jackson could help White realize his full potential. If he puts it all together, he could be a valuable role player for the Lakers and at the 26th pick, that's all you can ask for really. A good role player.

This James White draft rumor caught me by surprise.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #37
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

Hope they draft James White
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:20 PM   #38
TeamKobeBryant24
Banned

TeamKobeBryant24 has no real reputation yet.

I prefer LA draft Rajon Rondon, or could be Sam coming to the real LA team?
TeamKobeBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #39
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKobeBryant24
I prefer LA draft Rajon Rondon, or could be Sam coming to the real LA team?

Rondo will be off the board by the time the Lakers make their pick and I expect Sam Cassell will finish his career as a Clipper.

Joel Freeland is an intriguing prospect who could be available at 26. He has more upside than the other big men who are slated to be late first or early second round picks.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #40
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

How the fucck do you make a thread about who the Lakers are going to draft at #26 when we don't even have a clue who the top 3 picks are going to be?

Some people..............
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #41
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

PHXsunsROCK1105 has decent reputation

Quincy Douby, without a doubt.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #42
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

...someone who can score other than kobe.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: