Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #496
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

In the newest walterfootball 2013 Mock Draft, Landry Jones is mocked to go in the 3rd round. Has his stock really fallen that far?

Does PT still think this guy is going to be a top 10 pick?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #497
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
In the newest walterfootball 2013 Mock Draft, Landry Jones is mocked to go in the 3rd round. Has his stock really fallen that far?

seems like a bit of an overreaction to the first couple games. he definitely doesn't have the '2nd QB taken off the board' notion locked up like he once did and there's no way in hell i take him ahead of barkley. i'd consider taking wilson over him, for one.
blacknapalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #498
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I just looked at a bunch of other mocks and none of them have Jones as a First round pick.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #499
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
seems like a bit of an overreaction to the first couple games. he definitely doesn't have the '2nd QB taken off the board' notion locked up like he once did and there's no way in hell i take him ahead of barkley. i'd consider taking wilson over him, for one.
I always thought he was overrated as a pro prospect, but I figured he'd at least be a later first round pick.

I'd take Barkley, Wilson, Logan Thomas and Geno Smith (and Tyler Bray if he comes out) ahead of him. TBH.

I think Barkley is a bit overrated as a pro prospect as well (doesn't have great size, doesn't have an elite level arm), but I'd still take him first.

Last edited by irondarts : 09-15-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #500
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I always thought he was overrated.

I'd take Barkley, Wilson, Logan Thomas and Geno Smith and Tyler Bray if he comes out ahead of him. TBH.

i think he's overrated too. i don't think i'd take thomas over him though. thomas is too much potential and i need to see more. smith...maybe. actually ya, i'd probably take smith over him along with the other guys

anyway, the mock draft i pay most attention to mike mayock's. i'm also starting to like mcshay's more and more. don't hate

wow, that back shoulder throw bray just threw? that's NFL caliber.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-15-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #501
irondarts

Quote:
i think he's overrated too. i don't think i'd take thomas over him though. thomas is too much potential and i need to see more. smith...maybe. actually ya, i'd probably take smith over him along with the other guys?

anyway, the mock draft i pay most attention to mike mayock's. i'm also starting to like mcshay's more and more. don't hate
I'd take Logan Thomas in the top 10, but only if I could sit him for a few years. He has scary potential, but he needs grooming.

I also like McShay. I also like Kiper, people hate on him a lot but the man does do his research.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #502
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Robert Woods kind of reminds me of Mike Wallace. He'd look good in orange and brown.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #503
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Quote:
manziel is going to be so good. A&M will have a top flight QB on their hands really soon. guy finished up a monster day with 418 all purpose yards and 6 TDs.

The thing is the back up looked pretty damn good too. That's great to know if Manziel gets injured. What a beast. In the SEC, first there was Tim Tebow. Then there was Cam Newton. Johnny Fcking Football is next. Dude makes plays.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #504
irondarts

@ Tennessee
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #505
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Jeff Driskel has been mad impressive tonight. I'm excited!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #506
irondarts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
Jeff Driskel has been mad impressive tonight. I'm excited!
Yep, he has been very impressive.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #507
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Robert Woods kind of reminds me of Mike Wallace. He'd look good in orange and brown.

woods is good but i honestly think marquis lee is going to be the better WR in the NFL. woods isn't an elite athlete but has good hands and good route running. not a bad comparison.

ugh, vols receivers have the butterfingers
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #508
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Woooooooooooooooo!
GatorKid117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #509
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

omg, hammond just tossed that guy to the side, lol. sit down, tennessee, sit down. this was maybe their best shot at taking out the gators too.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #510
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
woods is good but i honestly think marquis lee is going to be the better WR in the NFL. woods isn't an elite athlete but has good hands and good route running. not a bad comparison.

ugh, vols receivers have the butterfingers
I don't know... I'm still figuring out which guy I like better as an NFL prospect. Lee has better track speed. Woods is the bigger receiver. Their listed heights and weights are pretty close (Woods still has a slight advantage), but just in watching them play, Woods just plays bigger, imo.

I love Woods' route running and hands. Whatever gap there is between the two in pure, top-end speed is made up for by Woods' pure skill. I don't know... In that respect, maybe Greg Jennings is a better comparison than Wallace, who is one of the fastest players in the entire NFL.

Should be interesting to see how each develops on the next level.

Just from glancing at mocks, it appears as though Woods is the higher rated prospect as of this moment. Then again, Lee only being a sophomore, he'll probably be in the 2014 class.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-15-2012 at 09:30 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: