Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-31-2012, 03:00 AM   #91
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
UCLA shuts out Rice in the 2nd to win 49-24

Brett Hundley for Heisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
rice is absolutely horrible. hundley is good...but make no mistake, rice is ass.

let us have this... we would of struggled with this rice team last year and maybe even lost. hopefully the years of pain will finally end!
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:18 AM   #92
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer
let us have this... we would of struggled with this rice team last year and maybe even lost. hopefully the years of pain will finally end!

man, enjoy it. i'm just saying...it's rice rice has no experience on either side of the line. i do like hundley though...i think he's the best QB you guys have had in about a decade. i see you guys finishing up with 6-7 wins, which is a nice step forward. it really depends on hundley and franklin. i think your coach will pan out as well.

anyway, no one really jumped on this, but i'll just give my answers:

most overrated team? clemson. they lost a most of their starters on both lines and have a new defensive coordinator. there's just way too many moving parts there for me to think they do great. if i had to choose, i'd say v-tech finishes second in the ACC.

my secondary pick would be bama. don't get me wrong, i see them finishing top 5 but they lost a ton on defense. even if they reload quickly and saban is a great coach, guys like barron don't grow on trees. i just view lsu as the top team in the SEC. bama does have the best o-line in the nation imo, but i think lsu has the far better QB. he's the best pure passer lsu has seen since flynn imo and i'd take lsu's d-line as well.

third, i'd go stanford. hard to replace a couple guys like luck and fleener and the coach is still a question mark. i could put bama here, i'm not really going in order.

underrated? utah. huge o-line and they like to air it out. pac 12 doesn't exactly boast great secondaries so i think they could make some noise. they also can mix it up with white on the ground who is no slouch. i also think georgia is getting overlooked.

la tech is also underrated.
surprise teams(s)? arizona. i don't think they'll finish top 3 or even maybe top 4 in the pac 12, but watch out for an upset.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 09-01-2012 at 01:22 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
underrated? utah. huge o-line and they like to air it out. pac 12 doesn't exactly boast great secondaries so i think they could make some noise. they also can mix it up with white on the ground who is no slouch.

Utah's specialty is definitely not throwing the ball. However they are underrated, they have the best defense in the PAC-12 and John White is probably the best RB, but the QB position is a joke.

Utah vs. USC on October 4th could both be 4-0.

Speaking of the PAC-12, Washington State looked like an absolute joke last night against BYU.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 08-31-2012 at 09:58 AM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:00 AM   #94
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Utah's specialty is definitely not throwing the ball. However they are underrated, they have the best defense in the PAC-12 and John White is probably the best RB, but the QB position is a joke.

Utah vs. USC on October 4th could both be 4-0.

oh, they're certainly not going to rely on throwing the ball but i just think they may surprise some folks. they hang their hat on defense and pounding the ball. wynn will throw it regardless and pac 12 secondaries are just not that great. i don't agree with you that the QB position is a joke. i think wynn is serviceable and if they pick their spots, could make some big plays. i think their WR issues are just as big as their QB issues tbh. that's the one test to look out for since they are mostly solid everywhere else. i expect them to surprise some folks with the passing game but i could be wrong for sure.

that usc game will be huge. iirc, that's a thursday night game. if usc doesn't trip up there, they'll likely have to face oregon twice. if they get through that, they should make the nat'l title game with no problem, figuring they win out.

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-31-2012 at 10:25 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #95
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

UConn's D was nasty last night. First team D gave up about 40 yards and 2 first downs through 3 and a half quarters, and UMASS only got 59 yards and 3 first downs the whole game.

And UConn has a QB that is competent enough to throw a pass. WTF.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #96
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
UConn's D was nasty last night. First team D gave up about 40 yards and 2 first downs through 3 and a half quarters, and UMASS only got 59 yards and 3 first downs the whole game.

And UConn has a QB that is competent enough to throw a pass. WTF.

not to rain on your parade but UConn was playing UMass. I watched a chunk of it and I was actually surprised the Huskies weren't beating them down worse. It was their first game as an FBS member after all.

I didn't think WSU looked as bad as the score indicated vs BYU. They just killed themselves with untimely turnovers and were royally screwed by some awful holding calls on a TD, the other on a play that would have put them inside the 5. They moved the ball ok. I thought the QB did ok considering BYU was blowing through their line. The biggest issue for Wazzu I was was their WRs run really crappy routes.

the big upset of the day was McNeese State going Murfreesboro to defeat Mid Tennessee State 27-21.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #97
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Friday, August 31st

National Games

6:30 p.m. - North Carolina State vs. Tennessee (Atlanta) - ESPNU (HD) / espn3

7:00 p.m. - Boise State at Michigan State - ESPN (HD) / espn3

Games not scheduled for nationally available networks.

6:00 p.m. - Villanova at Temple - espn3
6:00 p.m. - Wagner at Florida Atlantic - espn3
6:00 p.m. - Southwestern Oklahoma at Stephen F. Austin - sfajacks.cstv.com/allaccess

9:00 p.m. - San Jose State at Stanford - PAC-12 Network (HD) / pac-12.com
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #98
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
if coach petrino decided to not star in coaches gone wild with his mistress, they'd probably rank ahead of SC. that said, they'll probably finish 3rd in the SEC..behind LSU and bama

I don't know, there was some of those "way too early" polls coming out after last season before Petrino did his thing, and the majority of them had SCar ranked ahead of Arkansas. I know those have absolutely no influence on the actual preseason polls, but still. We beat them 44-28 last year and it wasn't even that close. Cobi Hamilton, standing wide-open in the endzone, dropped a pass (it was about as low as can be on the degree of difficulty scale), and Ronnie Wingo had time to stop, turn around, and wait for a pass to get to him at around the 20 yard line with no SCar defender near him, and he dropped it. So they're lucky they didn't lose 58-24.

And, like I said, we've got a lot of key pieces back. Aside from losing Joe Adams and Jarius Wright, and a couple of key players on defense, it's essentially the same team as last year. And, for my money, we've got the best backfield in the SEC (and one of the 3-5 best in the country) if Knile Davis returns to what he was two years ago before he got hurt.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #99
kentatm
NBA Legend

I think USCe should get a bit of a pass for their offensive performance b/c Connor Shaw was playing with a really messed up shoulder.

Their o-line needs to get its shit together though.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #100
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
not to rain on your parade but UConn was playing UMass. I watched a chunk of it and I was actually surprised the Huskies weren't beating them down worse. It was their first game as an FBS member after all.
Yeah, they probably lost about 14 points due to dumbass or lucky turnovers, such as that guy diving out of bounds to tap it back in. Basically it seemed like this game was scripted for UConn, they knew they would win it so they branched out to try some things in preparation for the rest of the season. Next week with NC State coming in, we'll see how bad the offense is and how good the defense is. And I don't care who you play; 59 yards, 3 first downs, 24 rushes for 3 yards, 0 snaps on the UConn side of the field for UMass. Thats just dominant, even against a first year FBS team. Hell an FCS team will at least get on the board in most cases.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #101
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
I think USCe should get a bit of a pass for their offensive performance b/c Connor Shaw was playing with a really messed up shoulder.

Their o-line needs to get its shit together though.

I'll give them a bit of a pass, but Shaw played the first half before hurting hsi shoulder, and looked like shit when he actually tried to throw the ball. He's going to have a really tough time staying healthy if he decides to tuck and run that often.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #102
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

That Kellen Moore replacement is garbage.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #103
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Loving the defense right now for Boise State, keeping us in the game. Too bad Southwick has been f*cking terrible.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #104
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Wally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputationWally450 has a terrific reputation

So what happens when Braxton Miller puts up Tim Tebow like numbers for Ohio State? Is Tebow gonna look like a system guy and shouldve been a 7th round pick possibly undrafted in the pros?
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #105
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

I don't know.. Part of me loves that we have that consistent "underdog" team to cheer for year in and year out, but I would love to see what Peterson could do at a major program.

His team is obviously not as good as the past few years and Boise still has the lead over a good Michigan State team at their place. And Boise has played a very average game.

I'm not even talking about at Bama or Michigan. Even at a sleeping giant like Texas A&M would suffice.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: