Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Why can't the Knicks play defense?

I am at a loose.......

I don't understand why they can't play defense. It seems some guys are trying very hard and some just go "defense, what's that?".

Not to mention the complete loose of composure sometimes.

Not to mention Zeke's horrible rotation. He can't start Lee at the 3 because there is no help defense and Lee gets into foul trouble.

The other comments are "Oh, I have to play defense?". Or how about "Hey, that's not my man".

Clyde said it best, "see the ball, see the man".

It seems certain players only care about the game when the basketball is in there hands.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't the Knicks play defense?

Dolan has to step up. No one on the bench or coaching is putting any effort or heart into it. It's his team. He should shake things up. Can't rely on the players or the coaches for a turn around. That's what I'd do if it was my team.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
LouV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LouV has an OK reputation so far

It is Isiah's greatest weakness as a coach -- the team doesn't rotate well; their idea of defense seems to be, let's hope the guy misses the open jumper.

It seems that the open guy is always due to the fact that all the Knick big men are inside, grouped together, helping Curry out. Seems the word on beating the Knicks is drive inside against Curry, who's weak defensively; this causes David Lee or Channing Frye to come inside to help out, leaving their man wide open on the perimeter.

Curry remains their achilles heel defensively. He needs to improve. Become Bill Cartwright at least on defense.

And Isiah Thomas should hire a top-notch defensive assistant coach, to teach better team and man-to-man defense. Like Jeff Van Gundy was to Pat Riley.
LouV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

How many times have we seen the long faces of guys like Lee and Frye because they are working their butts off on defense and a guy scores on them. Nobody communicated, nobody helped.

I see Frye run around like a maniac trying to cover the other team. Going from man to man working his butt off. Yes he hasn't blossomed yet but he puts out effort on defense and rebounding. In all honesty I think he could put up better numbers than Curry as a center and play D, block shots and do a lot more of the little things like passing.

We sit around waiting for Curry to be an allstar. Losing game after game as guys like Lee, Frye and Balkman get more disenchanted and start counting the days they can go to a team were they are properly utilized.

The shine of blue and orange is wearing off for those guys. Any team in the league would want both Frye and Lee in a heartbeat. You can't say that about any other Knick player so why isn't Isiah making those two guys the core of this team.

Why because he has invested too much money in crap.

He's playing contracts and not the players who deserve to be rewarded by making them the focal points of the team.

Curry as of now does not deserve to be an allstar or the go to guy.

This team will keep on losing until the reality of our roster is addressed and I don't think Zeke will do that.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

Yea, honestly its time for Isiah to go. Anyways, remember this "team" isnt meant to play defense. Thats why some players didnt want LB. Then Isiah gets the job at the beginning of the season and everyone was going crazy on how Isiah and the Knicks where going to be a Run & Gun team...well that didnt happen and this team still suxxx, and their need to be major changes.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

it's all mental.

like they say, playing basketball at a high level is 10% ability, 90% mental toughness.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #7
Derek
Good High School Starter

Derek has an OK reputation so far

Because you have 15 ignorant fools who each think they are God's gift to basketball.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: