Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
No Name
derp

No Name has decent reputation
Default Back down the defender really fawkin hard?

stupid question but is it legal to back down your defender while posting up hard as ***? like i mean if some skinny dude is guarding me can i freight train them backwards and they fall down? lol
No Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
C_lake2802
I airball my layups

C_lake2802 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Back down the defender really fawkin hard?

umm i guess in streetball u could. even tho it be kind of a dick move to be honest. Organized ball your probably gonna get a charge
C_lake2802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_lake2802
umm i guess in streetball u could. even tho it be kind of a dick move to be honest. Organized ball your probably gonna get a charge

This.

To avoid being an ass/getting a charge, I generally spin off people in the post. If they stay with you, it means they will bite for your shot fake too. Send them to the sky and score.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Not if you are just backing up with your rump you can back em underneath the rim or til they fall down til your hearts content... but as soon as you start putting your shoulder into em that's an offensive foul. Watch Kobe post, he does it the right way and never gets called for an offensive foul and nobody even bothers flopping cus they know they won't get the call. Watch Howard post, he does it the wrong way and gets called for it sometimes.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When faced with someone attempting the super power backdown, I'd recommend pulling the chair a time or two (i.e. stepping away when they blast in looking for contact). If nothing else, it may cause your opponent to back down with a little more care: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9COZcS_v0c
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: