Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-31-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
hoopia
I brick open layups

Default Hey Knick fans..Want your opinion on this..

The pathetic East proposal.You play G.M.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of pity,What if David Stern allowed us to combine players from Atlantic teams to form a cohesive and competitive team .Who would you pick from each team?
Stipulation:1- Pick not more than four players from each team
2-Disregard current injured players (like R.J.,Nenad K.,P.Pierce etc.) 3- Pick a Coach from atlantic Coaches too.....ha ha this should be fun, some might go nuts. but you have to.

With this new unified Atlantic team, Do you think its good enough to win the N B A title?

Ok ....lemme see how good a GM you gonna be,have fun.

also, It be nice to hear your reasoning behind picking each player,what they bring to the table etc..etc..
hoopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: Hey Knick fans..Want your opinion on this..

They'd still beat us. One condition Stern would make would be Isiah would have to be coach.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Lemme analyze the East and I'll have a team and a coach by the end of the night. Without hesitation though I'd have my first pick be DAVID "THE BEAST" LEE. No doubt!!
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopia
The pathetic East proposal.You play G.M.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of pity,What if David Stern allowed us to combine players from Atlantic teams to form a cohesive and competitive team .Who would you pick from each team?
Stipulation:1- Pick not more than four players from each team
2-Disregard current injured players (like R.J.,Nenad K.,P.Pierce etc.) 3- Pick a Coach from atlantic Coaches too.....ha ha this should be fun, some might go nuts. but you have to.

With this new unified Atlantic team, Do you think its good enough to win the N B A title?

Ok ....lemme see how good a GM you gonna be,have fun.

also, It be nice to hear your reasoning behind picking each player,what they bring to the table etc..etc..

well your starting lineup would look something like this:
PG Jason Kidd
SG Vince Carter
C Eddy Curry
SF Andre Iguodala
PF Chris Bosh

then add to your bench some guys like tj ford, marbury, frye, lee, qrich, szczerbiak, korver, dalembert, korver, a.miller, or some role players and you have a good chance at a title.
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:57 PM   #5
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Here it goes...

I'd try to literally CRUSH the Western Conference from where the new NBA Champ will emerge.

My PG would be Andre Miller. Reason: He feels he has something to prove against the West and he took the Nuggets (a team Knick fans despise) apart. Plus: He's an awesome passer.

My SG would have to be Vince Carter. Reason: He has that killer instinct and flare that a Championship team needs. Plus: He's very explosive and gives you your moneys worth either with a dunk or finishing a team off with a long distance three. He's a great addition to any team. He CAN create.

My SF would have to be David Lee. Reason: I want to start strong and with someone who will give me quality minutes from the first whistle to the last. Plus: Against the West you need as many second chance points that you can. He WILL give you the heart and determination that you need in this league to win a Championship.

My PF would have to be Chris Bosh. Reason: Versatility for his size. He can defend the PF or the C if a double team was needed. Plus: He can score and is a BLOCKER. You need that intimidating presence to back up you C just in case he isn't in position for the rotation on D.

My C would have to Eddie Curry. Reason: He can beat any C down the court and he has developed a decent post up game. Plus: He's young and more agile than MOST of the C's in the West. The guy is a great inside scorer. The West likes to run and gun and he would be able to keep up with ANY of them.

My Sixth man would have to be Wally Sczerbiak. Reason: He's a guy that can shoot, pass and handle the rock. He has size and can play various positions. His size makes him hard to match up against. Plus: You just know he wants to get back at Minnesota.

The rest of my team would have to be: Jason Kidd, Andre Igoudala, Morris Peterson, Al Jefferson, Samuel Dalembert and Stephon Marbury.

My Coach would have to be Pat Riley. Reason: Championships in both Conferences. He is the man in the East compared to the other coaches in that Conference right now. Plus: He's got the Championship attitude and the cool air to him that should rub off on the players.

I think it's a Championship team.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:33 AM   #6
knicks15
Local High School Star

miller ahead of kidd cuz he wants to beat the west? LOL
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:02 AM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

[quote=Amigo].

My Coach would have to be Pat Riley.

[quote]

The coach has to be from an Atlantic Division team.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #8
hoopia
I brick open layups

Default knick15 line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
well your starting lineup would look something like this:
PG Jason Kidd
SG Vince Carter
C Eddy Curry
SF Andre Iguodala
PF Chris Bosh

then add to your bench some guys like tj ford, marbury, frye, lee, qrich, szczerbiak, korver, dalembert, korver, a.miller, or some role players and you have a good chance at a title.

KNICK15 ....I really like ur line up,except that I'd rather start Dallembert instead of Curry for rebounds and defensive purposes.I like joe johnson as well
Old 02-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #9
hoopia
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Here it goes...

My Coach would have to be Pat Riley. Reason: Championships in both Conferences. He is the man in the East compared to the other coaches in that Conference right now. Plus: He's got the Championship attitude and the cool air to him that should rub off on the players.

I think it's a Championship team.

Amigo, man that was a good line up except that u cant have Riley only from the atlantic team coaches ,sorry if I misled u. Doc Rivers maybe?

Last edited by hoopia : 02-01-2007 at 04:26 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #10
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Default Re: knick15 line up

Quote:
KNICK15 ....I really like ur line up,except that I'd rather start Dallembert instead of Curry for rebounds and defensive purposes.I like joe johnson as well

Hoopia, Joe Johnson isn't on an Atlantic Division team.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #11
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Amigo, man that was a good line up except that u cant have Riley only from the atlantic team coaches ,sorry if I misled u. Doc Rivers maybe?

I'll be the coach. Can't do worse than what they have done in the Atlantic. For the ass clown that laughed at Miller over Kidd go play with your hole. I said that he has something to prove against Denver. Like when he made them his women the game they played a couple of weeks ago.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:23 PM   #12
Xman DoublD
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PG - Miller
SG - Carter
SF - Iguodala
PF - Bosh
C - Curry

Subs - Kidd, Lee, Sczerbiak, Dalembert, J. Johnson

Last edited by Xman DoublD : 02-02-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Xman DoublD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:55 PM   #13
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Why do people keep on picking JJ? He isn't on an atlantic division team. Unless there are different rules from the one posted in the Raps forum.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

PG-Kidd/Marbury/Miller
SG-Carter/Crawford/Parker
SF-Iguodala/Jefferson/QRich
PF-Bosh/Lee
C-Curry/AlJeff
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #15
MustangDoug
Can barely lace up my sneakers

It's sad that this is even a topic of discussion.
MustangDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: