Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #91
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugsfreak
have any ideas for Gloves new avatar after the sonics loose tommarow night?
anyone?
Keep on dreaming...the more u talk, the worser the avatar u'll get
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #92
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
Now this is only 1 game and it's Memphis, but right now, I don't I'd wanna see Denver on the schedule. I think the Nets play them on their trip. They are gonna be tough to defend.

we play the nets this saturday.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:17 AM   #93
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Keep on dreaming...the more u talk, the worser the avatar u'll get
same here bubba !

it is on !
Old 01-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #94
Glove_20
The Expert

Quote:
same here bubba !

it is on !
Can't wait to shut up too
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:25 AM   #95
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

melo finishes with 28, AI finishes with 23
Old 01-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #96
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

too bad all of this is overshadowing a very good game from Pau
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 AM   #97
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
Can't wait to shut up too
see ya tommarow !
Old 01-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #98
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

I told you hahahaha....most started taking our names saying melo and ai wont work toghether...
this is just the begining...we will dismantle every team..first half 38 - 18....
haha

and what i like about this team is that its not like the sixers one...here unlike webber melo is helping AI...and other then melo there are also good players ...marcus camby is great also...i been fan of him since nyk days...
i am happy for the victory...hope we put a huge wining streak to shut everyone and be first in our division easily
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #99
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

anyone see this on yahoo?
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:37 AM   #100
Zombles
Local High School Star

Melo and Iverson had decent games but I think Blake's running of the offense and Camby's defense/rebounding were at least as important.

looking like a real good pick-up so far. better then the midget at least.

and man Pau got no help tonight.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:00 AM   #101
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Melo and Iverson had decent games but I think Blake's running of the offense and Camby's defense/rebounding were at least as important.

looking like a real good pick-up so far. better then the midget at least.

and man Pau got no help tonight.

Huge pickup.

If the Nugz somehow get to the finals, Blake would be the missing piece.

They don't necessarily need him to play the point. But finally having 2 pgs that play defense or at the very least try with Blake and AI as compared to Miller and Boykins (who seriously couldn't). And have 2 pgs that can stretch the floor and shoot 3s, and have 2 willing to create for others.

Just so happens, he's been playing great enough to start and JR is able to give the instant offense that Boykins used to bring.

Blake gives them the versatility to have 2 guys that can push the ball and not really give them a liability because Blake can defend so well, he really gave Miller trouble tonight. And though he can score, he gives AI/JR/Melo/and the rest more shots, while he does everything else well and just create plays and hit open jumpers and push the ball. There's no way Boykins could play 30 minutes and just take 8 shots.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 01-23-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 AM   #102
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
the thuggish stuff for both melo and AI is all hog wash, I have had a rare chance to meet melo while at the 16th street mall next to the pepsi center one night and the "kid" (he's one year older than me) is one of the nicest sports personalities I have met. if you have a chance to meet him, talk basketball with him, he is very knowledgeable.

Cool..............When he was in Philly last year ball went into the stand at shoot around first row floor seats I mean he went to get it and one persona sked him for a auto next thing you know everyone started running from tunnel up to those floor seat lol he signed a lot though.

Arenas actually is nice not only does he throw jerseys up after every game I all most had one one time ah I was made I did not get it. lol But year he signs a lot for a star now also.
Serge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 05:12 AM   #103
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
ive heard both horror stories and some really cool stories about AI.

i've personally gotten to meet him twice. the first time we stopped and chatted for a minute or two. i didnt bug him for an autograph or anything. we talked about downtown D.C. and then about his hands (one of his thumbs was broken and the other was sprained and he was actually pissed the Sixers staff was making him sit out ). he just seemed really down to earth.

the second time was basically just a handshake and hellos when we walked past eachother in a parking lot. friendly guy. i think the "thug" stuff is true (or was true when he was younger) but he seems like a cool guy.

LOL yea he does always wanna play one of the reasons I respect him even more he plays hurt. So what horror stories you say?

Anyway he had been stoping in Philly after games when he comes out I guess for safty reasons. But inside when ever he shoots around way before the game he will sign, but that is rare. Usually pre season, or first game of the season he will come out to shoot way before the game. Then he just shoots around like 10-15 min before the game when they all come out.

But he is nice even though he don't stop out side. But also I seen him get mad when he was talking to his family once he said guys sorry I am not signing I am talking to my family now, and I will sign inside but please give me and my family some space.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:15 AM   #104
Serge
Great young streetballer

Quote:
what is so "super" about them? their record=no their players= heck i havn't even heard of. hmmm let me think for a minute oh yeah Ray allen is the only player that I have heard of and what has he done lately?

And they got Shard Lewis. But yea any team can beat a team any night so if they lose it's not the end of the world. Even last years worse Knicks won a game or a few against some top teams I am sure.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #105
Serge
Great young streetballer

WOW what a game even though it was only Memphis.

But yea AI 9-16 23 points 6 shy from 20,000 that is just crazy for a guy who is not even really 6'0. He also had 7 assists, 2 steals, and 4 rebounds. He did have 6 turnovers, but I am sure the more they play together the more the turnovers for AI will end up going down.

Melo was actually not really forcing shots not sure why some think so. He just did not make any shots he made dunks/lay-ups.

28 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 assists first game back shooting 10-25 but it's his first game he will be fine shooting % wise also.

Camby had 17 points, 17 boards, 3 blocks, 3 assists he was 6-11 shooting.

Blake 12 assists only 1 turnover.

JR Smith shooting 7-18 with 5 boards, and 19 points. He was streaky made a few in a row missed a few in a row pretty much.

Role players did good pretty much 5 guys had atleast 10 points.

And damn that pass AI made ally oop for Melo for the dunk Melo had to go so far back to get that one WOW. AI said after the game......................

"I wanted to throw it up high so he could make SportsCenter," Iverson cracked. "No, it was a bad pass, honestly. He just showed what type of athlete he is, he went up there and got it."

Then Melo was about to post up did a turn around went to the hoop AI thru the ball up to him for another ally oop great game.

Wish it was not just Memphis though cause they do suck. hahaha
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: