Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #1561
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Can't wait to see NU get smoked and Georgia fans will bitch about how they should've been there
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #1562
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

All I know is La Tech needs to fire their AD and get rid of anyone else in power that thought it was a good idea for them to tell the Independence Bowl they were waiting for better options to open.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 AM   #1563
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Outback (South Carolina v. Michigan), Capital One (UGA v. Nebraska), Cotton (TAMU v. Oklahoma) all seem to be pretty promising.
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #1564
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
All I know is La Tech needs to fire their AD and get rid of anyone else in power that thought it was a good idea for them to tell the Independence Bowl they were waiting for better options to open.
Just came here to post this.

What a stupid decision. Now they won't even be in a bowl.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #1565
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I like NIU-FSU. Non-AQ teams are 5-2 in BCS bowls, and one of those losses when Boise was pitted vs TCU.

FSU thought they were going to be in the national title mix, so their season is a disappointment. NIU is ecstatic to have a chance to prove they belong.

Bowl games are often decided more by who wants it than who has the most blue chip recruits.

BTW, the QB from NIU is a player.

Oh come on dude. You really go balls deep with this underdog non-AQ bullshit.

They lost to Iowa dude. A bottom of the barrel Big 10 team. They don't belong. You had a case with Boise St all those years but you're wrong on this one. Sure they may have a chance against Fla St. They're an ACC team but NIU doesn't belong in a BCS bowl. You can't complain about the system and then support a move like this. It's hypocritical.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #1566
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

When is the OP going to post again? LOL @ OSU losing to Baylor.

And lol @ Baylor thinking they're actually good.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #1567
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

just bought my tickets to the holiday bowl.
does anyone (texans possibly) know if baylor travels well?

Edit: nvm, the answer is no.

Last edited by beer : 12-03-2012 at 03:43 AM.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #1568
Balla_Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer

They have an attendance of 15,000. I can bet not many live outside of Texas. They have a living alumni of about 120k and barely any t shirt fans outside of Waco.

I've got my money on Baylor winning. They turned it up the past three games and have a pretty good offense. Their defense is terrible though.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 12-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #1569
fpliii
NBA All-star

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I'm sure most Stanford fans feel this way, but I have no doubt in my mind you guys would be undefeated if hogan started at the beginning of the season. Good luck at the rose bowl.

thanks! gl to you too

fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #1570
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

they bought all of 850 tickets out of 3,500 for their final trip to Kyle Field last year. Waco is about 90 miles from College Station.

they have a tarp in their endzone that covers several thousand seats and they havent taken it off in years.

this year when they beat #1 Kansas State at home, the attendance was listed at 38K. Their stadium seats 50K if they take off the tarp.

last year, in one of if not their best seasons ever, they failed to fill their stadium to capacity even once.

Almost all of their biggest attendance numbers are from when A&M and Texas have games there. But its not full of Baylor fans. Its a virtual home game for both Texas and A&M.

Last edited by kentatm : 12-03-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #1571
Balla_Status

Quote:

they bought all of 850 tickets out of 3,500 for their final trip to Kyle Field last year. Waco is about 90 miles from College Station.

they have a tarp in their endzone that covers several thousand seats and they havent taken it off in years.

this year when they beat #1 Kansas State at home, the attendance was listed at 38K. Their stadium seats 50K if they take off the tarp.

last year, in one of if not their best seasons ever, they failed to fill their stadium to capacity even once.

Almost all of their biggest attendance numbers are from when A&M and Texas have games there.

I went to the Baylor vs. A&M game in 2010. It was at Baylor. I think I got tickets the day before the game with a couple of friends...so sad. We are their Super Bowl. Now they have no rivalry.

And then we whooped that ass. A&M took up one side of the entire arena and the other side was at least 60/40 in favor of Baylor. They're some of the most delusional fans out there. They have a good three weeks and think their offense can take on any SEC team out there. Pretty sad.

I drove and I forgot I had front light out. Cops were all over my ass on the drive back. One cop (second time we got pulled over) was a HUGE dick asking me what I had to drink and all that. And even shined a flashlight in my car (we were wearing aggie gear).

The first cop that pulled us over for it asked us if we won and we said yes and he smiled a little bit.

Got pulled over a third time as well. Ridiculous.

Then they have their best season ever and get a heisman winner and get their ass raped with no lube behind a shed at Kyle Field. And we weren't even that great last year.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1572
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
I went to the Baylor vs. A&M game in 2010. It was at Baylor. I think I got tickets the day before the game with a couple of friends...so sad. We are their Super Bowl. Now they have no rivalry.

last time I could bring myself to go to Waco was in 06. Their student section chanted "Aggies suck" all through the National Anthem. By the second quarter, the restrooms on the visitor side had flooded a sea of piss and shit into the concourse area.

I was very happy to be there for their biggest attendance ever as Mike Goodson, Stephen McGee, Javorski Lane, and Martellus Bennett ran all over them dashing their hopes yet again.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1573
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Oh come on dude. You really go balls deep with this underdog non-AQ bullshit.

They lost to Iowa dude. A bottom of the barrel Big 10 team. They don't belong. You had a case with Boise St all those years but you're wrong on this one. Sure they may have a chance against Fla St. They're an ACC team but NIU doesn't belong in a BCS bowl. You can't complain about the system and then support a move like this. It's hypocritical.

Where did I make a case for or against NIU or any team?

Simply said that I'm interested in the matchup, and that bowls like this often end up going to an underdog who carses more about being there.

Not one comment about the BCS or whether a team should/should not have been selected. Wasn't even part of the discussion to which I responded.

Get your panties out of a bunch.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #1574
Balla_Status

Quote:

last time I could bring myself to go to Waco was in 06. Their student section chanted "Aggies suck" all through the National Anthem. By the second quarter, the restrooms on the visitor side had flooded a sea of piss and shit into the concourse area.

I was very happy to be there for their biggest attendance ever as Mike Goodson, Stephen McGee, Javorski Lane, and Martellus Bennett ran all over them dashing their hopes yet again.

Yeah, the last time they beat us it could legitimately be claimed it was a rebuilding year. God we were terrible that year.

Two years ago we went 9-3 and then last year...we were good but just blew it in the second half too many times.

I was on vacation last week in the caribbean and I met this old dude who asked me if I had ever been to Waco (mentioned I was from Texas) and I said, "unfortunately yes. It might be the worst city in Texas."

Dude seemed offended...his niece goes or went to Baylor. He himself never went to Waco and maybe I was being a little bit of a dick but was just being honest. I remember driving through it with my parents on the way to houston and thinking it was a shithole. And this was way before I was an aggie fan.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 12-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #1575
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

butch jones expected to be the next head coach of colorado.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: