Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #931
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I agree they are a team that quits at any adversity. They have been in a number of the games they have lost, but it is like they don't recognize they need to make adjustments at the half to help both sides of the ball, so their opponents come out, punch them in the mouth and they are left looking like Mack Brown after the last two Red River beatings.

you just couldn't wait to get that mack brown shot in huh?

fine by me though...haven't really liked a texan since vince young. you're an okie fan right? i would really look forward to an OU vs. fsu game. time to get some revenge

i know it doesn't that work that way though...fsu vs. the big east team. computers won't let it work any other way. you just can't lose to an unranked team.

best case scenario: fsu beats UF after the gators beat SC and georgia. then they win out and get the acc championship. doubt that even gets them into the NC but i would like to think that gets them into the top 5.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-19-2012 at 08:18 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #932
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
you just couldn't wait to get that mack brown shot in huh?

fine by me though...haven't really liked a texan since vince young. you're an okie fan right? i would really look forward to an OU vs. fsu game. time to get some revenge

i know it doesn't that work that way though...fsu vs. the big east team. computers won't let it work any other way. you just can't lose to an unranked team.

best case scenario: fsu beats UF after the gators beat SC and georgia. then they win out and get the acc championship. doubt that even gets them into the NC but i would like to think that gets them into the top 5.

Are you guys bringing back most of your team next year? If so I think that could definitely be the year you guys don't drop a game and go undefeated. EJ will be a senior then, right? I'm rooting for you guys to put a beating on UF. I wouldn't mind another series against FSU, especially with both teams being stacked. We definitely blew it with the turnovers against KSU. I hope the last two games are a sign that we don't take anything for granted and we run the table the rest of the way.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #933
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Are you guys bringing back most of your team next year? If so I think that could definitely be the year you guys don't drop a game and go undefeated. EJ will be a senior then, right? I'm rooting for you guys to put a beating on UF. I wouldn't mind another series against FSU, especially with both teams being stacked. We definitely blew it with the turnovers against KSU. I hope the last two games are a sign that we don't take anything for granted and we run the table the rest of the way.

thompson will be gone. EJ's a fifth year senior so he's gone. werner will be likely gone and he's our best DE. rhodes is our best corner...again, most likely gone. he should stay another season to really improve his draft stock imo. so ya, we'll have a lot of carryover but the defense should be mostly fine. we recruited really well.

trickett's fine....better pocket passer than EJ but i'm worried that he's 185-190 lbs. he's a smart kid though and knows the playbook. i'm just not sure the team rallies behind him like they do with EJ.

the o-line is still fairly young and if this weekend goes right vs. miami...we should be able to pull in a five star RB and maybe a five star o-lineman. o-line will improve and they should fill out other positions along the way. darby, williams and hunter will all grow on the defensive end.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-19-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #934
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
thompson will be gone. EJ's a fifth year senior so he's gone. werner will be likely gone and he's our best DE. rhodes is our best corner...again, most likely gone. he should stay another season to really improve his draft stock imo. so ya, we'll have a lot of carryover but the defense should be mostly fine. we recruited really well.

trickett's fine....better pocket passer than EJ but i'm worried that he's 185-190 lbs. he's a smart kid though and knows the playbook. i'm just not sure the team rallies behind him like they do with EJ.

the o-line is still fairly young and if this weekend goes right vs. miami...we should be able to pull in a five star RB and maybe a five star o-lineman. o-line will improve and they should fill out other positions along the way. darby, williams and hunter will all grow on the defensive end.
You don't think Jameis Winston will be the starting QB?

Well, I guess Trickett will get his shot, but I can't wait to see Winston.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #935
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Goddamn bomb threat on campus right now.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #936
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
You don't think Jameis Winston will be the starting QB?

Well, I guess Trickett will get his shot, but I can't wait to see Winston.

trickett's been waiting and knows the playbook the best. idk, i personally like coker. big arm and mobile...i think he can be a great QB. just feel that someone will have to really steal the job from trickett or he's the starter.

either way, there's some nice QB's to choose from. i'm not too worried about QB. jimbo has a history of developing them (flynn, ponder).

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-19-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #937
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
trickett's been waiting and knows the playbook the best. idk, i personally like coker. big arm and mobile...i think he can be a great QB. just feel that someone will have to really steal the job from trickett or he's the starter.

either way, there's some nice QB's to choose from. i'm not too worried about QB. jimbo has a history of developing them (flynn, ponder).

Trickett is still as skinny as a praying mantis? He had some nice throws against us when he came in. They did pretty well with him in. He is a more polished thrower, but if he doesn't bulk up he won't last as a starter. I think you guys will be better at quarterback as well. I think EJ is just more of an athlete playing quarterback than a quarterback with athleticism. Your defense will stay nasty with Stoops there. You just need more consistency on the offensive side of the ball. Oklahoma has been the opposite in that we needed consistency on the defensive side. I hope our intensity and attention to detail stays now that we have Mike back coaching the defense. I hope it is a sign we are returning to how we played on both sides of the ball during the early Stoops years.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #938
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
Trickett is still as skinny as a praying mantis? He had some nice throws against us when he came in. They did pretty well with him in. He is a more polished thrower, but if he doesn't bulk up he won't last as a starter. I think you guys will be better at quarterback as well. I think EJ is just more of an athlete playing quarterback than a quarterback with athleticism. Your defense will stay nasty with Stoops there. You just need more consistency on the offensive side of the ball. Oklahoma has been the opposite in that we needed consistency on the defensive side. I hope our intensity and attention to detail stays now that we have Mike back coaching the defense. I hope it is a sign we are returning to how we played on both sides of the ball during the early Stoops years.

haha yes, dude is like 180 still but i think they're trying to get him going on some protein shakes. not sure about his leadership...i sometimes feel he doesn't rally the guys the way that EJ can. so we'll just have to see i guess.

EJ is a good college QB, but never really great. it's safe to say he didn't live up to expectations (top 5 prospect coming out of HS). it'll be interesting where he gets taken in the draft. he has potential with the right QB coach but it's going to take a while. he's a good kid that works hard and has played through injuries before. i wouldn't question his physical toughness but you can doubt his mental toughness. if i'm an NFL team looking at him, i would stay away. he doesn't take criticism too well and he just seems to internalize a lot of it. he struggles to really bounce back after a bad play.

ya, OU's coaching staff seems to be in good hands. who is the QB next year?

if jimbo loses to another unranked team next season, he's going to lose a lot of the fan base. he already lost some after the NC state loss. some people have questioned whether jimbo trusts and respects the rest of his staff. i've heard that he could have ego problems. he's definitely a control freak but he needs to learn to let others contribute and just listen in general. i can't see how he's going to be the main recruiter, head coach, OC and QB coach all at once for the long term. that's too much going on with worrying about recruits, execution and fundamentals in practice, the mental aspect, being prepared, calling plays, working the refs, guiding his QB, etc. problem is...all of that is jimbo's call since fsu's AD is garbage and is basically a powerless lame duck. team could be fierce with the right OC.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-19-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #939
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
haha yes, dude is like 180 still but i think they're trying to get him going on some protein shakes. not sure about his leadership...i sometimes feel he doesn't rally the guys the way that EJ can. so we'll just have to see i guess.

EJ is a good college QB, but never really great. it's safe to say he didn't live up to expectations (top 5 prospect coming out of HS). it'll be interesting where he gets taken in the draft. he has potential with the right QB coach but it's going to take a while. he's a good kid that works hard and has played through injuries before. i wouldn't question his physical toughness but you can doubt his mental toughness. if i'm an NFL team looking at him, i would stay away. he doesn't take criticism too well and he just seems to internalize a lot of it. he struggles to really bounce back after a bad play.

ya, OU's coaching staff seems to be in good hands. who is the QB next year?

if jimbo loses to another unranked team next season, he's going to lose a lot of the fan base. he already lost some after the NC state loss. some people have questioned whether jimbo trusts and respects the rest of his staff. i've heard that he could have ego problems. he's definitely a control freak but he needs to learn to let others contribute and just listen in general. i can't see how he's going to be the main recruiter, head coach, OC and QB coach all at once for the long term. that's too much going on with worrying about recruits, execution and fundamentals in practice, the mental aspect, being prepared, calling plays, working the refs, guiding his QB, etc. problem is...all of that is jimbo's call since fsu's AD is garbage and is basically a powerless lame duck. team could be fierce with the right OC.

I'm guessing the Belldozer will get the first shot at being our starting quarterback. Drew Allen will be second barring a bad showing over the spring. I'd like to see Bell get a chance to throw the ball more and see how he reads defenses just to have a better feel for him come game time.

Does Jimbo play an intricate part in offensive play calling? It does seem like you guys have so many weapons, especially in the back field that you don't know how to use them all at times. Something I think we can relate too as I think early on OU didn't quit know how to call a balanced game. We tried to start off throwing more than running, even though we are breaking in a lot of new guys outside of Stills. Now that we trust the run game the team as a whole looks a lot more relaxed and arent over thinking.

Do you think EJ will get drafted as a quarterback in the later rounds and allowed to sit back and learn or do you think he would be better served by focusing in the off season on learning a different position like wide receiver?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #940
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

Quote:
I'm guessing the Belldozer will get the first shot at being our starting quarterback. Drew Allen will be second barring a bad showing over the spring. I'd like to see Bell get a chance to throw the ball more and see how he reads defenses just to have a better feel for him come game time.

Does Jimbo play an intricate part in offensive play calling? It does seem like you guys have so many weapons, especially in the back field that you don't know how to use them all at times. Something I think we can relate too as I think early on OU didn't quit know how to call a balanced game. We tried to start off throwing more than running, even though we are breaking in a lot of new guys outside of Stills. Now that we trust the run game the team as a whole looks a lot more relaxed and arent over thinking.

Do you think EJ will get drafted as a quarterback in the later rounds and allowed to sit back and learn or do you think he would be better served by focusing in the off season on learning a different position like wide receiver?

OU always seems to reel in stud o-linemen so it will be interesting to see that QB transition. stills killed us last time we met, man.

coley is listed as OC but everyone who knows the program realizes that it's really jimbo calling 90% of the plays. it's not that he's a bad playcaller most of the time but he needs to start trusting coley a bit more. he came out of HS ranks but he has potential to be good.

thompson's been playing so well that fsu hasn't really had to lean on wilder/freeman/pryor much so i'm mostly fine with that. wilder has a good chance of being feature back next season.

as far as EJ, i've seen him as high as early 2nd round in some mock drafts, which i think is crazy. i think i'm mostly seeing him taken between rounds 3-5. i think EJ can be a QB at the next level for sure...i just don't know about starter. if a team can afford to groom him for a couple years behind a veteran guy, it could pay off.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 10-19-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:40 AM   #941
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla_Status
Nobody cares about Purdue dude. Root for the school you graduated from...Indiana.
I graduated from Indiana State, not Indiana U. I do root for ISU, but they're FCS and still pretty terrible.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #942
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Johnny Football > Overrated LSU defense.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #943
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Mettenburger is such trash. Dude just cannot throw. I mean, I'd understand if he could run.

7/21 right now.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #944
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LSU, in a recruiting hotbed, churns out top 5-10 recruiting classes every year, and they seemingly never have been able to field anything more than an average offense with a bad QB in the Les Miles era.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #945
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

A&M makes the worst mistakes. The turnovers has absolutely nothing to do with LSU's defense today. And they are missing chipshot FGs (what was that 25 yards maybe? and an xp).

They deserve to lose. Pathetic.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: