Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #616
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Look at that, another overrated OU team. When is the last time they weren't pretenders? 2000?.
Game's not over, bro.

And OU has made the NC twice since 2000.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #617
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OU just can't stop them on these crucial 3rd downs.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:06 AM   #618
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

BlowU gonna lose
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #619
Balla_Status

Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Game's not over, bro.

And OU has made the NC twice since 2000.

Root for a ****ing Texas team.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 AM   #620
ace23

ace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayace23 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Root for a ****ing Texas team.
I fuck with OU. My uncle went there.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #621
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chris Thompson is fvcking ridiculous. FSU are definitely legit national championship contenders.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #622
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

loved how jones and dent came back in the second half and made up for their mistakes. i'd have to go back and rewatch specific parts of the field/game to see exactly what adjustments were made but in general, underneath coverage was way better. they did get pressure on boyd in the first half. the problem was the coverage in the flats was not there and he was able to continually dump it off for 8 yard passes that turned into first downs. once the noles took that away, boyd had nothing to do but run for a short gain or throw the ball away. werner and carradine especially were popping off that line and beating their man. clemson spent much of the game doubling werner.

gap integrity seemed to be a little better in the second half and i think that defense was starting to figure them out a bit. that defense was much improved in the second half. i think everybody knew their assignments a bit better. after hopkins had that huge receiving TD on the first drive of the game, he was only held to 28 yards on four catches. watkins was mostly held in check all night despite a couple big plays. that didn't even happen in the receiving game...it was that damn TD pass and reverses. kid is a stud, period.

still some issues...penalties, didn't get a 3rd down stop until the second half, o-line gets beat in one on one situations at times, etc, but i'll take this all day. wasn't a dominant victory but they got tested and showed the ability to bounce back and come back from behind.

i want to elaborate on that last point. i don't think last year's team comes back from 14-28 in the 3rd quarter. they were too young, inexperienced and i don't know that manuel was the leader he is now. they hung in there and fought back vs. a very good team. wilder, hunter and jones are all bigger parts of this team as well.

honestly, i was getting really concerned that clemson seemed to be making all the big plays and was not making mistakes. it felt like it could be another fsu letdown. that would be terrible because i really felt this team was legit for the first time in years. i mean, deep down thought they were the best team in the ACC and had to win this game, not only for this year but the future of the program. there were 60+ recruits and possible future commits at the game. i hope they felt that atmosphere and walked away impressed at what is going on at tally. even in a loss last year to oklahoma, 5 star recruit, eddie goldman, fell in love with the aura and decided to commit.

i loved that read option play when manuel pitched it to thompson. i kinda feel that was the turning point and what led to the barrage of 35 points in the second half. from there, that was the most dominating section of the game as fsu only allowed three points in the last 27 minutes. once noles got a hold of that offense, they shut them down. 35-3 and overall in the second half, 35-10.

huge day for manuel. he still lets balls sail but he's so good at read option, that it's okay. his deep pass to smith was a beaut. being accurate on those longs balls are a weakness of his but he was on point for that one. he's taken a lot of crap from the fanbase (myself included), but he was absolutely huge when he needed to be tonight. he had massive expectations coming in but i think we forget that he's still a very good college QB. he just doesn't lose you games. he's never had a weinke vs. nc state moment when he threw pick after pick and gave the game away. teammates even said he gave a speech at a halftime about finishing games.

make no mistake about it...this is manuel's signature win here. career high in passing yards, ran over 100 yards and did it in the biggest game of fisher's coaching tenure so far.

i thought thompkins really wore down clemson and wilder jr came in as the physical back to break their wills. great downfield blocking throughout (except shaw)...pryor and those receivers were getting their hands dirty. pretty stoked right now

as far as clemson, you guys are the new miami imo. this is the new ACC rivalry and i have a feeling we're going at it for years. you guys have invested a ton by paying two coordinators the most in the country. you guys will recruit again and your fanbase is passionate. i think it's obvious you're committed to winning and morris as your OC is a huge asset. guy was putting out incredible packages and plays out there. i have no doubt we're going to make each other better and this is a real, live rivalry. i was never comfortable when your offense was on the field and you have a legit top 5 offense in the nation. your defense will only get better as you have 4 and 5 star recruits all over the field.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-23-2012 at 08:58 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 AM   #623
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RIP 2012 OU Sooners

I knew it wasn't their year after watching the very first game, something just isn't right. I was in a little denial though.

Oh well, next year will be a new start with a new QB, they have some amazing RBs to plan around, they will be a very strong team next year.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:26 AM   #624
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

You guys think this years Notre Dame is for real?
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #625
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Man, I love my Ducks.
Joshumitsu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #626
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally450
You guys think this years Notre Dame is for real?

thought they proved themselves vs. MSU on the road. i don't know what you consider 'for real' as....nat'l contenders? no way. BCS bowl game bound? possible. they'll never win big though imo simply because they seem to have rees always play conservatively. they'll try to win games with their defense and i do think their defense is mostly legit.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #627
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
RIP 2012 OU Sooners

I knew it wasn't their year after watching the very first game, something just isn't right. I was in a little denial though.

Oh well, next year will be a new start with a new QB, they have some amazing RBs to plan around, they will be a very strong team next year.

a little?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:01 AM   #628
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Arkansas losing 28-13 to Rutgers, how soon does John L smith get fired if they end of losing this game?

at the end of the season when they were always going to let hm go

short of winning the SEC and playing in the BCS title game I don't think he ever had a shot at being HC long term
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #629
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A Florida State-Oregon National Championship would be epic.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:34 AM   #630
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

Oregon is gonna move to number 2 simply because they're wearing theyre wearing the rose bowl chrome helmets.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: