Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #301
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Does OU suck or what
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #302
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
24-7 and UTEP was lucky as hell to get that 7.

OU looked great, Jones looked fantastic...

UTEP does have a great RB in Jeffrey though...
Old 09-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #303
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

“Their defense is the real deal. They are the best defense I’ve seen in my tenure as a football coach.”

- murray state coach, chris hatcher

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/0...#storylink=cpy

blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #304
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
Does OU suck or what

It is too bad we couldn't schedule the pee wee team you guys beat up on. Just remember you are coming to Norman this year.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #305
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
“Their defense is the real deal. They are the best defense I’ve seen in my tenure as a football coach.”

- murray state coach, chris hatcher

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/0...#storylink=cpy

Quite honestly, I'm rooting for every team in the country to win a National Championship who isn't in the SEC. Florida State would be fine.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #306
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Florida States defense is absolutely filthy this year. Those recruiting classes are paying off..now if EJ Manuel can play well, then they are legit.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #307
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Quite honestly, I'm rooting for every team in the country to win a National Championship who isn't in the SEC. Florida State would be fine.

who's your team? OSU? michigan? SEC doesn't bother me really aside from UF of course. i guess i'm supposed to be a pac-12 guy being on the west coast but i'm just not.

i said it before but FSU's success is really going to come down to their o-line. they were woefully inexperienced and injured last year. if they can take a step forward, it's going to be huge. last year, they just struggled trying to establish the run. the first real test will be vs. clemson but i see v-tech being the biggest challenge down the line. blacksburg is never an easy place to play. anxious to see how logan thomas looks for the hokies. hopefully, they can match the physicality.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-03-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #308
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
who's your team? OSU? michigan? SEC doesn't bother me really aside from UF of course. i guess i'm supposed to be a pac-12 guy being on the west coast but i'm just not.

i said it before but FSU's success is really going to come down to their o-line. they were woefully inexperienced and injured last year. if they can take a step forward, it's going to be huge. last year, they just struggled trying to establish the run. the first real test will be vs. clemson but i see v-tech being the biggest challenge down the line. blacksburg is never an easy place to play. anxious to see how logan thomas looks for the hokies. hopefully, they can match the physicality.
I'm a Michigan guy, but that really doesn't factor into my absolute disdain for the SEC.

Of course, it is no secret that it is the best conference out there and has been for the last 7-8 years or so... But that doesn't mean I have to like the arrogance and propaganda machine that is known as CBS.

There is no other conference in college football that has a major network touting its every move and promoting all of its members way beyond anything that can be considered unbiased.

It is the FoxNews of college football.

Way back in 2006, CBS spent hours upon hours during its football coverage explaining why Michigan, who was the No. 2 team in the country, should not play in the National Championship game against Ohio State, who was No. 1 at the time and Michigan's only loss.

Their arguments centered around the fact that "Michigan had its chance at OSU and lost." And, "a team shouldn't get two shots at beating the same team and be awarded a National Championship for it."

Gary Danielson is the worst offender.

For the record, I agreed with those arguments at the time. I didn't think Michigan deserved a spot in the NC that year.

But, flash-forward to 2011... We faced the same exact situation with Alabama and LSU, except CBS was taking the exact opposite stance.

That replay of a National Championship was a farce and should have never happened. I was sick of the SEC before it happened, but that solidified it as public enemy No. 1 in college football for me.

I've just had SEC overload. I'm ready for another team/conference to step forward and take the mantle. Too much hubris down there for my taste.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #309
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

word. well, i definitely don't want to see two SEC teams go at it again just because i want to see a styles clash. i appreciate defense but i just don't want to see another low scoring defensive battle to settle it.

there's teams out there that have stellar offense and an acceptable defense and vice versa. i just got around to watching the WVU game and they have sure do have offensive firepower. i think they can finish in the top 5 even though i'm not sure about their secondary at all.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #310
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Teddy Bridgewater screams first round NFL QB.

ya, he looked pretty damn good. he was able to do all types of throws and was accurate on the run. if there was anything to criticize, it was just that he held onto the ball a little too long at times. overall though? very impressive. the final score also doesn't show how out of hand the game got since bridgewater was pulled in the 3rd quarter.

i questioned if louisville was a ranked team, but the way they played made me think they're legit.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #311
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
It is too bad we couldn't schedule the pee wee team you guys beat up on. Just remember you are coming to Norman this year.

Are you kidding me?

Check out who the Goonz play next week.

Florida A&M. Who is in the same conference and same division as Savannah State.

Let's all just face it. OU showed now signs of improvement in week 1 from a team that went to the Insight.comtoilet Bowl

Old 09-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #312
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

:werd:
Old 09-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #313
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Florida State gets to play Mighty Savannah State this week (after Murray St in Week 1)

Do your best to hold it under 100 points guys, it's going to be hard. We pulled our true freshman starting QB after 5 possessions and had all the starters out at the end of the 1st Q.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #314
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Oklahoma State favored by 13.5 over @Arizona this week.

Me gusta!!!

Glad I got it at 10 points.

Also liking:

Mizzou +3 vs UGA
Texas Tech -17 vs Texas State
UF +1.5 @ TA&M
Toledo +3.5 @Wyoming
Nebraska +4.5 @UCLA
Kansas -9 vs Rice

edit:

Adding

Tulsa -24.5 vs Tulane

Last edited by Cowboy Thunder : 09-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #315
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Florida State DE Brandon Jenkins is out for the year with an injured foot.

This is a huge blow for the Noles defense.

Also, Florida State freshman DE (and one of the top recruits in the country last year) Mario Edwards is upset with his role and skipped the team meal on Friday and didn't show up to the game on Saturday.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: